Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sc_cap'n- what number are you for pendleton...just wondering? Also, you make a good point that we do have to play you guys two more times this year, and i think that you guys have just as good of a chance of beating us as we have of beating you, but keep in mind that are two starting center-mids weren't there, one of which being our best player, and we'll be ready for you next time. And i'm wondering if you guys had any guys absent from the tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One more thing, you can at least give us props for the number 3 team in state in 1A beating the number 3 team in state in 2A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCA,

Indeed, I agree that you deserve props for your victory. I know how gratifying it feels when you knock off a ranked opponent in a higher classification. I wasn't trying to take anything away from you guys. As far as a number is concerned I'm afraid I don't have one. I actually coach the JV team. As far as missing players, that's one thing that us smaller schools have to deal with more often than the larger schools. We were missing one of our starting fullbacks who was still tied up with wrestling. In addition our keeper, (jerbaber), had only been out to practice one day before the tournament since he was tied up with basketball. Also, and I'm not making excuses for our players but, we have only had the goals on our field for week. We had been shooting on PUG nets for the last few weeks while we waited for our goals to be rewelded and repainted by the Ag dept. (go ahead and give us a nomination for the redneck league for that one!) As your goalie alluded to earlier, all of our shots were right at the keeper (as they were as well in the Emerald game) which probably has more to do with the fact that we've been shooting on a small centralized target for the majority of our practices this spring.

One of the nice things about preseason tournaments is it gives us an opportunity to see what we need to work on and then at the end of the year you can look back and see how far you've come. We played in the spring valley preseason tournament last year and while the competition was higher I feel that this year playing in Emerald's tournament might provide for a better measure of growth. We obviously were hoping for better results this weekend but at least playing against schools the same size (or nearly in your case) is probably a more accurate prediction of where we currently are. We have some issues which need to be worked out but I feel that by the end of the year we'll be a far better team than what we displayed this past weekend.

Good luck to you in 1A this upcoming year. I look forward to playing you guys again later this spring and seeing how far both teams have come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SC_cap'n do you guys still have the same keeper you had last year. That guy was awesome

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Yeah I've got to give it to Pendleton...their keeper was pretty good for having come out the day before...can we nick-name Palmetto's keeper something that has to do with sliding or something, lol, bc it seemed that everytime he made a save, he sat and the ground and slid for like 10 yards, haha...did you notice that Pendleton?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah deffinately props to the Pendleton keeper, he's got some good stuff. I know it sucks not being able to shoot on big goals cuz our coach always has us doing short-field stuff so i'm sorry about that. Yeah we had me and our stopper just get back from basketball the week before, one that just got done with wrestling today, 3 sick or injured and two on ski trips during the Emerald tournament so it'll be a totally different game for both teams next time we meet up. Good luck on your season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah last year i remember pendltons goals lookin like crap you guys field is pretty rough too. Its a shame that such a good team is without goals for the first few weeks of the season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to answer Goob, yes we do have the same keeper, this is Jeremy Johnson's fourth year as our starting keeper. We've got a good one behind him on the depth chart as well in Harrison Hickman.

Goals are fixed (and except for the fact that they sag) and look good. field is a bit wet at this point from all the rain. The grass on our field is another issue, it's bermuda grass so it doesn't start to grow until late in the season. We've talked to the school about overseeding with Rye but they seem reluctant to do that. One thing that is good about our field though, aside from a decent stadium, is the fact that the field is pretty level and flat, not many rough patches which change the direction of the ball all of the sudden.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was up with the palmetto keeper getting a yellow card? looked to me like he was trying to start a fight.

throw in
throw in
look, nothing is wrong with our goalie, hes aggressive, so what. and i think its crappy for number 7 from SSC to say crap about my team and then say he is sorry for what his keeper said... because what you said was worse. im sorry that our team is aggressive.. but thats how we play.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard