Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22
B
goal
goal
B
Who are some of the better players for Eastside? I presume they play club for CESA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eastside will have a great team this year and will be a very tough team to beat throughout the season and in the playoffs, but after personally playing them, and watching Irmo play in a few games last year, and watching some of there state match last year before loading up on the bus, I will have to say that Irmo will have a better more talented team than Eastside. Though we truly won't know unless the two teams play. I really hate to say that, because I don't like the reputation Irmo has earned thoughout the years, but the fact is they have a great program. I also think Irmo should win the state and be ranked in the top 5 nationally.

brace
brace
On paper, both teams are rock solid with the exception of keeper. Eastside doesn't have a standout keeper. That could hurt them in close games. But that being said, both teams should have a strong season.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Does anyone in 2A ever get upset that Bishop England doesn't have to work out its starting lineup under the same rules as the public schools? Just wondering...

lpaf

Brace
Brace
LPAF - What do you mean? Why don't they? They play in the public SCHSL, so they have to abide by the same rules. What's your take?

B
goal
goal
B
2004striker, is Bubba Prep located in Sugar Tit, SC, where the Bubba Festival is celebrated?Just wondering?

coach
coach
bdad,
Yes thats the place. Bubba Prep is looking for a new pitch this spring. The one they used last spring got plowed under for soybeans. The administration at BP is looking at a nice cow pasture on the outskirts of Sugar Tit. They hope to have it ready for play by Feb 1 for its first scrimmage against Darrell,Jr. High.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Hammer --

I'm twisting the use of the word "rule" a bit, I guess. I'm sure the SCHSL rules are the same, but BE is able to draw an upscale student body from a very large geographic area to constitute its 897 students. That's hugely different from, for example, a 2A Walhalla. I just wondered if there is ever grumbling from the 2A schools about this disparity. I know the best public programs compete and sometimes win state over BE. But it is always BE they have to overcome. I've always thought their level of play was much more similar to the good 4A schools.

lpaf

coach
coach
I don't know the reason that BE, Christ Church, and others are allowed to play ball in SCHSL, but BE should be placed in 3A or even 4A for soccer competition. That would definitely level the playing field, since they have the tremendous advantage to recruit whoever they want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emerald beat them last year, and they are in the small town of Greenwood Greenwood also has the 4A school Greenwood HS. I also don't think those private schools should compete in public school leagues, b/c to play for a pubic school you have to be zoned for that school, with some exceptions, such as magnet students and some schools. Private schools can get the best players from around there region or town.

Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard