Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
Who are the surprises and disapointments so far in the early part of this season. I know it is early, but i would like to hear somme input.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disappointment = Eastside, I expected them to dominate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wilson hall beat ben lippen...i think it was wilson hall right?

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
yeh that's right

B
goal
goal
B
I think maybe the biggest surprise is the parity this year in SCISA, both North and South. Cardinal Newman remains the favorite with a senior dominated team, but only defeated Hammond by a 1-0 score. Apparently Pinewood is the class of the South region, but the other teams appear to be about equal.Your thought?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree it seems that with the closeness of the scores in the north and the south that every game is going to be a battle. There really are no easy games this year.

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
i think in both conferences the good teams have remained good, but the mediocre teams have improved and are begining to be able to challenge with the top teams

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
But some teams that seemed to do well last year are not doing so hot this year most notably OP who have not even won yet, so I have to say OP is a big disappointment I thought they would be big contender for the playoffs

E
throw in
throw in
E
I agree w/ Defender Dude. OP was decent last year...now to be honest, they're garbage

hat-trick
hat-trick
Did Op make the playoffs last year?

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Wilson Hall beat them in the last game in regular season to keep them from the playoffs

hat-trick
hat-trick
and wilson hall didn't make them either, right?

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
They were also one win away from the playoffs with the win over OP but it was too late for WIlson HAll

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we will see Pinewood continue to do well this year and go on to win the state championship

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
I agree with G14, Pinewood has a strong program, and I expect to see them go far in the state tournament

hat-trick
hat-trick
I would also have to assume that Pinewood will do well as usual, but as far as surprises, the success of Hammond, and Wilson Hall has impressed me so far. Hammond has a new coach I believe, (didn't he play for the Boco Juniors?) so it is impressive to see them off to such a good start in his first year.

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
i think it is surprising that the tides seem to be turning from lower state dominancce to more of an edge to upper state. this is seen with five out of the top six from the upper state which includes the top four from upper state as well. maybe it is too early to tell but maybe the lower state conference is beginning to even out with the upper state and, this year for the first time there are five or more legitiment teams in the upper state conference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what team do u play for carolina_midfielder11, no reason just wondering

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
why do you want to know, you think i am overly biast or something

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope just would like to know what team you play for thats all, dont think anyone is biast, just would like to know your team, thats all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think hammonds coach maybe adrian pinnasco , if thats him then yes im pretty sure he played for boca juniors

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
i participate on wilson hall's team and i am give credit where credit is due, no matter what team

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
does he coach at columbia soccer club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, hammonds coach is adrian pinasco because he also coached last year at beaufort academy

hat-trick
hat-trick
Portergaud must be having an off year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do you say that?

hat-trick
hat-trick
well, maybe they aren't. But if THEY think they are having a good or even an average PorterGaud year, then there is something wrong. The Porter Gaud that I'm used to is normally top 4 in Scisa and usually gets 16+ wins in a season.

hat-trick
hat-trick
since 98, portergaud has played in 4 state championships and won 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
o, wow, ok, thats kidna impressive. but i was just wondering, because we played them last year and this year and they didnt seem to change very much, but ive only played scisa for the two years so i have no prior knowledge of PG, but thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was the PG-BA played at PG or at BA

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
It was at PG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no, it was actually at BA

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Oh I was just looking at the schedule and i thought it said at PG i guess i just looked at the wrong game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then no wonder it was a close game, BA's field is absolutely terrible: no lines, very uneven, no grass(all weeds), and it is also the home to half the population of the gnats in the southeast

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no wonder it was a close game? are you kiddin me? are you really serious enough to blame an entire game on the field? if the field is soooo terrible, how come pinewood had no trouble scoring 3 goals (after only scoring 2 on their own field) while HHCA and PG were unable to find the back of the net for an entire game?? you need to be pretty pathetic to blame games on the field. a real soccer player can play on anything. ill admit BA's field is very lacking, but to blame an entire game's turnout is ridiculous.

B
goal
goal
B
Sweeper is correct on this one. Field may not be in good shape, however, it's the same field for both teams.

Eagle's also correct, huge gnat population.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the gnats are the WORST in beaufort than anywhere else in SC, ill agree with that one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea your, good point, didnt think about that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does heathwood hall play hhc on saturday the 16th, just heard that and didnt know if it was right, it probaly isn't but i would just like to know for sure.

B
goal
goal
B
http://www.theitem.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050412/SPORTS01/104120061

For you, Benp. I know you will be happy when Wilson Hall is put into their rightful place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who the hell have they played anyways; besides BL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Benp, looks like WH finally found out that they cant run with the big boys in SCISA! Now they have to play Heathwood who should have beaten CN yesterday, have fun with that one! Might get ugly

hat-trick
hat-trick
yes, it might, but Wilson hall is certainly a much improved team this year. Also, it was surprising to hear from a cardinal Newman player that the hh cn game (0-0 at half then cancelled) was an even game skill wise, I thought it would be similar to the BL HH game. This Friday is the big game for Ben Lippen and Cardinal Newman. Last year Ben Lippen beat them at their place which is rare, so maybe we'll see a repeat.

B
goal
goal
B
Thanks for the positive comments there Benp. Coach O'Hare has really struggled to build WH's program up to anywhere close to a decent level. As you probably know WH won last year's SCISA championship in baseball and track . So the competition for athletes is tough when facing 2 established and successful other spring programs.

hat-trick
hat-trick
yeah, i know what you mean. Good luck to the baseball team, maybe they will slip one by us and our amazing pitching staff like ya'll did in soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOW, in the world did wilson hall get heathwood hall into pks? I thought Heathwood would have destroyed Wilson hall I predicted at least 3-0 HH. Heathwood ends up winning 2-1 in pks over wilson hall, but still what was the game re-cap and what happened?

B
goal
goal
B
Tied at 1-1 at half. No score by either team in 2nd half or 2 ots. HH 4-2 in pks. Shots WH 7 HH 6.Sounds like a pretty even game to me.

B
goal
goal
B
Interesting year in SCISA upstate this year.

I'm sure Bdad will post link to the item article about the game soon.

coach
coach
Yeah, lets read the 'Item' article. I think it is Bdad11's cousin who covers soccer for the 'Item'.

B
goal
goal
B
Regardless, it's good to see coverage.

B
goal
goal
B
With April 15 approaching , I couldn't afford to pay a reporter to come out for this game. Awaiting Benp's analysis. I guarantee you he knows the scoop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big games involving rivalries with Cardinal Newman at Benlippen 7:00 and Heathwood and Hammond time didn't have time to look it up and don't know where

B
goal
goal
B
Making any predictions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heathwood over hammond 3-1, can't make any predictions with Cardinal Newman vs Ben Lippen because i play on the team, i would be biased

B
goal
goal
B
I might come watch the BL-CN game. What number are you I KICK BAllS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I play on BL the rest is hush hush because if everyone would knew who i was i would be comfronted by people who i would rather not meet in real life but rather on the net

B
goal
goal
B
In regard to Bear's post about it being interesting in the north region.I can tell Pinewood is laying low, flying under the radar, but getting ready to make a serious run at the championship. Barring a major upset, Pinewood seems to be the team to beat down south, while the North is currently chaotic. Tonight , the two clashes in the upstate could help sort things out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a Question. Who do you condsider to be the best at defense, mid-feild, forward, and Goalie postion out of all the scisa teams? After observing the teams played by the school team you support.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BDad11 is right almost EVERY game between very good team has be cancelled or posponed due to the weather and no one can really tell who is at the top of their game

hat-trick
hat-trick
well, hopefully this will sort things out. lol
BL 0-0 CN (cn wins in pks 4-2)
shots: BL 7-4 CN
not a typical cardinal newman ben lippen game
My take:
Evenly matched game, first half was mostly played in the midfield, but the second was all CN for the first 10, then BL took over for 20, then the last 10 were even as well as overtime. Both teams looked equally strong, and the next game will be won on pure desire. Because if both teams are on, then it will be another nail biter. The refs seemed excellent from my (referee) perspective.

B
goal
goal
B
Bdad, not necessarily a matter of laying low, just scheduling. Pinewood just hasn't played much of their region schedule. Region play starts Monday.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
I would say that BL should have won the Game. They had about three shots on an open goal that a defender cleared out, but if you don't finish then you don't deserve to win.

The problem that BL has now is that CN may have locked the region up, even if they beat them at CN someone else has to beat CN because BL lost to Wilson Hall, not to slam the other teams but that seems to be the picture right now.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Count Zero, you are exactly right. But with the way things have gone so far in the upperstate. I would say that there is a good chance that CN will pick up a loss to either hammond heathwood and wilson hall. They especially have it tough with heathwood, because if we beat them at their place. Then they must play 2 overtime periods and pks if necessary in order to determine the winner of the first game between heathwood and CN.

G
throw in
throw in
G
Yaw were kinda talkin some smack about WH but they arnt a bad team and scisa is a tougher confrence than most and they have a girl on their team and shes pretty friggin hott

hat-trick
hat-trick
I know they have had girls in the past, but i didn't notice one this year. And I usually notice girls, especially if they are hot. Is there any chance they will be fielding a girls team in the future bdad11?

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
no i dont believe WH will be

hat-trick
hat-trick
will be what?

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
fielding a girls team

C
throw in
throw in
C
anyone have a response to I_KICK_BALLS?
who do you think has the best mids, defense, and fowards in SCISA...i'd be interested to know

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what i can not understand is that Wilson Hall seems to do really good against some of the top SCISA teams but when they play lower teams like Thomas Sumter they(WH)win with a score of only 2-1 some please explain

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
if you are talking about the gator classic then the only reason wilson hall did not beat thomas sumter worse is because the field was rediculously small, terrible quality, and tsa packed the majority of their players on defense. lakewood was definitly the second best team there but wilson hall had no problems with them in the championship either.and the scoer of the thomas sumter game was 1-0 not 2-1. It is doubtful that thomas sumter could make a serious run or even a goal on wilson hall's much improved and improving defense and goalie.thanks

B
goal
goal
B
I Kick Balls, one other point concerning the WH/TSA match was the halves were only 25 minutes long. That being said, I don't think it is disrespectful to the WH players to acknowledge they are a blue collar team and have done what they have done with hustle and grit. When they let down that makes things tough on them to knock a lesser team out of the game. hence, their tendancy to play to the level of the competition.

Any recap on the Hammond Heathwood game. I am a little surprised at that result. Any comments?

G
throw in
throw in
G
carolina_midfielder11 has a good point. We played on that field and it was terrible. It was very small and had sprinkler head in the middle of the field and freakin beaches of fill sand in random places. On throwins the people makin the throw would have to stop and pick all the sand spurs out of the ball. It was bad but the other team had to play on it too so it shouldnt have made that much of a difference in their scoring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since we now got the Wilson Hall game issue settled, what about BDad11's question about the recap of the Hammond and Heathwood Game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for those interested in how the eastern region is going to look porter gaud and pinewood are playing on monday. not only is this possibly the strongest rivalry in SCISA, but is for 1st place in the region.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i disagree the 2 biggest rivalries that i know are CN vs BL and Hammond vs Heathwood Hall. And that region II of SCISA only has the 2 teams who are or could be good enough to compair to some of the top other 5 SCISA teams. I also say pinewood would win hands down with a complete sweep of the game 3-0 or 2-0. yea its probably a very big game for that region

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how can you so that region II has only two teams that are or could be be good enough to compair to Region I. Have you seen every team in Region II play? Becuase i bet BA and HHC can play with if not beat 3 out of those 5 top teams from up north.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who would they beat then

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
PLease doesn't somebody know about what happened at the Hammond vs Heathwood game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone?

hat-trick
hat-trick
I was told by the referee of the match that the game was 1-0 heathwood at halftime, then hammond turned it on and should have had 5 goals in the second half, overall, hammond looked much much better than heathwood.

B
goal
goal
B
I wonder if it was a matter of maybe Heathwood running out of gas a little in the second half.The night before they had to travel to Sumter to play against Wilson Hall. That game was hotly contested , going to pks. Then Heathwood had to make the long bus ride back across the swamp, probably getting home around 10 or 10:30.

You have got to hand it Coach Pinasco and Hammond. They have played very well all year. They have several young kids who though give up speed and size, are skilled with the ball and play well together. Hammond is a good team quite capable of beating anybody.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
i think heathwood and Wilson Hall are going to give Hammond a run for their money the next time they meet, determined by their previous defeats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To answer your question I_KICK_BALLS, HHC and BA could play with
Heathwood, Hammond, Wilson Hall

Goal
Goal
How is Heathwood and Hammond? A couple of folks in my office have kids that go there (Heathwood - girls & Hammond - boys). What public schools are their teams comparable to?

C
bench
bench
C
Well, HHES plays BC tommorrow so that should be a good test

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at the Porter-Gaud and Pinewood game today?

MP Offline
goal kick
goal kick
PG 1 : 3 PW
PW scored in the first minute or so and then PG countered a minute later off a cross across the box on the ground. The first half continued with both teams exchanging numerous runs at the goal. With about 5 minutes to go, a PW player was tripped up in the box and recieved a PK. PW converted on the PK with a nice shot from keeper Spearman. With about 1 or 2 minutes to go in the half, PW went up 3-1 off of a cross that was tipped in. PG came out strong in the second half and missed several scoring chances late in the half to equalize. The game was very physical from the onset. I think about 3 or 4 yellows were handed out in all. I must say that although not an excuse at all for the outcome of the game, the reffing was not consistent for either side, and I don't believe I've seen such inconsistency all season. However, this has always been an intense rivalry and will always be physical yet well-spirited. Good luck to PW and we look forward to the second meeting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks MP, now what is the deal with the situation about the Cardinal Newman and Heathwood game, ended at half with score 0-0 do to weather. What are they going to do about that, they can't end it in a tie. Will Cardinal Newman be given a loss for refusing to go into PK's with Heathwood?(most of the SCISA teams that i've heard from see the refusing as a forfeit)

C
bench
bench
C
I hope not. That would be a crummy way to end a good game. I would like to see them take PKs after the end of their next game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ben Lippen vs Orangeburg Prep, Hammond vs.Camden Military, Cardinal Newman vs. Wilson Hall, Heathwood Hall vs. Brookland-Cayce. Any perdictions for these games especailly the CN&WH, and the HH&BC?

hat-trick
hat-trick
IKickballs, for like the tenth time (I think I probably told you in person too. Because the game continued all the way until halftime, it is considered complete. Therefore The Cardinal Newman-Heathwood game will be continued (in overtime followed by pks if necessary) following their next meeting at Heathwood.

B
goal
goal
B
MP,

Good recap. Well contested match. I believe there were 3 yellows, one to PG for what appeared by the ref's indication to be an overly aggressive challenge on a head ball. He looked to be demonstrating the raised elbow. I beleive the 2 Pinewood yellows were either for language or dissent. Indicative of the aforementioned inconsistencies. The referees tend to have a more difficult time in a physical rivalry match.

#9 had a very good match. Clearly the anchor of the back line. Good luck to you also, and see you again next week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since most of every SCISA team, expect between region I and II teams, has played each other. Who do you condsider to be the best a the positions Mid-field, Defense, Forward, any other position, and Goalie. It doesn't matter what team, they could be from different teams, I just want to hear your opinions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha!! to all the critics about the cardinal newman vs. wilson hall say that cardinal newman would destory wilson hall, but it went into PK's! Adidassoccer also wrote saying the same as I had said before, their defense just goes into defense packing the goal so it's almost imposible to make goals. Still it's so great to see that cardinal newman's boasting is now flushed down the tolilet. The way it seems is CN is so happy to be good at PK's and, because thats the way they were able to win in the last 2 games. [Smile]

hat-trick
hat-trick
I haven't heard a CN player boasting, but I have heard plenty of others talking them up. It would have been nice to see CN lose, in order to help BL win region.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems that people don't like my post, saying that they are bad, so i am going to take a vale of silence and not post for a while.

B
goal
goal
B
Good game between CN and WH. CN had the better of the play and possession without question, but most of their shots were long range and fairly easily stopped by the keeper.I think you are missing the point just a little about Wilson Hall's style of play. When they have the talent advantage, they press forward and push numbers up,however quite frankly CN more experienced, bigger, and quicker than WH. Wh did what they did from necessity , not from a planned strategy.

From what I've seen CN and Pinewood are the leading contenders for the big prize. Ben Lippen is right there also and the only reason I list CN ahead is because BL will most likey have to play Pinewood in the semis, then CN in the finals. Hammond is also making a push to enter the picture, along with PG and HHC. The team I like so much HH has struggled just a little, but has talent and coaching.My Barons, I guess we'll just putt along, packing it in on D.

hat-trick
hat-trick
ok, I was wondering, because, though BL lost to CN, Ben Lippen looked like the better team. But I know that it will be a tougher road for BL unless CN helps them out a little.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Hopefullly Heathwood will beat them in the continuance of there pevious game and mabye in the regular game before that and you never know Hammond Wilson Hall Ben Lippen all have another shot at them too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On my earlier post i said the shots were 16-1....they were actually 26-3, my bad

B
goal
goal
B
The shot totals are a little misleading on the WH/CN game.I cannot remember many shots from CN taken inside the 18. Most were long shots that the keeper had plenty of time to react to or long floaters that he gobbled up. That being said, Cardinal Newman certainly dominated play. I was impressed with their ability and believe they will be difficult to keep from going all the way. With 11 seniors/7 senior starters, this should be their year.

Also, was interesting to watch the two #5's battle it out in central midfield. Spirited, but clean play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where is the state championship game this year? Is it at Heathwood again or is it at Porter Guad or is it somewhere else?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Porter Gaud i believe. I think it switches every year, but that would suck to have CN and BL go all the way down there. Even though they have a nice complex.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
their track is too close to the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea thats too bad since BL and CN already made it to the championship game, right benp?

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
i guess they just decided to skip playoffs this year and let Cardinal Newman and Ben Lippen have a chance as if no one could ever possibly upset them or pinewood win like 8-1 in a game vs Ben Lippen, that would never happen!!

hat-trick
hat-trick
since it has never happened in the past. The odds are against it.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
obviously i was just throwin a score out there not from what happened in the past of course not, just predictin

by the way what was the score of the championship game last year i'm just wonderin because i forgot and i heard it was a pretty close game

C
throw in
throw in
C
Defender Dude,
you play for WILSON HALL!!! when have yall been to the state championship??? BL has been there the past 3 years, that says something

hat-trick
hat-trick
i think it was pinewood 2-1 ben lippen in overtime...thats what i heard. But i wasn't there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wilson hall vs. cardinal newman-
cardinal newman was a very good team with probably unmatched skill in scisa. the only thing they lack is finishing. cardinal newman had more play in the game and many more shots but cardinal newman could not finish. wilson hall's midfield and defense played a tough game and didnt allow cardinal newman any really good shots. what decent shots cardinal newman did have were saved my wilson hall's very reliable goalie. wilson hall just has to finish these top teams off by making pk's at the end. i also think it is about time wilson hall starts getting some respect and recognition. maybe they aren't as skilled as bl and cn but they ALWAYS seem to play a close, competative game with the top teams. Wilson Hall beat Ben Lippen in pk's the first game of the year on route to a 7-0 record and a #3 ranking.they then played poorly against hammond and lost 3-1 then lost to heatwood in pk's. then they won the gator classic(a little lacking in quality competition) with out much trouble. then on tuesday they lost to cn(the only undefeated team in scisa play) in pk's.Based on these results i think it's time for wilson hall to get some recognition.After all, they are 11-3

p.s. i think wilson hall's goalie should get a serious look at for all-conference goalie along with another player or two. might now happen for preston kight, the goalie, because of the conference rankings but he is extremely solid and has kept them in games all year long and has only given up 6 goals in 13 games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cm15-90min are you still bitter becuase yall lost 8 to 1 in last years State Championship game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I broken my silence to say. . . doesn't Wilson Hall's Goalie need to thank the people on defence? From what i've seen and heard is that the goalie doesn't really get shots straight at him because of the many people that surrond the goal, this strategy has proven really effective against good teams. But doesn't he gets mostly high balls all the time? I don't consider him to be better then CN Goalie, BL Goalie, or PW Goalie i've seen all three, and their what i consider real good and solid most days.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Eagle Forward, until you play in a state championship, please don't try to make fun of the teams that have. Especially when you lost to us 3-0 the game before. Also, Ben Lippen had nocked out Pinewood both of the previous years, I think we all know that that pinewood team was insane, and though it could have been a closer game, the better team won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you even talking about benp? How was i making fun of Ben Lippen? AND did i mention anything about last years game between HHC and BL? NO! All i said was that cm15-90min must still be bitter from last years SC game, because i know for sure that i would be. Not playing up to your standards in such a big game. That would definently make me a little bitter. And yes Pinewood was a very good team last year but wasnt BL a very good team too?

hat-trick
hat-trick
ok, the post was directed towards everyone still talking about the loss in state. I may have taken it out of perspective, but I took offense, because it is behind BL and they plan to make up for it this year. Yes they were good last year, but that pinewood team seemed a bit out of ordinary...I wish that there would be more play between lowerstate/upperstate during the season/tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm supprised every person so far in the Big Games tonight (4/22) section picked Heathwood over Hammond even though Hammon beat Heathwood 3-1. Does anyone else agree with this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was the outcome of the Heathwood-Hammond game?

hat-trick
hat-trick
1-1 heathwood in pks
shots seemed close to even (didn't have a pad so i don't know for sure) pretty good refs, hammond coach and hammond forward both got cards. Hammonds keeper had a great save in overtime to take it to pks, i thought he deserved to win for that. Both goals were quality shots, nothing crappy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of now, how do the playoff seedings look for the upperstate region?

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Wilson Hall probably needs to beat Heathwood and TSA mabye pull something off against Cardinal Newman and Ben lippen but Heathwood has to lose to Cardinal Newman twice and Ben Lippen twice its gonna be close for the fourth spot

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
and Hammond, Cardinal Newman, and Ben Lippen are in the clear i think

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the projected seedings as of now look like this??
1. CN
2. BL
3. Ham.
4. HH/WH

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
yeah

hat-trick
hat-trick
I think we can safely say that it will be
1 CN/Ben Lippen
2 CN/Ben Lippen
3 Hammond/heathwood
4 Hammond/heathwood

number one will be close because CN will have to beat ben lippen, and heathwood (twice in one night) and Hammond. So there is a good chance they could lose 2 of those, and there is a chance Ben Lippen will not lose anymore. 3rd is close because heathwood could possibly beat CN at least once next time they meet, giving them a win Hammond will probably not have, and they split with hammond.

hat-trick
hat-trick
upperstate is much more intense than usual, due to the close scores, this is the first time I ever remember their being 4 teams with legitimate chance at making it to state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is the rest fo the schedule for hammond and hhes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any opinions on the lower state seedings...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lower State(as of 4/22)
1. Pinewood
2. Porter Guad
3. Hilton Head Chirstian
4. Beaufort Acad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
benp, what about wilson hall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
eagle forward, i heard that pinewood and HHC game would have to be finished if it came down to deciding HHC and BA's placement in the playoffs. 3rd and 4th seed. not sure though. maybe someone from HHC would know more?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea it it came down to that, but otherwise it will end as a tie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does PG play Pinewood again, if they already havent played twice

hat-trick
hat-trick
I think, wilson halls only win vs the 4 teams that will make it was against ben lippen. They will need more than that to make the playoffs won't they. If heathwood only gets there 1 win vs. hammond, then they have beaten wh twice and therefore WH will lose due to head to head records. (correct me if I'm wrong)

B
goal
goal
B
Pinewood plays PG on Thursday, 28 Apr.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at pinewood or at porter guad

B
goal
goal
B
Pinewood.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any early predictions for the BL vs. Heathwood and Hammond vs CN tomorrow?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL-2 HH-0 and CN-3 H-0, thats my prediction

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
who are the top goal scorers in scisa this year?

hat-trick
hat-trick
ben lippen 1-0 Heathwood
Good game, Ben Lippen scores in 35th minute
Ben Lippen had the edge slightly on shots, but both teams played well offensively. Heathwood looked better second half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cn 4
hammond 0

goal
goal
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY! Can we please end this thread, just post your scores with everybody else!

goal
goal
There are no suprises in SCISA and no dissipointments, the same teams year in and year out are the teams that will be competing for it all.

hat-trick
hat-trick
that isn't true, the surpise is Wilson Hall, and the dissapointment is Porter Gaud, but I definately agree that this topic is getting old

MP Offline
goal kick
goal kick
Benp-
How exactly is PG a dissapointment? I really think that statement is unbased--PG has good wins over an excellent HHC team and is second in the region right now on the eve of a deciding match against PW. I have not seen any upstate team play other than CN, but I think it unwise to assume that BL and CN will definetly be meeting for the championship and to consider PG a dissapointment. PG usually starts 2 freshmen, 5 sophomores, 2 juniors, and only 2 seniors. They are right where they need to be.
If you are referring to PG's performance in the shadow of 10 state championships since 1991, then I would argue that the level of play in SCISA has gone up rather than PG going down. PG is 7-1 in the conference. They beat WH 3-1 in a preseason scrimmage. Granted, WH has improved dramatically. Yet so have Heathwood and Hammond. I would not label any team right now a dissapointment.
I am not usually one to stir the pot on such an exhausted topic, but I fail to see as a player just how PG is a dissapointment. PG has consistently been a regional and statewide contender and has in the past knocked off several public school powerhouses, most notably in the fabled matches against Dorman and Wando on the grassy plains of the Cage and Patriot's Point. PG has respect for every team they play as well as every SCISA team in the state.
I do not by any means imply that PG is a powerhouse or a dominant force in SCISA. From what I have heard BL, CN, Heathwood, Hammond, PW, and HHC all have a great shot at the title. PG has played every game with modesty and patience and has played very tough matches against great squads from BA, HHC, and PW. If, after doing so, they still appear to be a "dissapointment," then I respect that opinion. I just want to shed light upon a different perspective. Best of luck to all teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MP is right PG aint no dissapointment, there hasnt been enough upper/lower state play to say that any team is a dissapointment. PG has beaten quality teams and they are a good team. We will see who the dissapointments are in states this year.

hat-trick
hat-trick
ok, I don't think it was right to say that they are a dissapointment. Their record and rank made me say that, as they are not like the PG's of the past. But they have had a killer schedule thus far, so they are definately not out of it, and I don't think it is set that BL and CN will be in the championship, I was playing around, but it would be an incredible game to watch. I haven't seen any lowerstate teams play yet, so I shouldn't have labeled them dissapointing. But we shall see...come playoffs, we'll see what happens.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
this is getting dramatic!!

"we'll see what happens"

this is great stuff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea there is no doubt that states will be competative and i cant wait for it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what number are you eagle forward

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
this topic has been going steadily all year and as my first post i would like to recognize my 11 page, 158 responses

coach
coach
Congrats cockmidfielder!
Great job!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard