Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#25104 04/07/05 04:15 AM
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
JacketsSoccer

I went and took a look at the NW and Fort Mill's schedule. How can you honestly say that your schedule is any better than NW and consider one of the toughest with Wando (who I believe is not that difficult either) and others. FM and NW share 2 common teams, Spartanburg and Clover. NW other opponents have been Dorman, AC Flora (a decent 3A team), Sumter, and Emerald (the #2 team in 2A). FM's other opponents are Dutch Fork (a good 4A team), Andrew Jackson (who lost to Lancaster) and Buford twice. How is that schedule any better than NW? If you say because of the Palmetto Cup, NW's schedule in the Lake Murray Challenge was just as difficult. Looking at the field in the NW tournament, it appears that tournament is more difficult than the Byrnes tourney. Please do not try to put FM's schedule with the likes of some of the most difficult in the state because that just is not the case.

Why would combined records of opponents only break ties for 4th place in the region? It could also break a tie between any other place and that could mean the difference between playing on the road and playing at home in the playoffs.

#25105 04/07/05 04:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lower State.....You sure do come to the aid of NW ...I find the fact that NW schedule was as difficult at LMC as the PC. But that's just me....I do think the NW shoudl be the number one team.....They have won the games they have HAD to play....Well done them.....Although I do believe that IF NW had played inthe PC they would not be number one.....Just from what I have seen. For right now they are a good choice.

Congrats to Coach Finotti, Coach Davis and Coach Wrenn for doing a bang up job and bringing SC some good PUB!!!!!

#25106 04/07/05 04:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOOYAKASHA.

#25107 04/06/05 05:12 PM
brace
brace
In any sport that I know of that contains rankings, there is always going to be those who agree with the rankings and those who don't. They is always going to be a certain amount of subjectivity no matter how hard you try (i.e. college Football). Northwesterns ranking is good for soccer in SC. Are they the best team in the state? Maybe, maybe not. Any team can lose, especially this year. There is no completely dominant team despite what NW or SA's record is. That's why it bothered me that almost everyone was getting ready to crown Irmo the champion. Champions are made on the field, not on paper. Irmo still might do it, but it's not the smooth ride that most people thought. What I think that a better indicator is is who is playing the good ball at the end of the season. The good teams get it together and are playing solid ball by the later part of the season.

I like, everyone else do not agree with all the rankings. There are some teams that are overanked and underranked in my opinion and we could argue for the rest of the season about it, but I will bite my tongue and wait for the playoffs because that is where we will be able to see who is real and who is not.

I've rambled too much...

#25108 04/06/05 05:52 PM
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Shearer

You are right, I have come to the aid of NW some this year. I am giving them alittle support for the things that Finotti and his teams have accomplished the last 2+ years. Plus I hate it when a team gets put down because of what i read as jealousy by others. They should be recieving nothing but congratulations for their accomplishments along with SA and Wando, not having a thread questioning their worthiness.

#25109 04/06/05 05:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well said young man.

#25110 04/06/05 05:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lower,

I agree.....I have not seen NW play alot but they are a good side. Finotti seems to have them in a good way. I don't think anyone is questioning their worthiness(?) but ratehr questioning the National ranking....I hope for a NW SA match in the upperstate final...Do you know who they would mark Jamal with? I guess SA would mark Aroyo(sp) w/ Gulick(sp)....maybe?

#25111 04/06/05 06:53 PM
J
Brace
Brace
J
Silverback...I'll break down the schedules for you too:

NW plays the following ranked teams (regular season):
Dorman (13)
Fort Mill (6)

Wando plays the following ranked teams during the regualr season:
Hilton Head (10)
Summerville (9)
Dutch Fork (5)
James Island (7)

Dutch Fork plays the following ranked teams during the regular season:
Lexington (14)
Fort Mill (6)
Spring Valley (9)
Irmo (4)
Wando (3)
Ridge View (15)

South Aiken plays the following ranked teams during the regualr season:
Greenwood (11)
Irmo (4)
Lexington (14)
Spring Valley (9)

Irmo plays the following ranked teams during the regular season:
South Aiken (2)
Lexington (14)
Dutch Fork (5)
Ridge View (15)
Spring Valley (9)

Now lets talk strength of schedule......look above. Looks like Dutch Fork plays the hardest schedule out of that group. You can't tell me that NW plays an impressive schedule, because they don't, plain and simple. I did say above that they do deserve the #1 ranking, but they do play a relatively weak schedule. May hinder them in the playoffs...we shall see when that time comes. SA will have a good chance of taking it to them.

#25112 04/06/05 06:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
soccerboy - nice ownage [Smile]

#25113 04/06/05 07:19 PM
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Soccerboy

Just wanting to point out a few mistakes. I agree though that Dutch Fork definitely played a tough schedule, possibly the toughest.

Wando and DF do not play during the regular season. They met in the Palmetto Cup.

SA played Greenwood in a scrimmage.

how come only 4A ranked teams in your analysis? Just wondering

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard