A

#19783 11/16/04 03:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is no doubt in my mind that Irmo will be back at their home this year in the state championship game. They have an enormous amount of talent returning. As for Northwestern, I'm pretty sure they lost a ton of seniors so look for another team to come through in the Upper State...I'm gonna say a Spring Valley/Irmo or Aiken/Irmo final.

#19784 11/16/04 11:34 AM
goal kick
goal kick
Two things that I feel comfortable with saying about this thread: 1. Irmo will be back in the Championship game (and win) again this year. They have a ton of tallent coming back from last year. & 2. it will not be a Spring Valley v Irmo final!!! Irmo and Spring Valley are in the same Region this year, along with Dutch Fork and Ridgeview. At least one very good team will not make the playoffs this year and that is sad. Again Football (American) takes priority over all other sports in SC.

#19785 11/16/04 02:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, history will not repeat itself. Northwestern is definitely not a favorite to return to the Championship. They lost too much of their talent and leadership to logically be considered as a front runner. On the other hand, Irmo has enough talent, leadership, and determination to win it all for the third straight year. Rumor has it that this team could be one of the best in Irmo history. They have thirteen seniors(if all of the juniors from last year's roster make the team and no additions), a solid core of juniors, and a couple of freshmen that will look to make the roster. This information is all what I've heard, though, none of it is concrete. My prediction for the state final will be Irmo v. South Aiken. These two teams play each other in their first regular season match(should be interesting).

#19786 11/16/04 06:44 PM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Coach Savitz will be celebrating his 25th year coaching at Irmo this year. His teams have won 13 State Championships since he started. (2 were won before he got there) This years squad has 3 players already committed to play for USC when they leave Irmo. Last years MVP for the State Championship game was their keeper Austin Moody... he's back and better this year. I'll go out on a limb and say Irmo will be competing for another Title this year. I'm sure everybody will want a piece of them from now until the Title game.

Link Copied to Clipboard