Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
eastside will rape

Brace
Brace
As a Riverside alumnus, I am disappointed at the state of the boys soccer program. According to the scoreboard, they are 0-3 and ranked #15 in 3A. They are also playing a limited schedule compared to RHS teams of the past.

Also, where did Dave Thurson go? He had the program headed back in the right direction after Riverside's mistake of not bringing back Coach Hosea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eastide should win easily. I've played both teams, and Eastside is better by far!

brace
brace
Voice,

I believe that your dissappointment is misplaced. There is really nothing wrong with the program, it's just more of a down year than anything else. Riverside lost an enormous amount of senior talent last year and is rebuilding with one of the strongest class of underclassmen in the state. And no, that's not an exagerration. With regards to the schedule, all the games you see on SCSoccer are not all the games that are played. Some games are missing. As far as the coach goes, Thureson suddenly left town for reasons that don't need to be detailed on this thread. They are in excellent hands with Brian Dender. In one or two years you will see and hear more about Riverside than you do about Eastside.

World Cup
World Cup
CornerFlag, are you a member of the Riverside HS team, coaching staff, or a fan? If so, could you have Coach Brian Dender or someone from your program send me a complete schedule with scores/results and future dates/times? It's hard to give credit where it's due if others aren't participating!

Also, why have there been so many postponements for Riverside and J.L. Mann this spring?

Brace
Brace
Kyle:
I know they have had some field and weather problems this spring.

I do wish more coches would keep up with schedules and results. Being a Riverside alumnus who lives in Charleston, SCSOCCER.com is the only way I can keep up with Riverside happenings.

Believe me, if me soccer career here in Charleston was not as good as it is (Magnet and College of Chalreston), I would be back at Riverside coaching the boys team.

If Coach Dender has won some games (they are currently listed at 0-3) and trying to rebuild the program, please post!! I am a proud alumnus and will be a Riverside Warrior forever, but the current Warriors have to help former Warriors stay up to date.

If you are a current Warrior, realize that you are part of one of the greatest dynasties and one of the top 3 programs ever in South Carolina history. Understand that, play like that, represent the program like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

by the way- riverside is gonna pull off the upset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think eastside can beat anyone in 3A if they play hard for 80 minutes. they have a ton of talent and experience. i don't think riverside can beat them.

Brace
Brace
Da Flag:
Please remember that I am from the Riverside years when state championships were expected. Since I live in Charleston now, this site is the only way I can keep up with my beloveded alma mater. I'll never forget the day after we won the 1993 state title that Sean Swiler came into Economics class with his 5 state championship medals on. That is Riverside soccer-- not 0-3, not 2-3, not 4-3.

Based on what I read and see on here, I am disappointed. 0-3 and a #15 ranking is not acceptable for someone who won two state championships and played with some of the greatest high school players ever. I'm sorry but that is how it is. In fact, I do not know any player from the 1985-2000 era who would accept that. I can be this harsh because I know what Coach Hosea was able to get less talented teams to do-- win state championships.

At this point in the season, I would expect Riverside to be 9-3. I do not care about losing senior talent. We used to lose 8 of the starting 11. At Riverside, we do not rebuild, we reload!

The problem is that the currenrt administration, current AD, current soccer coach and current players have no respect and no knowldge for the history of Riverside soccer. A coach's resume is not impressive if he does not have a healthy knowledge of Riverside soccer history.

Terry Archenhold has had tremendous success as the girls coach at RHS. One reason is that he understood and respected what Robin English had done with the girls team. If Coach Dender is only in it for the very small stipend, then it is up to the players to educate him on the history of Riverside soccer. We are a very pround alumni group and do not appreciate a coach who is in it solely for the money. Riverside has a tremendous historic tradition established by Coach Hosea, and we expect that tradition to be continued.

I expect Riverside soccer to be returned to the success we had from the mid 80s to the mid 90s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
voice of reason - check your pm box.

L
kick off
kick off
L
Hamil,

I think your comment about Riverside being down because of Dender replacing Dave is wrong. I helped Dave out last year and I have known Brian for a very long time. Believe me when I tell you that Riverside is in much better hands. The next three years teams in 3A better watch out for the Warriors. I agree about the players not respecting what it means to put on the Riverside jersey. Getting back to the Dave. As an alum I dont think you want a coach who did not show up for practices or tryouts and would not tell anybody. Dender has been thrown into this thing and basically I think is doing ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Voice of reason-
You are making alot of generalizations that just aren't true. My son is playing for Riverside this season (although my screen name is #8, it is from last year) and they are quite a good team. All you have to do is look at their roster. Every player on it is a club soccer player (most play for CESA). The 3 loses we have had have been 1 point games against good teams which really could have gone either way. We have also had 3 games postponed due to weather. As far as these players having respect for the "dynasty", of course they do! Our son watched as his older brothers played on the 2000 State Championship team (22-0 and 6th in the nation)probably the best team ever at Riverside. So I know first hand the respect the younger players have, many of whom have been watching these games for years waiting for their chance to play for Riverside. We are starting a little slow, thats what happens when a new coach steps in. Coach Dender has shown that he is up for the task. Remember he is just getting to know these players and their abilities and where he would like for them to play. The team gets stronger every game! The program is in good hands and will always be one of the best teams in the state for years to come! GO WARRIORS!!

L
kick off
kick off
L
rhsboy8,
I agree that Hamil is making alot of generalizations. But you have to understand where he is coming from. I know that the 2000-2001 team were great and won state. But when he and I were there one loss maybe two in a year was about all we expected. And I think that is what he is talking about. When we were there we felt all we had to do was put on the jersey with Riverside on it and that was good for at least two goals. Seven straight state championships in a row made him expect nothing but a state championship will do. But he did not see the Greenville game go down to the wire or the Mauldin game or the Dorman game. This Riverside team can play. They just have to find themselves and get that swagger back. Even though I am coaching at JL Mann I will always support the Warriors and hope nothing but the best (unless we meet sometime in the playoffs)for them. I think Hamil is just concerned but he must understand the facts and just relax because the next three years the Warriors are going to be very strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm getting a little tired of all the coach bashing going on,especially from another coach.If you have personal knowledge or factual information about another coaches whereabouts or the real reason one accepts a high school job, then post it.If not, please keep your opinions to yourself.Furthermore, it is easy to cast stones, but you may be running when they are coming in your direction" voice of treason"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard