Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
I'm A Wade Hampton H Soccer Player (Number 3 for people who we've played)

Wade Hampton going through 3 ranked teams this week

Edisto (10) 0 - 5 Wade Hampton H (8)
Silver Bluff (6) 1 - 5 Wade Hampton H (8)
Barnwell (4) 1 - 3 Wade Hampton (8)

I know they've updated the rankings and we're 6th but that was before the Barnwell game and we are currently ranked 6th.

Are we underated ?
What do you think ?

I want BE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Hadji, I think that you guys should be ranked higher in 2A. It would probably be better for your rankings if you played more upper state teams but I know that is hard to do seeing how you guys are so far out in the woods. Well good luck with the rankings and I will see you when we(Blackville) come to Wade Hampton Friday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah you guys have been playing well. It's gonna be a good game when we come down there Friday. We always make for a good show when we play each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what's the deepest you guys have gotten into the playoffs Prashant? in the past 4 years...3 games in? I remember a few years ago you guys had a 20 win season and didnt make it to lower state. maybe the "ranking committee" has picked up on this. #6 isn't right, but #4 wouldnt be either. the loss to Bluffton plays a role in that decision i'm sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well hopefully you guys will get BE. But i doubt you will want them after you have played them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GOOB speaks the truth

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
Well this is my second year on varsity, i only played one year of jv (im from out of the country) and i noticed that varsity teams of the past had more tougher opponents than we do now, many of the strong teams are slowly degressing rather than progressing. I KNOW BE is going to be a hard game, but the reason I said that is because i want to know where we stand in the state rather than rely on rankings. I'm pretty confident on our team's abilities and i'm sure that we will make it past the second round this year. We seem a lot better and more prepared, i mean its not a guarantee, everything is taken a step at a time and that's what we're doing.

hey GOOB do u play for a team? if so which team, have u played BE, or any of the other NICE ranked teams lol ? just curious lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goob was goal keeper for Dixie High last year.. We are ranked #3 in 1A

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
Nice ! Do you think Christ Church will be moving up to AA anytime soon ???? just wondering

i saw the new allignment possibilities and looks like AAA is the hot spot. If BE is forced to become AAA, i wouldnt want to ever become a AAA school. Emerald, Chapin, Hilton Head, man, thats like crazy !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have a friend from dixie high...we went to boys state together...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hadji, how do you know Emerald and BE could be moving up to AAA? If they both moved up that would leave AA soccer wide open. BE should be playing up but that is a whole other topic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah i went to boys state too.Where you from brokendevil and who is your friend?

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
I'm going to Boys State this year LOL, and Drave, according to the topic posted (i think it was by Kyle if i'm not mistaken) stated that Emerald was possibly moving up to AAA, nothing was said about Bishop England, but it was just a thought. Let me know here if you find out any other conspicuous information regarding this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yes i did see BE play Emerald in last years state title game. One of the best matches i have ever seen an overtime thriller. And BE is a very good team.

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
I have to admit, our team is not calm and the BEST passing team but we have a lot of heart (something you cant learn in a couple of days like a trick move lol) but yes, i wish i would have seen that game so that I know what's in store for us incase we manage to get to them.

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Hadji #3:
nothing was said about Bishop England, but it was just a thought. Let me know here if you find out any other conspicuous information regarding this.

This is off the top of my head..but there was a bit in that post about counting private school enrollement as 1 = 1.75 or something like that. Not sure what the numbers are for BE..I'd have to go back and read what exactly was said..but i'm pretty sure that's what they were saying.

Okay..not sure how credible the source is..but this is something to think about..

quote:
I've also heard that their's talk about going (back?) to the old model of counting students at private schools so that instead of a 1 to 1 they would instead be counted as 1.75 for every one? has anyone heard anything similar to that? It could just be people blowing smoke but it would definately have an impact on private schools playing in the SCHSL like Bishop England, Christ Church and Southside Christian.

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
so that means there's a possibility. hmmm, that makes me wonder what would happen to AA if all this went through

Barnwell loses 17 of their current 19 players
Wade Hampton loses 0
Emerald AAA
Bishop England AAA

only teams to watch out for are Pendleton and Waccamaw

Agree ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think my friends name was Dave? wait...i have his cell number but i can't remember his name...goob...i was in COOPER CITY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was in PEEDEE. And did you go this past year or the year before?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hadji, I understand the private school point of schools moving up, but how does Barnwell lose 17 players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barnwell has 17 Seniors this year. Thats crazy isn't it. One of Barnwell's players told me that in the Barnwell Classic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know most of those guys personally. We go to church together; they're a good group of guys. I'm pretty sure if you're nice to them and play a nice clean game, the same will be returned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was this past year do you know drew peters? i think he was in peedee?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all i know is my friend from dixie had webbed toes lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, #3, i'm sure u remember me, i'm the goalkeeper from Clover that destroyed ur dreams in the shootout at the Byrnes tournament. But, enough of that, yall are a good team, and i think yall could go pretty far, good luck with your season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what I wanna know is how in the heck did Dixie move ahead of Southside Christian in 1A?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PeeDee and Coooper were two of the worst cities at Boys' State! Playas and Troopers (LAME-O)... Cooper's banner was nice though. Edisto Outlaws ALL THE WAY! ED-IS-TO, U KNOOOOW!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
devil i went to boys state two years ago. But i believe your friends name is matt wilson.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCA, it might have something to do with your common opponent Woodruff. Your schedule has been considerably tougher, but without even taking into effect your losses what else would you expect?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whichiwhichi1213...we're talking abuot wade hampton from hampton, not greenville- goob i looked it up and i think his name was blake irwin and sexual "don't make me be your daddy" you're just mad because our couselors let us get away with everything...haha

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
whichiwhich, were u talking to me ? byrnes tourny ? is that the same as the barnwell tourny ? lol im confused, but yes according to what i have heard barnwell loses 17 players next year so obviously their jv will have to step up and take their place. in my opinion rankings dont matter because it depends on what opponents you play. you could play the easiest teams and have a 8 in 0 or whatever record. i think play offs tell everything

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no, whichiwichi just got confused with whhs in greenville, and yeah barnwell does have 17 seniors on their team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EHSDefender. The score of a game has no effect on the point system. It comes down to wins and losses. And we beat Woodruff and so did Dixie. Plus that game has no effect on 1A because Woodruff is in 2A.

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
thats ok devil, but u guys need to check out the rumors going around on the barnwell bamburg game,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think that Wade Hampton is overrated. They had to work hard to get to where they are. They play nice soccer. They have some players with some attitude issues but they can just be taken out game by game lmao

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to put you down any man, but beating us (a 10th ranked team) and Silver Bluff (a 9th ranked team) and then Barnwell (a 4th ranked team, that just got their @$$ handed to them by a 1A team, that wasn't even ranked).

Honestly, something isn't right here. I think alot of people haven't been on there game lately, I know (speaking for Edisto) that we weren't on our best game when we played yall (WHHS) and are definately looking forward to playing yall again.

But congrats on the winning streak, and good luck with the better ranking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cooper Troopers! Brokendevil, who are you? Oliver Lee?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dude...everybody knows catawba was the city to be in...and the NATS held it down like no other...i mean just look at the elections fellas....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCA,
what points system? and every game affects the way heise thinks about your team, no matter the classification. BE moved out of the #1 spot in 2A having not yet even played any team from 2A. that proves your classification point wrong. the week before they had one of the worst records in 2A, yet held on to the #1 spot, after playing a rough schedule. there is no "points system" if you haven't noticed yet. It's a subjective determination by one person. Even if you did want to base this solely on wins and losses, then they are ahead of you in that category as well. or do you want to yet again localize your "points system" to now just wins and losses against 1A schools? then you are 1-1 to their 2-0. Any way you look at this they re the legit #3 team in 1A, based on stats alone. no reason to complain about it, bc you guys match up somewhere down the road right? should be a good one to see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We play Wade Hampton tomorrow (3-18-05). From what I hear, they are not to be trifled with...but I love a good challenge.

Hadji! Je suis le numero 13! See ya then, good luck to you guys! (

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the nats may have gotten gov, but the feds controlled everything, house and senate. look at the website....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry buddy, but the reds won it. NATTY NAT YOU KNOW!!! Cooper Troopers rule. And if you've never tried dip, don't start or you'll puke in the community bathroom with everyone to hear, right brokendevil? lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edisto_Middie#11...Maybe You Should Know All The Facts About That Game First...Quite A Few Of Barnwell's Players Got Hurt...And That Was A Rough Game...So Know The Info B4 You Talk...K?...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I knew ALL of that...But that don't change the fact that a 4th In-State Ranked Team was getting beat by a team that didn't even rank. A team isn't based on just a few players.

P
kick off
kick off
P
Edisto Middle is so right.a tea is based on the whole team. If one person gets by the last defebder that could easily be the game, it takes everybody.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barnwell obvisously isnt that great They got beat 4-1 after they quit to Bamberg Varsity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and dont forget get about the killer D we got at whhs Matt Mally Sam Travis El and Lance give it up

P
kick off
kick off
P
yea Mally that has to be u!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard