Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#24786 03/29/05 02:37 AM
S
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
S
Does anyone wonder about the rankings this week. Especially 1A.... I know CC is probably the #1 seed but how are they ranked #1 with the record they have showing? How is Dixie not ranked, and how did Ware Shoals get into the top 5?? I figured Lincoln would be knocked out b/c of their schedule but some of this is unexplaineable in my opinion.

What do you think???

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Past history and strength of schedule my friend.

World Cup
World Cup
Previously unranked Ware Shoals defeated Dixie 3-1 last week in Due West. Ware Shoals' opponents are 64-60, while Dixie's foes are 51-82.

The Governor's School moved into the rankings this week with a six game winning streak and wins vs. a couple of 3A teams, a 2A squad, and three 1A teams.

Teams ranked 1-3 of Christ Church, Academic Magnet, and Southside Christian don't need any further explanation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the hell happened to 2A?

Barnwell went from 4th to not even being ranked!

Walhala went from 7th to 3rd!

Wade Hampton went from 6th to 4th!

And Saluda/Andrew Jackson came from not even being ranked to, 8th and 7th.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Lemme see if I can handle this one..

Barnwell.. 3 losses in a row.. to Wade Hampton(at the time #6), Bamberg, and #10 Silver Bluff

Walhalla.. 5 wins out of the last 6 ..loss being 3-1 to 3A #10 Seneca

Wade Hampton.. 6 wins in a row.. 3 of them against ranked 2A teams

Saluda.. won 7 out of last 8

AJ 7 wins in a row

Lastly, ..relax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
edisto has won there last 5 games. still the same rank, i just don't understand how these 2 teams jump infront of us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah Kyle pretty much summed up the 1A ranking decisions. What about Blackville-Hilda though? What happened to them? And for 2A, I do agree with Edisto_Striker#8 that they should've been moved up a little bit. My only guess is that strength of schedule comes into play there.

World Cup
World Cup
L-E Dude, well thought out and stated!

brace
brace
The thing to keep in mind is that although the rankings can sometimes be confusing to figure out, they really don't mean a whole heck of a lot during the season. You get to playoffs according to region record, not rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well DCA6767 ill tell you what happened to Blackville-hilda, we had some bad losses and we dont have the strongest schedule in the world either. Now 6-3 is usually a pretty good record sometimes depending upon who you are. Hopefully we can make a run deep into April and possibly May. Two of our losses came from ranked 2a opponents(Wade Hampton(H) and Silver Bluff) and our other came from a game where we came out flat and loss to a descent Bamberg team. Now we play Wade Hampton and Bamberg again, but we cant avenge our loss to Silver Bluff so that sucks.

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Edisto_Striker#8:
edisto has won there last 5 games. still the same rank, i just don't understand how these 2 teams jump infront of us.

I admit a limited knowledge of 2A/1A soccer.. but.. from what I see only one of Edisto's 5 wins was against a ranked team #10 Silver Bluff

Saluda's results come against schools I've actually heard of or played..

AJ..I've played..their wins are against decent competition that i've heard of or played..and they have a history of being a solid 2A school (were a perennial top 5 for a while if i'm not mistaken)

Again..I don't know much about 2A..but I'm sure Heise does..and ultimately CornerFlag is right.. the rankings really don't have anything to do with your season and/or your results.. I'd just be focused on that region record..and the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well im still a little confused i mean everyone knows dixie deserves a spot in the top 5 in 1A. They played Ware Shoals in horrible conditions and we got droped out of 2A and haven't even been beatin by a 2A school. I mean we don't have any of the ranked 2A teams in our schedual but i don't think we deserved to drop all the way out of the top 10.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Dixie isn't necessarily out of the top ten, for 1A, only the top five are listed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I said top 5 and im not from Dixie i was just giving them some credit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L-E how bout lay off? I was just saying that its screwed up some of things they were doing on there...

T
bench
bench
T
Where is the cage?

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
BCs field/stadium that is really small and hard to play on because its so small.

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Edisto_Middie#11:
L-E how bout lay off? I was just saying that its screwed up some of things they were doing on there...

..but..it isn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alright then explain how come 2 non-ranking teams went straight through 8th and 7th, while 2 already ranking teams are still held back at 9th and 10th.

J
world cup
world cup
J
In all honesty.. I whole-heartedly believe you guys are victims of a twisted conspiracy.. burn Heise at the stake!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for proving my point that you can't prove yours.

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Edisto_Middie#11:
Thank you for proving my point that you can't prove yours.

..you got me..

Silver Bluff(#10)

3 wins last week

6-4 against (4-3)Barnwell who dropped 3 matches in a row that week..the only ranked team Silver Bluff played

4-1 against a (1-5) Jasper County (who is in a seven way tie for 140th from 93' to 04'..list only goes to 141)

5-0 against a (0-8) Wagner-Salley who has scored 4 goals so far this season..and given up 37..with only 3 ranked teams on their schedule

Edisto (#9)

13-1 against (0-7) Swansea (IMPRESSIVE!)

7-1 against (4-4) OW ..two of OW's wins were Forfeits and two were against Wagner-Salley..both 1-0

5-2 win against (8-2) #10 Silver Bluff ..so it IS fair that you're ahead of them..

3-0 against Jasper County who is in a seven way tie for 140th from 93 to 04..list only goes to 141) ..just pasting this again incase you missed it the first time

Andrew Jackson (#7)
(who was state runner-up in 94' against Bishop England)..so..they have a history of being good.

7 game winning streak.. notable wins..

2-1 PK win against 4A (5-6) Lancaster at Lancaster ..3 of Lancasters losses are 1-2 against 3A York..7-0 against #1 in 4A Northwestern and a 3-0 loss to 4A #6 Fort Mill

4-1 against a rebuilding Buford..who was last years 2A State Runner-up

2-1 against (3-5) Cheraw who has lost to 3A (6-3) Wilson and #4 1A (8-2) Gov. School..

Saluda (#8)

..they're just as bad as Edisto and Silver Bluff..so let's just call it a three way tie for 10th..

Was that thorough enough?

I could continue..but my Astronomy class is just about over..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Middie, why bicker about the bottom half of 2A rankings. In my opinion, Kyle should just release a top 5 for 2A boys, and maybe use that extra time to expand the 1A list as it has proven to be much more competitive this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a few corrections Jack: York is in region III 4A this year, Buford was the 1A State runner-up, and Bishop England was the 2A State Runner-up.

AJ does have an impressive history, and owns a piece of SC Soccer History. The all time leading scorer in SC Soccer history, Kyle Izzard, is from AJ.

I believe a top ten in every classification would be cool, but you have to consider the fact that a lot of teams, especially in 1A, do not report scores.

I could see where Edisto would be upset if you beat somebody legit, but that's not the case.

J
world cup
world cup
J
My bad..thanks for the corrections though ..I even watched those State matches ..just slipped my mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well as for dixie they should be back in the top 5 this week because they beat ware shoals 8-0 in the BHP shootout yesterday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GOOB, how do you go from losing 3-1; to winning 8-0. i know they said anything can happen in a soccer game, but something like that just doesn't happen.

S
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
S
Dixie should have never been out of the top 5. I don't know or understand all the statistics that they were going by but this just proves that Ware Shoals didn't deserve to be in the top 5. If you go by stats. Ware Shoals didn't have some of their games accounted for and at 2-1 doesn't really predict anything. I mean Ware Shoals didn't have Laurens (1-6), Fox Creek (0-6), and Greenville Tech (0-3) accounted for. Whether or not those games were b/c of weather and didn't play I don't know. But if they were accounted for then I believe Dixie's W/L/T's ratio would have been better then theirs.

S
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
S
On a side note, when is the last time Christ Church been out of the top spot in 1A. Congrats. AM keep it up!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man its like this our game 1st game against wareshoals was FLUKE..Come out and do the right thing the next time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for explaining that to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To answer your question about CC im not completely sure but i believe SCS overtook the number 1 spot the first year 1A had an actual state championship which i think was 2001

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to AM that someone besides CC is first, are you guys going to make up your game with CC?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard