Print Thread
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their chances once again are very strong to compete for a Lowerstate championship. I feel that one of the main reasons for their great record over the years, however, is their weak region. This year, I see them having a very good regular season record, but I do not see them making it through the Lowerstate Championship. Irmo just seems to be too strong, and Hilton Head should be competitive once again. I'm sticking with my previous predictions for AAAA, AAA, and AA: Irmo, Eastside, and Bishop England

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
socastee wont win 3a

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has socastee moved down to 3A in all other sports or just soccer

World Cup
World Cup
The S.C. High School League realigns its' members every two years and Socastee moved from Class 4A to Class 3A in all sports for 2004-2006.

B
goal
goal
B
I truly believe Irmo and Wando will meet in the Lower state finals and this will be a meeting of the top 2 teams in the state.The winner should handle the upper state representative.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
In 4A they get to the playoffs by seeding and the seeding is determined on a points system. They get more points for playing a 4A team with a losing record than playing a 1 or 2A team with a winning record. Therefore most 4A teams will not play a 1A during the regular season. It could make a difference in having a home game or away game the first round in the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach D, Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is the old way of seeding teams for state playoffs. (but I heard rumors that some regions had a different format for determining how to determine seedings within their region)
In our region, last year it was done on region records. (with only games within our region counting) The top 4 got births in state tourney and were ranked 1,2,3 and 4 within their region. The teams were then placed in the bracket accordingly. This bracket was posted on SCHSL website months in advance of playoffs. I believe you could have won your aaaa region and lost all your other games and still had home field advantage the first two rounds. The first round was a #1 v a #4 and second round pitted winner of that against a #2 v #3 winner. Assuming all #1 were left after two rounds, the bracket indicated which one got the home field (regardless of W/L records or points).
Not sure if they are doing differently this year or not. Perhaps a coach would know.

World Cup
World Cup
There is NO points system in Class 4A anymore. That was done away with last year (maybe even the year before). Class 3A has been "pre-bracketed" for several years now.

The reason is that each year the region winner of a paticular region will be placed at the top of the bracket. Last year it was Region 1 in the Upper State (Mauldin) and Region 5 in the Lower State (Irmo).

Whenever two teams that finished in the same place in their region, i.e., #1 vs. #1 or #2 v #2, the team sitting in higher position in the bracket plays at home.

This is last year's Class 4A boys bracket -- 2004 Playoffs.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
My bad guys.

Brace
Brace
A point system is still used as part of the tie-breaker for final standings in region 5. For example, if two teams are tied at first place and split during the season, they are declared region co-champions. But, a "unit" (read point) system is used to determine the higher seed for the playoffs.

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard