Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
hat-trick
hat-trick
I was told by the referee of the match that the game was 1-0 heathwood at halftime, then hammond turned it on and should have had 5 goals in the second half, overall, hammond looked much much better than heathwood.

B
goal
goal
B
I wonder if it was a matter of maybe Heathwood running out of gas a little in the second half.The night before they had to travel to Sumter to play against Wilson Hall. That game was hotly contested , going to pks. Then Heathwood had to make the long bus ride back across the swamp, probably getting home around 10 or 10:30.

You have got to hand it Coach Pinasco and Hammond. They have played very well all year. They have several young kids who though give up speed and size, are skilled with the ball and play well together. Hammond is a good team quite capable of beating anybody.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
i think heathwood and Wilson Hall are going to give Hammond a run for their money the next time they meet, determined by their previous defeats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To answer your question I_KICK_BALLS, HHC and BA could play with
Heathwood, Hammond, Wilson Hall

Goal
Goal
How is Heathwood and Hammond? A couple of folks in my office have kids that go there (Heathwood - girls & Hammond - boys). What public schools are their teams comparable to?

C
bench
bench
C
Well, HHES plays BC tommorrow so that should be a good test

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at the Porter-Gaud and Pinewood game today?

MP Offline
goal kick
goal kick
PG 1 : 3 PW
PW scored in the first minute or so and then PG countered a minute later off a cross across the box on the ground. The first half continued with both teams exchanging numerous runs at the goal. With about 5 minutes to go, a PW player was tripped up in the box and recieved a PK. PW converted on the PK with a nice shot from keeper Spearman. With about 1 or 2 minutes to go in the half, PW went up 3-1 off of a cross that was tipped in. PG came out strong in the second half and missed several scoring chances late in the half to equalize. The game was very physical from the onset. I think about 3 or 4 yellows were handed out in all. I must say that although not an excuse at all for the outcome of the game, the reffing was not consistent for either side, and I don't believe I've seen such inconsistency all season. However, this has always been an intense rivalry and will always be physical yet well-spirited. Good luck to PW and we look forward to the second meeting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks MP, now what is the deal with the situation about the Cardinal Newman and Heathwood game, ended at half with score 0-0 do to weather. What are they going to do about that, they can't end it in a tie. Will Cardinal Newman be given a loss for refusing to go into PK's with Heathwood?(most of the SCISA teams that i've heard from see the refusing as a forfeit)

C
bench
bench
C
I hope not. That would be a crummy way to end a good game. I would like to see them take PKs after the end of their next game

Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard