Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#25065 04/06/05 10:05 AM
R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
quote:
Originally posted by Soccerboy:
We used to blast the ball out of bounds into the stands every now and then if the spectators were getting out of hand. If you needed to play a ball out to let the defense reset, why not let the rowdy fans get a little ball action! It was kinda fun to tag a kid that wasn't looking.

I saw just that happen this season at Northwestern by a Sumter defender. It was deserved and I loved it.

#25066 04/06/05 01:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SA fans are rediculous. Their students just start talking crap when they don't even know whats going on. Their team could be losing and their still talking crap. Well their fans are horrible.

#25067 04/06/05 02:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I may try kicking the ball out of bounds at the fans if they start heckling me...sounds like good clean fun.

In the past Barnwell fans have been pretty bad, and it really affected our playing (well, not mine. I was a child at the time I am referring to; on a side note, I was a ball boy, and I rocked). We weren't supposed to pay them any attention, and the refs were making it worse; every time we asked them to stop talking to us (IE "Will you please stop talking to us and let us play the game?"), he would warn us but never say anything to the fans.

But from what I've seen so far from the Barnwell Fans is that they have improved drastically (I've only seen the Varsity Boys crowd); I look forward to playing them this year.

#25068 04/06/05 02:58 PM
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Back in the 80's, DW Danial fans would line one side of the field, standing about a yard off the sideline. Back then, they didn't play in the stadium. We even played them at Lander in a tournament one year and they did the same thing. The fans would talk smack and throw pennies and pebbles the whole game. Shows how clueless refs are at times. We also took pleasure in sending balls into the crowd. I imagine we were a lot more effective than those of you sending balls screaming into the stands. Our back four averaged 6'2", 190 lbs. so I have to say it was a joy to watch an unsuspecting fan take it in the face.

#25069 04/06/05 10:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
96's fan are pretty bad, or at least they were when MC played them.

#25070 04/06/05 10:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, our fans can be really ruff on other teams and are not afraid to single out one player to rag on.

#25071 04/09/05 04:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by bmsoccer3:
SA fans are rediculous. Their students just start talking crap when they don't even know whats going on. Their team could be losing and their still talking crap. Well their fans are horrible.

#25072 04/09/05 04:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by bmsoccer3:

Don't know how often that situation has arisen this year (losing and running their mouth, after all they are 12-0-1). Indeed SA's fans are a bit too rowdy, but I don't know if they'll trade that kind of home field advantage for a kinder, gentler fan base. I've seen worse from other teams in other sports but will admit that when a team has a rapid rise of top level play it can lead to soem overzealous fans filling the stands. But it's not that bad, just mostly done in fun and goofing off. Just kids being kids. It's also encouraging to see SA doing some disciplining of their own without getting the officials involved. It's never easy to remove one of your own fans for behavior but there must be a line of decency somewhere

#25073 04/16/05 12:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bamberg HAS THE WORST FANS. OUR PLAYER TORE A LIGEMENT IN HIS LEG. HE WAS GOING TO PLAY IN COLLEGE. HE HAD A FULL SCHOLARSHIP AND EVERY THING. THERE FANS DID NOTHING BUT LAUGH.

#25074 04/16/05 02:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In our game at Walhalla the game was stopped and four fans were kicked out for hollering racial slurs down at our black players to the point where our marking back had to be restrained. It was the worst incident of racism and bigotry that I've ever witnessed.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard