Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah CC and SCS is a big rivalry but for some reason SCS just cant seem to get over the hump and get a win against CC

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by The Hammer:
Hey L-E Dude, how will your team be this year? Did you play club this fall?

I'm actually at Clemson now..so..I don't really know much about this year's group..but.. I do know that Coach Brown is back (coached my freshmen and sophomore year..) ..should turn a young team into a very physical/smart team. I know they have a pretty decent sophomore class with some club and ODP players.. so.. maybe in a few years if Brown stays there the program will be consistent..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All these publics schools always whining about how Southside Christian and Christ Church always beat them, I love it. Ya'll are just mad b/c we crush you in every sport. Stop complaining and start training to beat us. The reason that CC beats SCS in soccer is because most of their team plays club soccer and almost no one from SCS plays year around. And they don't beat us in every sport. We beat them in wrestling, girls tennis, baseball, and basketball will be close this year. They're just extrodinary at Golf and guys tennis and their soccer program is good too.

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by DCA6767:
All these publics schools always whining about how Southside Christian and Christ Church always beat them, I love it. Ya'll are just mad b/c we crush you in every sport. Stop complaining and start training to beat us. The reason that CC beats SCS in soccer is because most of their team plays club soccer and almost no one from SCS plays year around. And they don't beat us in every sport. We beat them in wrestling, girls tennis, baseball, and basketball will be close this year. They're just extrodinary at Golf and guys tennis and their soccer program is good too.

I'm pretty sure the argument people are making..is that 1A public schools don't have the money/resources to compete with you guys (they can't pay for club soccer training, proper equipment, team camps, etc). It's pretty obvious really..

A school as competitive as CC has no business in the public school league ESPECIALLY 1A..when there is a private school league with legit competition.

..assuming SCISA has only one division..?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah but even though the schools themselves don't have the money to pay for it individuals can go out and play club themselves or go to camps on there own dime. Besides the two big private schools in 1A the rest of the teams are more made up of athletes rather than just soccer players

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by GOOB:
Yeah but even though the schools themselves don't have the money to pay for it individuals can go out and play club themselves or go to camps on there own dime. Besides the two big private schools in 1A the rest of the teams are more made up of athletes rather than just soccer players

yes.. see.. those poor schools..are made-up of poor students and poor families.. my point was/is.. the school can't shell out the cash..and neither can the students/families that make-up those schools..

So how is it fair that a private school..which pays to be separate from them..can pay some more money..to "compete" with them..when..there really is no competition between schools like CC and Blackville..

If you want to talk about work ethic and all that.. then you're talking to the wrong people.. you can't talk compare how hard a public school kid works to a scisa kid..the only difference is how much money they spend for their training..

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
It is about the money that the individual player's family can spend on his/her training. A rural school player usually does not have the money to play club or the money for transportation to the town where the club plays. It would be unfair to penalize a player because his family has the money for him/her to play club, but due to economics the rural player does not have the same advantages as the private school player. Perhaps each 1A team could have up to two players who play club ball and if a school has more than two an increase in the school's population would be added. If a school with a population of 300 students had six players who played club, it would add 200 students to their population putting them in the nxt division. The ratio would have to be well thought out and fair. Using this system a school with many players who play club would then find the appropriate competition at the next high school league level and allowing those schools with poorer students playing other schools at their levels. This would be a win win situation for all the students and schools.

Goal
Goal
Um, no. Christ Church doesn't win in football. Let's turn the tables.

How about having Blackville-Hilda give the private schools some football victories that y'all are used to down in rural Barnwell County and Christ Church will let y'all compete with them in soccer. Same argument, different sport. I bet if Lamar was a private school y'all would whine about getting beat by them in football.

This is a tired debate among a bunch of small schools and minds. Enough!

J
world cup
world cup
J
..i could have sworn this was the futile b.s. discussion forum?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went to one of those supposed poor schools and i played club ball and went to camps so not all people who go to public school dirt poor

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard