Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any teams that anyone played that their record wasnt all that great but they played almost hard enough to beat a better team that is almost destined to make the playoffs. Is there any sleeper teams that could make some noise after spring break? Who has the best chance of being knocked off early in the playoffs?

brace
brace
It's about time that some came along and created a thread that is not the same old stuff. The threads and posts have gotten stale lately. Way to go Hate!

brace
brace
Let me make some upstate comments. In 3A, the traditional powers are still strong, but they have the potential to cancel each other out in the playoffs and the strongest team, Eastside, has not always looked as sharp as it can be. Still wide open IMO. The lowerstate looks to be stonger than what everyone thought as well. Dreher and North Myrtle are strong and can easily contend with upstate teams

In 4A, the upstate has gone from a longshot to a strong contender with the likes of Northwestern, SA, and others. Irmo, Wando, and other will still be in it, but it appears to be much more even then it did pre-season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After watching BC and Airport last night I would say both of those should fare well after spring break....

Irmo always plays strong after the break......But the team that will be the hottest will be South Aiken.....With the play Jamal had on his Region III trip he is in great form and sure to give a "spark" to South Aiken....Just my ideas

B
goal
goal
B
I was told by a top 4A coach that for the past several years South Aiken has been the most talented team he played and that includes Irmo. However SA has lacked leadership and experience which has kept them from achieving all they can.With added maturity maybe this is their year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you seen them play Bdad11....Goose is a mature keeper that will hold them together....

Plus throw in the Gulick(sp) kid and they have the leadership,,,,,

coach
coach
It ain't fair! they have at least 4 who played with old Aiken Fire championship teams!

B
goal
goal
B
I have never seen them play. I do believe this could be their year. They also have a very solid team oriented player in Branson Hyatt. Branson is very good at distributing the ball and is a player anyone would like to have.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
4A- I think any of the top 4 teams will win. South Aiken does seem to lack leadership at times which may hurt them in the long run. Northwestern looks really good but Irmo seems to always step up their game when needed (playoffs). Should be interesting but I have to give it to Irmo.

3A- I think Socastee and Chapin are my dark horses. The only reason I say Chapin is because even though they have lost most of their games, they are playing top 15 4A schools and only loosing by 1 or 2 goals. I just think they are a team not to take lightly. I think N. Myrtle will win it though.

2A- My only dark horse would be Wade Hampton. My choice would be Emerald. I also think a lot of teams are over rated in 2A.

1A- Kinda hard to have dark horses when Christ Church and AM are their. I think Dixie might be a strong team. Should be a good game against SCS in playoffs. For lowerstate it ALL depends on the seeding. If you are 4th seed you might want to call it a year since you'll be playing AM. By the way does anyone else think Lincoln is over rated. But in the end I think it will be AM

J
Brace
Brace
J
I heard from a couple of people that attended the Irmo SA game, that if Irmo would not have been down a man for 75 minutes or so, they believe that Irmo would have won the game. I hope that SA and Irmo make it to the State Championship game so they can have a rematch! That would be one heck of a game. I have to go with Irmo having a good push after spring break. They don't participate in a spring break tourny, so they are always well rested going into the final part of the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't shut out anyone that plays AM because anyone can beat them. ONE slip up could cause them to be gone. Thats all it takes and it isn't that rare of a thing either.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I'm not shutting anyone out that plays AM, the only thing is, is that if AM slips that's only half the battle. They have to slip and the opposing team has to have their best game of the year.

On a side note, if AM beats Lincoln by a good bit, Lincoln should be knocked out of the top 5. Should be interesting as to who gets the 5th spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Hilton Head and Summerville could upset some teams! I think Irmo will fall, South Aiken will go to the championship, and Northwestern will do well. Looking to me like the upperstate might take home the hardware this year for 4A ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that Blackville-Hilda will be primed for a late season push because we have been playing pretty good as of late and i hope that it will continue. Keep it up to all my fellow Hawks out there. 2005 is the YEAR OF THE HAWK!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard