A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by zak:
And you think that just because you guys used your bench people that we automatically used all of our starters? Wrong again. We didn't even put in our starters until the second half.

Plus, you talk about your coach getting to know you guys and working with you in different positions. Guess what, we have exactly 5 returning players from our 21 man roster, so our coach was doing the same thing. [/QB]

Just to tell eveybody...
Sadly, what you have failed to note is the fact that, despite having beaten us in the scrimmage (not that anyone cares), West Florence still only scored 2 of 7 points in the first half (this on a goalie that has only been playin for two years) while giving up a goal themselves. This score (of 2-1) seems remarkably similar to the tourney game*. I might also add that the other five goals were scored on two other goalies, neither of which had EVER played the position before, excepting the previous three or four weeks of practice.
*By the way, this comment is significant in that it didn't seem to matter who WF started, be it the second string in scrimmage or the first in the tourney, because the result was not any different.
-And I would also like to mention that the shot count for the WF/GSSM game was something like WF 30 and GSSM 3. Draw conclusions regarding WF's offense and GSSM's defense on your own. And, by the way, just so that you know, that little scrimmage was the first time this year that the GSSM team had stepped foot on Coker's field, meaning that well over half our team had NEVER even practiced on it. Let the squabbling about fields end with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have no clue what you are talking about stonewall. in our scrimage, we started our 3rd string goalie who had never played on varsity before (second string on last years jv team). seeing as that i am the keeper for west i have never played on the field yet i started at full back against yall. the only thing that the shot count proves is that we dominated the game and kept control of the ball the entire time. . . and also that we shouldnt put our 3rd string keeper in. and as for you never having played on cokers field, neither had we and you should be thankful te be able to play on a fairly nice field such as that and it in no way puts you at a disadvantage...dang i really wish we got to play yall again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am going to have to agree with alexg.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by zak:
aha. I play for West. We CAN beat governor's school hands down; we already did, actually (7-1 in a scrimmage). We played a bad game, which stinks because it took us out of contention for first place. We could have played very well and probably beaten Camden if we played the way we did this morning (10-0 against Blythewood).

First of all, a scrimmage is just that - a scrimmage, it doesn't count for anything. Second of all, don't use the excuse that you played a bad game. What happened on the field happened on the field. The fact of the matter is 4A West Florence beat 1A Governor's School 2-1, and nothing you say will change the score. Personally, I think West Florence has no room to talk after the game Thursday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't this message board supposed to be about who has the wildest fans!
Yeah i'll give Gov. School some credit for a good game, but i don't think the score showed the actually way the game was played. i think one of you're own players said that the shot ratio was West 30 G.School 4. so lets get back to who has the wildest fans. I'm gonna have to say i've never been to any school with fans like West Florence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll agree, WF has the worst fans I've seen.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Hilton Head has some crazy fans.. almost every single parents come to watch it then the whole jv team comes n yells n make the team get tough and then all of our friends it gets so crowed on the stands!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey brownsoccer11, at least west has people that come to their games. . .

L
bench
bench
L
Seriously alexg you guys had like maybe 20 students out in your HOME the stands. Granted that was more then we had but if you come to our home we would probably have more people than that there plus we have about one tenth of your schools total number of students, and the only reason we dont have any away fans is because we live on campus and are not allowed to drive and it's a pretty far walk from GSSM to WF. And we dont have any parents out there because, just for me personally, they live two and a half hours away in the great city of Aiken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dude it was a scrimage. . . just wait till home games littleplayer

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard