Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
throw in
throw in
umm, let me just say that i play for palmetto, and DCA didnt come anywehre close to hurting that girl. she wants to be treated just like a guy when she plays soccer, just like kimi said. im sorry that the ref called a couple fouls on you or whatever. every post you have put up on here or replied to you have said something about palmetto, why cant you just drop us DCA?

throw in
throw in
and let me add that she didnt get on here and talk about how much of a "hack" you are, like you did about our whole team... what does that say about YOU?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I probably worded it poorly. I'm not saying that I am physically going to beat the crap out of a girl on an opposing team, but I do feel like that if a girl wants to play in a guys league then she should be treated like a guy. And whoever made the comment about taking advantage of smaller players, that's stupid. Part of being successful in any sport is being able to overpower your opponent. It's the same in soccer, I'm going to take advantage of those smaller than me on the field and I would hope those that are bigger than me would take advantage of me, it's all part of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I play 4 years with the boys during high school at pendleton and now i'm a coach at palmetto where we do have 2 girls playing on varsity. when i played i got away with a lot of things people would not get away with. I tell my girls that they will also get away with things. but they are on a boys team to play and you should treat them just like a guy. do not baby them.

goal
goal
I don't like the fact that girls are allowed to play on boys teams in high school. It's ok for youth leagues, but you don't see girls playing baseball in high school. If a school doesn't have a girls team, then maybe they could join another school's team in the same district or make it a club sport. It just looks bad and really kind of downgrades soccer.

And while we're on the topic, can some coaches and parents stop referring to girls soccer as women's soccer? They don't call boys soccer men's soccer and if you are in high school, then technically you are still a "kid".

J
Brace
Brace
J
You have to respect title IX, there is no way around it. When I played high school soccer in Illinois a couple of the top 10 teams in state had girls that played on them. I didn't see any preference from the refs when it came to making calls. Most got shoulder tackled off of the ball just like the guys. I know coaches get mad when you play differently against the girls. I had a coach that would bench you if you didn't play to your full potential and knock girls off of the ball if you were playing against them. Its part of the game, as long as it isn't intentionally rough. I have seen some girls that are way better than guys. My wife was an all state player back in the day, and we have played in some 3 v 3 tourneys and she has torn some guys up. I give them props for being out on the field. My brothers gf also played on a guys U18 team as a keeper in NC, and pounded some guys when they came in to shoot. Its cool to see girls that are that good, and want to play with the guys!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally i think having a girl on a guys team makes like someone said earlier 'soccer' look bad...i agree girls should have the right to play but they should like someone said be able to go to a different school in the district or something and play not just play on a guys team...in the Barnwell Classic they had a team iont think it was varsity but still it made most of the people that were there laugh at their team((can we say down grading))...so i think that title needs to be changed....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mane, keep them broads off the field. I scared all the girls in my school away ... I told them if they came out that I would freakin wreck them. No shame in that...

[ February 28, 2005, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: Kyle Heise ]

throw in
throw in
let me say this, most of the time schools that are in the same district are rival schools, so why would a girl go to a rival school to play soccer for them, that would be like playign for the enemy, if a girl is good enough to play varsity boys soccer, let her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a girl got choosen to play for varsity guys and they start that means something. They have skill. Yes we are smaller but we can hold our grounds. I miss playing with the guys. I really enjoyed it.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard