Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey, i wanted to know how you guys think the SCISA season will go this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pretty good for scisa, bad for BA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SCISA? What's that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey, im gettin tired of ur lame comments, big stuff pps/ssc GK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think the top 3 choices to win scisa this year from what i have heard are going to be either:
1. Hilton Head Christian
2. Ben Lippen
3. Cardinal Newman

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you wouldnt put pinewood in your top 3?very interesting but as you said in another topic i guess we just have to play out the season to see who really are the top teams this year.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I haven't heard anything at all about hilton head christian, have they played any scrimmages/tournaments yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHCA HAS PLAYED TWO SCRIMMAGES WITH HH HIGH SCHOOL AND PLAYED EVEN...WITHOUT THREE STARTERS STILL IN BASKETBALL. THEY OPEN MONDAY, RETURN 9 STARTERS FROM LAST YEAR, INCLUDING 19 GGOALS, 17 ASSISTS FROM ONE JUNIOR. DEFENSE IS STRONGER, MIDFIELD IS MORE SKILLED, STRIKERS ARE FASTER THAN LAST YEARS 18-4 TEAM. WEAK LOWER STATE, BUT STRONG TEAM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are all SCISA players @$$holes like Heathwood Hall's players? Is it a superiority complex or something with you kids? I mean do you think you're better than us because you pay to go to school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the reason that i didnt put pinewood in my top three is because of all the players that they graduated from last years team. but ofcourse, they always seem to have a good team and i do see them haing a good season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hhca lost to Hilton Head High in a scrimage 2-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought HH was nice. Good field guys...be more decisive though in your plays, because if you don't, you're gonna get eaten like a fresh eggroll. Diversify your bonds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Ben Lipon done so far this year

hat-trick
hat-trick
cardinal newman is fast in the middle, and physical in the back. Brennan Williams, Matt Winstead, and John Belinga are their top players

hat-trick
hat-trick
Ben Lippen has not done well this year so far, they are 4-3 with a tough loss 1-2 to chapin in a very good game, and another tough 1-2 loss the NA which they only had 12 players due to injuries and basketball players but still played with the other team, and they lost 3-0 to dreher in a game which they could not have played a lot better, still a missing a starting marking back with a broken collarbone, and another is recovering from an ankle sprain, and basketball players just now getting back into their soccer skills

B
goal
goal
B
benp are you a player? You seem to know alot about the Columbia area teams.

C
throw in
throw in
C
no, benp is not a player, and he needs to be quite unless he really know what he's talking about...which he doesn't!

hat-trick
hat-trick
No, I am not playing high school soccer this spring, played club in the fall and referee all the time. I get out to many games and spectate, that is why i know a lot about the teams.

cm15-90min, I ask you once again, who are you?

hat-trick
hat-trick
I apologize for my previous post, and have changed a rash word that i used in it. And in order to explain myself i wish to say:

Due to the high standards of the Ben Lippen Coach and program, and the talent and quality of coaching they posses, they would have expected to be 6-1 or 7-0 right now rather than 4-3. According to what they believe, they are not doing as well as they should be. Since I am a loyal supporter of Ben Lippen athletics, I would have to agree with this. I know that if a coach, or player read these statements and the ones in the previous post, they would agree, and reinforce the fact that Ben Lippen's record does not well represent their potential.

S
bench
bench
S
Is BL young? I understand they lost several players due to graduation including both starting strikers and sweeper? I also know they usually have quite a few internationals? Have they picked any new ones up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I havent heard anything about Wilson Hall but i saw they beat BL 2-1. Wilson Hall must be good becuase BL is supposed to be the #1 team in the state or at least thats what they were sayin earlier

B
goal
goal
B
Well for starters its an improvement for people to even realize WH has a soccerteam. I wouldn't read too much into the BL game one way or the other. WH IS improved beacause they have a junior dominated lineup now as opposed to 8th or 9th grade.Speed wide and size wise they match up a liitle better than before.But still lack overall technical skill, though several players have improved the last few years by playing club. WH will probably battle Hammond and OP for the 4th playoff spot in the north.BenLippen is still a good team , and will challenge for region honors in the north.

S
bench
bench
S
so what do you think happened to BL in that game? I remember watching WH last year, and I'm not surprised at their improvement. However beating BL was a surprise even if it was early in the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Cardinal Newman play Pinewood in the regular season? if so who do u think will win?

B
goal
goal
B
Won't happen until playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who won the pendleton vs southside christan game last night?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know the score of hammond/OP game tonight?

C
kick off
kick off
C
In my opinion Wilson Hall's number three ranking is not completely deserved. Dont get me wrong, they are very very much improved and are starting to get some skill. I would say Wilson Hall should be in te top 6 for their shocking defeat of Ben Lippen. Ben Lippen is a very good team and i believe they will once again (like always) be in contention for another conference championship with Cardinal Newman. Wilson Hall is emerging as a legitiment team and i am glad that they are finally being taken seriously. Look out for Wilson Hall this year to make a run at thte playoffs and potentially catalizing some more upsets.

C
kick off
kick off
C
oh yeh, i wasnt saying wh shouldnt be ranked cause they should and probably pretty highly. i would like to also hear some thoughts on wilson hall's team and development

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ben Lippen was taken by suprise by wilson hall thinking that they were just bad like always but now they have better players before but still bad. Ben lippen controlled the game and played a round them like nothin, except ben lippen could not finish. Ben lippen has now improved on finishing. They could not finish because the wilson hall players (every player) went and stayed in front of the goal so they couldn't get shots in but to the goal. Wilson only scored on a break away. And the wetness even more stepped down ben lippen playing ability as well. Wilson hall should not be to worry, when ben lippen mets them again I think ben lippen going to kick they butts. And show everyone that it was a fluke!

B
goal
goal
B
Lets see I kick balls. Wilson Hall has bad players, they surprised BL, BL controlled the game but didn't finish, all the WH players were standing in front of the goal, Oh yeah and the ground was wet. Did I miss anything?

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Although they have lots of excuses, Ben Lippen is simply not a very good team this year. Look at their record to date; not one victory against a good team.

S
bench
bench
S
I_Kick_Balls that was a rather dumb post. It is ok to admit that you lost a game. Even the best teams do. In fact it's even to say you were surpised by the other teams ability. But don't make excuses. It only serves to make you or your team look bad. I know past BL teams have always had to prove their rankings. Now that they've finally seemed to earn some respect you shouldn't go off acting dumb to ruin the respect they earned. Even the best teams lose sometimes.

C
kick off
kick off
C
to I_kick_balls - you might be one of the cockiest people for no reason i have ever heard. Ben lippen had most of the play, yes, but they did not domintate and no wilson hall did not cheat or even as you(and only you) claim put everyone back. they played you strait up and just beat you fair and square. we'll see what
happens next time. you just need to relax and quit making excuses. even all of these non-wilson hall people are telling you to quit making excuses. so please just quit thinking your better than everyone else and admit defeat. you'll get your chance to get them back, if you as good as you think. so in conclusion quit making excuses and give wilson hall some credit because they reason yall couldnt score was because of your lack of talent up top and finishing in the midfield, not wetness or wilson hall's packing it in(which didnt happen)

coach
coach
Boy! I didnt know these SCISA boys took soccer so seriously! Can't wait to see the return match -
BL v. WH.
Sounds more like a wrestling card, huh?
I would also put my personal pesos on Kick Balls in a 1 v. 1 match v. Schrecky!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm just expressing my point of view of the game not trying to make excuses, if it seems i did then sorry, gosh. You people take so much offense to things said on these message boards

hat-trick
hat-trick
Ben Lippen seems to be playing more along their level now with a 6-0 win at RNE. Not sure what happened to Cardinal Newman vs. Dreher, I expected that they would play closer than a 4-1 loss.

coach
coach
Good to see that Benny Smith is back from last season injury. He had a hat-trick in Dreher v. Cardinal Newman. He is the hardest working guy in soccer!

B
goal
goal
B
Good win for Ben Lippen 6-0 over RNE. Couple of intersting games tonight. Hammond vs Cardinal Newman and OP vs Heathwood.

First true test for Hammond and time to see if dreher loss creates hangover for CN.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score of the Hammond CN game?

hat-trick
hat-trick
1-0 Cardinal Newman

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Hammond play Camden Military today? If so what was the score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pinewood got BA 3-1. a come back win...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Richland Northeast score against Heathwood twice?

C
throw in
throw in
C
wait, BA was up on Pinewood??? is BA really good this year...what happened?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the goal was scored in the first 14 seconds of the game after a soft pass on the kickoff was intercepted and the player pretty much was uncontended.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ye that was gay, but then pinewood held 'em off for the rest of the game and scored three unanswered goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pinewood had nothing to hold off. BA has no offensive or midfield threat. pinewood was held strong the whole first half by the BA defense and they squeezed one in with less than five minutes left in the first half. after that BA did not have a chance because they have not scored a goal against a decent team all year (0-0 with Hammond, 0-2 Pinewood) Once Pinewood scored ofcourse they knew they were going to win because BA's offense posed no threat. Into the second half Pinewood came out very aggressive and physical and scored off of a wide open header from a corner kick then a little while later a freshman from BA gave up a penalty kick. Pinewood converted on their opportunities and BA did not take a shot in the second half. BA's defense and defensive mids played well, but were overcome by Pinewood's sound fundamentals and the young and inexperienced BA team fell apart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does BA still have that Korean Keeper?

hat-trick
hat-trick
did the Heathwood Hammond game get rescheduled? or was it played? When is it or what was the score?

P
throw in
throw in
P
Heathwood vs Hammond match has been rescheduled for Friday, April 15th. It should be a good game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he's not korean, he's chinese, and yes he still is the keeper, and he's a junior

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry didnt know what his nationality was.

C
throw in
throw in
C
i would like to know the answer to I_KICK_BALLS...how did RNE score two goals on Heathwood Hall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RNE hit a bomb from like 35 yards out on a bouncing ball that wasn't cleared by the defense and they scored with like 2 seconds left on another mental lapse by the defense. Heathwood dominated the whole game and was up 5-0 and put all their reserves in who didn't keep up the same level of play as the starters and they paid for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are 2 big games Tues. 4/5 for SCISA teams; the first being Ben Lippen at Heathwood Hall 7:00, and the other game is Hammond at Dreher 7:30.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I am very interested in the outcome of the Hammond Dreher game. Hammond played closely with Cardinal Newman, so they may be able to show us something against Dreher. Ben Lippen Heathwood will be a very good test for both teams, as they are both in the running for the top spot in upperstate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the upperstate teams faring, havent really heard alot from up there

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Wilson Hall still undefeated with 7-0 record but have only played one real team, which is Ben Lippen, but have Heathwood and Hammond coming up which will probably decide if WIlson Hall goes to the playoffs this year

hat-trick
hat-trick
this weeks rankings look very accurate. But I still think that Wilson Hall may drop some games coming into the heat of their schedule

CN
BL
WH
PP
Ham
HH

hat-trick
hat-trick
and according to the statewide rankings, it looks like the coaches believe that upperstate is overwhelming this year with the top 5 upperstate teams ranked in the top 6

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea the lower state is struggling this year but hopefully that will change with the second half on the season left

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
When does Ben Lippen play Cardinal Newman?

C
throw in
throw in
C
BL play CN this coming friday at 7 pm....at Ben Lippen

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
that should be a really good game i'm thinkin Ben Lippen comes on top with 2-1 victory

hat-trick
hat-trick
I hope you're right defender dude. Ben Lippen is doing well at finishing late. And I hope that their defense will have a good game, with their marking backs just back from injuries and with Cardinal Newman's offense being sparked by Matt Winstead and Brennan Williams (they are deadly) along with Fritz and the other forward who is good also.

S
bench
bench
S
The BL vs CN game should be good. It always is... I wish I could be there to watch it. If anyone could post details I would be grateful. I haven´t heard anything from the lower state besides PG not having a good season? Have PG and PW played each other yet?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Pinewood beat portergaud 5-1 in the carolina classic. But they still play eachother 2 more times for region.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i dont agree with benp that this weeks ranking are accuarte, BA played HHCA without its two best players and only lost 2-1 off of two own goals, they also lost to PG in OT shootout, which PG only got into because of a horribly called PK against BA. BA also played without a centermid that was lost for the season and still missing 2 others from injuries and is currently playing with only one sub whos never played before. ill agree with the top rankings, but i think 7,8,9 need to be looked at again. ill agree BA's record is very poor, but if the ranking is by the strength of the team, then theres something wrong with the rankings

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
what's the score of the Hammond vs. OP game?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard