Print Thread
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again I may be just a little biased to the upstate and my Greenville team, but I don't think BE would end upstate dominance that easily. There is to much competition in 3A in the upstate, with Greenville, Eastside, Mann, Danial, Riverside, and a few others depending on the year, that lowerstate is going to have to really step it up.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
its already lookin like its gonna be another upstate championship for 3A and its gonna be that way for a while too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The way i look at it is, private schools will not be stoped from playing in the public school leagues any time soon so the only way to take care of that is to beat them. For instance: Bishop England a major powerhouse in 2A has lost to chapin and emerald in the past 3 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Corner Flag- I agree with you on the fact that both teams are solid, but you said that their exception was at the goalkeeper position. I agree with you referring to Eastside, but how can you say that Irmo is weak there? Irmo's goalkeeper, Austin Moody, has committed to play at USC. I don't think that one of the top soccer programs in the nation would put any confidence in a player that was not "solid." Personally, I think that Moody and Gustavson are the top keepers in the state...hands down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think he meant that the difference in the teams is the keeper. Eastide dosn't have an extremly strong keeper, and Irmo has an excellent keeper.

brace
brace
Upstate.soccer is correct. Moody is an excellent keeper and Eastisde is lacking in that position.

brace
brace
On paper, Irmo should win 4A and Eastside 3A, but as we all know the games are not played on paper, they're played on the field. Anything can happen in the playoffs, especially in soccer where one red card, PK or breakaway can make the difference in a game.

C
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
C
well obviously irmo is a big choice to win 4A but nobody has anything about Northwestern did they lose too many seniors to compete with irmo this coming up year? And what about lowerstate in 3A is everyone counting them out again? I don't think it's gonna be a cakewalk for upperstate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4A-Irmo
3A-Dreher...sorry, they're good and I would love to see it
2A-Bishop England...as always, I don't care how small of a school they are but they should be moved up to 4A (joke)
1A-?

Brace
Brace
Striker--
From what I understand, private schools can simply pay a fee and play in the SCHSL. I even think it is as low as like $2000 or something which BE and Christ Church can easily pay.

Private schools in the SCHSL is a topic that gets rehashed to no end year after year. I think they either need to increase the fee or use something other than attendance to place those schools. Yes, BE has lost the last couple of years but until there is true parody, then they are misplaced. Also, look at what C.C. has done in 1A.

Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard