Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that SCS will be pretty good. Not sure if they will give CC a run for their money but we shall see.

I don't think that Buford will be that good seeing that they lost 2 of thier best players, goalie, and thier coach.

Blackville-Hilda will give all the lower state teams a good run. They will probably go to Lower State against AM if the brackets work in their favor come playoffs. By the way, how are you guys ranked in the top 5??? You may be returning all of your starters and be a great teams this year but.....you guys shouldn't be ranked in the top 5 for pre-season. That just doesn't make sense since you guys didn't even go to Lower State last year.

Dixie, I haven't heard a lot about. The only thing about this team that I hear is that they are a decent team. The only way this team will be a good team and contender, is if they get over the hurdle of beating SCS. They always play them close but can never finish it.

Gov. School, from what I gather never know what they have since they only have juniors and seniors. They loose probably half their team every year. So...this is probably the sleeper team since no one ever knows (including them) what they have until game time. By the way, much props for being the smallest school with a Soccer team in all divisions and going to Lower State 2 years in a row now.

CC and AM are the two power houses, suprise-suprise. These are probably my two picks for the championship game. THen I hope AM will pull out the win in the Championship game so another team can be on the trophy.

Williston-Elko (sp?)- Haven't heard to much about and don't think they will be a big contender this year.

Indian Land- Um.....no

The others aren't even worth mentioning.

Congrats on the 2 new teams (besides AM) in 1A this season:
~Fox Creek
~East Claredon

Good luck to all team this season and for those of you who have slack Coaches/AD's tell them to send in your schedules..*Cough.. SCS..Cough*

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
if the grapefruit is that good - and I'd be surprised if he is - whats he still doing here?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no offense but christ is gunna kill everyone like they always have theres just no one to beat them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mannsoccer7, I think your repeating a broken record on that one...I mean they have the history to back it. But you can't tell me that AM won't give them a run for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alright just to set things straight:
First of all I think everyone is over rating Dixie (or at least Dixie is over rating themselve).
I think Balckville-Hilda will be pretty good this year considering they didn't lose much and they were pretty good last year.
Of course CC and Academic Magnet will be good again this year and probably make it to the final game.
SCS from what I hear might give CC a some competition though so watch out.
Buford is another team that I think will not do so hot this year. They lost a lot of good players and from what I hear they haven't really filled their places.
GSSM will be pretty good this year again. I really don't know if they have filled in all the defense that they lost last year, but no one really knows that yet. I appreciate Steak realizing that gssm is the smallest school in the league and they only have one year to work together as a team.

Predictions:
1. AM
2. CC
3. SCS
4. GSSM
5. BH
6. Buford
7. Who cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the top 5 starting out the season are
1) Christ Church
2)Academic Magnet
3)Southside Christian
4)Buford
5)Blackville-Hilda

Now I play for Southside Christian and I'm still not quite sure how we got pre-season ranked ahead of Buford since they finished second in the state last year, but whatever, we'll take it. Also, not sure how BH starts out at #5. Anywayz, since training is up and running for those of you who don't play basketball good luck to everyone, work hard, and hopefully it'll show come playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey DCA where did you find those rankings. The place I went to still have last years up.

J
world cup
world cup
J

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCA, remember that when they do the rankings they use a lot of information in their compiler system. Buford lost their top three or so leading scorers and their keeper...basically, they might not be the same team they were last year. Hope that explains why you are ranked above them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel that it's fair to give Buford 4th right now, because it's apparent, as GSWide has said, that Buford's not the same team at the end of last season. I'm not sure how good Dixie is, or how good Blackville is. If Coach Cady has talent to work with, I'm certain they'll be in the rankings very soon. If Blackville is as good as they were 3 years ago, then they should be straight, but I don't feel like they'll be that strong again. I think the rankings are pretty accurate, it's just that the 4 & 5 teams will need quality wins to earn their spot.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard