Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
who are the top goal scorers in scisa this year?

hat-trick
hat-trick
ben lippen 1-0 Heathwood
Good game, Ben Lippen scores in 35th minute
Ben Lippen had the edge slightly on shots, but both teams played well offensively. Heathwood looked better second half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cn 4
hammond 0

goal
goal
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY! Can we please end this thread, just post your scores with everybody else!

goal
goal
There are no suprises in SCISA and no dissipointments, the same teams year in and year out are the teams that will be competing for it all.

hat-trick
hat-trick
that isn't true, the surpise is Wilson Hall, and the dissapointment is Porter Gaud, but I definately agree that this topic is getting old

MP Offline
goal kick
goal kick
Benp-
How exactly is PG a dissapointment? I really think that statement is unbased--PG has good wins over an excellent HHC team and is second in the region right now on the eve of a deciding match against PW. I have not seen any upstate team play other than CN, but I think it unwise to assume that BL and CN will definetly be meeting for the championship and to consider PG a dissapointment. PG usually starts 2 freshmen, 5 sophomores, 2 juniors, and only 2 seniors. They are right where they need to be.
If you are referring to PG's performance in the shadow of 10 state championships since 1991, then I would argue that the level of play in SCISA has gone up rather than PG going down. PG is 7-1 in the conference. They beat WH 3-1 in a preseason scrimmage. Granted, WH has improved dramatically. Yet so have Heathwood and Hammond. I would not label any team right now a dissapointment.
I am not usually one to stir the pot on such an exhausted topic, but I fail to see as a player just how PG is a dissapointment. PG has consistently been a regional and statewide contender and has in the past knocked off several public school powerhouses, most notably in the fabled matches against Dorman and Wando on the grassy plains of the Cage and Patriot's Point. PG has respect for every team they play as well as every SCISA team in the state.
I do not by any means imply that PG is a powerhouse or a dominant force in SCISA. From what I have heard BL, CN, Heathwood, Hammond, PW, and HHC all have a great shot at the title. PG has played every game with modesty and patience and has played very tough matches against great squads from BA, HHC, and PW. If, after doing so, they still appear to be a "dissapointment," then I respect that opinion. I just want to shed light upon a different perspective. Best of luck to all teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MP is right PG aint no dissapointment, there hasnt been enough upper/lower state play to say that any team is a dissapointment. PG has beaten quality teams and they are a good team. We will see who the dissapointments are in states this year.

hat-trick
hat-trick
ok, I don't think it was right to say that they are a dissapointment. Their record and rank made me say that, as they are not like the PG's of the past. But they have had a killer schedule thus far, so they are definately not out of it, and I don't think it is set that BL and CN will be in the championship, I was playing around, but it would be an incredible game to watch. I haven't seen any lowerstate teams play yet, so I shouldn't have labeled them dissapointing. But we shall see...come playoffs, we'll see what happens.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
this is getting dramatic!!

"we'll see what happens"

this is great stuff

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard