#25114 04/06/05 08:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lowerstate4A
I didn't say FM had one of the toughest schedules in the state - they absolutely don't. What I said was, they've played more QUALITY teams than NW so far. And Wando played as many quality teams last weekend as NW has all year. Of course they got spanked by NN. My only point is we don't know how good NW is yet. They ARE good enough to be ranked #1 at this point in the season.

And I'm not putting NW down, I was putting down Silverback's schedule analysis. I probably know more kids on the NW team this year than FM's, and I've watched them play most of their playoff games the last couple of years. Coach Finotti's done a great job. But I will be pulling for Fort Mill tonight!

#25115 04/06/05 08:37 PM
J
Brace
Brace
J
Lowerstate, I included the regular season tournaments not the preseason. Sorry if I let a scrimmage between SA and Greenwood get on there. I was just doing 4A, so I didn't want to delve into the 3A or 2A realm, thats the only reason I didn't include them.

#25116 04/06/05 10:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somebody said it right earlier in this discussion about all will be played out on the field. Either way, somebody is going to have to stop NW from scoring if your going to beat them on any level.

My big issue here is really how Norman got out of SC again........And as I had the pleasure of reading, again, and again and again.

Hopefully next year NW will join this tourney and also go play in GA to shut up the GA soccer band wagon folks.

I've been there and it isn't that good.

Anyways, Norman? This hurts all SC clubs

#25117 04/06/05 11:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all this talk really doesnt matter...congrats to the teams that made the rankings and especially to NW for their number 1 ranking...In my opinion any of these four teams will win state: NW, SA, Wando, or Irmo. Disregarding previous results between some of these teams that have met earlier in the season, when may comes around every game is a new game and i cant pick a favorite out of any of these taeams. Of course there are some other good teasms in 4A but im really looking forward to seeing these teams duke it out. And does anyone know how to see who has the hardest schedule? Or would it be a better idea to make a post and have people put ou win loss recoreds of teams and compare?

#25118 04/07/05 02:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a few things come to my attention while reading previous posts...first of which is wando by no means got "spanked" by Norman. If you had been to the game you wouldve realized that the score was CLEARLY not indicative of how the game was played...nextly...NW does indeed deserve their number 1 spot. the rankings are produced solely off of wins and losses. but honestly, right now, why is this even being debated?? rankings right now mean absolutely nothing...what i do know is that NW's relatively weak schedule(compared to teams theyll face in May) could very well be their achille's heel. This year's playoffs will be very interesting to watch and I also look forward to seeing NW, SA, Wando, Irmo, DF, HH, and Summerville duke it out...May should be fun and provide plenty of upsets....

#25119 04/07/05 11:23 AM
world cup
world cup
Northwestern has done everything that they have needed to do....they've taken care of business. Their record is unblemished and they deserve to be #1.

Everyone knows Wando and South Aiken are strong, and everyone believes Irmo will be there again at the end (and I like Summerville too), but until someone knocks off NW, they rule the roost.

NW has a very nice team and I wish them well (at least until the rematch with FM).

#25120 04/07/05 12:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elcid is absolutely right. Wando did not deserve a 3-0 result. They played toe to toe with Norman and actually created more chances than did Norman. Once the crap goal was scored, it seemed to deflate Wando and energize Norman.

Also, there are several good teams in 4A, and they all have a legitimate chance to win the final.

#25121 04/08/05 01:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i believe it said that northwestern beat york 4-0 in one of the other posts. if that's so, then i don't believe that northwestern should be ranked high in 4A. daniel, 11th ranked in 3A, beat york easily eariler this season with a 5-0 win. and it could have been more, but they put their defenders up top. unless northwestern stopped scoring purposely, the numbers show that they are not that good.

#25122 04/08/05 01:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cropp (FW) out with red card and Arroyo only played half of esch half.

Rest of team played well and everyone got plenty of playing time.

I don't think you have to punish a team to show your better.

Understand the NW/FM game was very lopsided at shots on goal. It was something like 16 to 4 in NW favor.

There are alot of other determining factors to a game being won.

You have to add the fact that the coaching staff uses certain games to play other people, and try different plays, situations or to see how someone might fit in a differnt position on the field.
There just more to it than a score.

Believe me, there were plenty of post shots tonite that could have been goals real easy.

#25123 04/08/05 01:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, i figured they weren't trying to run it up...i just wanted to make sure though.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard