Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
#25709 04/13/05 03:14 PM
J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
The Poster's Cup that is..

Will it be the Women's Forum champion www.R1C.com versus the perennial Men's Forum powerhouse Cornerflag? Or will it be another classic between THE L-E Dude and Shearer?

OR

..will darkhorse 2004striker, EHSdefender, or Soccerboy upset a favorite to take the Cup!

Disclaimer: The Poster's League/Championship is in no way related to or affiliated with the Redneck League, the SCHSL, SCISA, or the Moron Poster's League.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would vote Shearer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can pick up your Cup from the same place you have been living the past two years.......NEVERLAND!!!!!!!

Unless the Cup goes to the poster that says the SAME thing over and over again....2004 is out....

The other canidates are worthy ......but you brings the cold hard facts.....thats right SHEARER!!!!

This post was paid for and brought to you by the Shearer for Posters Cup Campaign.....all words are meant to **** off someone!!!

hat-trick
hat-trick
My vote is to LE dude, mainly because i like him better, but also, 718 posts? that's hard to beat

J
Brace
Brace
J
L-E Dude, I have to say this looks to be amusing. Why not include laplageauxfolles in this too......he has quite the wit, yet I don't know where he finds the time to come up with some of the information that he posts. I do understand that he is relagated mostly to the the ladies forum, but you have to give it to him. I think I would vote on him in the battle. I would have to say that I am a true underdog since I am so far up north that we don't have leaves on the trees yet....just started kicking the ball around outside last weekend. What are the rules? You need to let us all know how to participate!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Count me out Jack. Way too busy this week to even try it. But my vote is for you. You're generally in on every thread out there. The others lack your versatility.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Well..the rules are fairly simple.

Rule #1 - No matter what..L-E Dude wins.

Seriously though.. I'm incredibly busy this week also.. I think posting on this board helps to prevent a nervous breakdown.

As for the Poster's League Cup.. I will work up some brackets later on.. we'll go from there.. post who you think should be included I guess..

Yo..Member #238382 / 2004Striker ..I was making quality posts when your grandchildren were showing you how to turn on a computer..

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Shearer will take the cup for sure he'll get a couple of brown ales in him after he wins to celebrate!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So by your own words 2004 you are OUT ......This should be fun.......BenpLippen...You should win based on the number of scores you know...I think kyle only knows more!

Let the games begin......and the brown ales flows!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I nominate HEHATEME as well as Sexual Grapefruit.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:
lincolnlog,
Red Neck League grew a bit wordy???? I will break yo legs too.........

Lincolnlog.. hahaha.. I'll ignore your faults and my bias towards you just because that one made me laugh..

In other news.. the following posters nominated are not elligible for the Poster's League Championship.

HeHateMe
Sexual Grapefruit
I_Kick_Balls

Their membership in the Moron Poster's League is in direct violation with the bylaws of the Poster's League.

The current roster for the PLC is(in no particular order):

L-E Dude
Shearer
www.R1C.com
CornerFlag
Soccerboy
2004Striker
benp

Also:
laxpagfollehigh (or whatever the name is) is in on account of obligations to Title IX.

Also also: I'm entertaining the idea of leaving the final decision up to the Heise brothers and Mr. Easley..since..we're only here because of them. Is that "fair"?

World Cup
World Cup
I officially withdraw my name from consideration. A "Girls Forum" representative has no place in this manly display of testosterone. It would be like Carolina playing Clemson in football or having a AAA team in a AAAA playoff bracket. U-G-L-Y

P.S. I appreciate your consideration

coach
coach
NO WAY Dude,
Don't leave it up to the Heises and the Easleys. They will for sure give it to someone from BC!!
You can let them keep the vote stats if you want.

Good to see you go www; go back to girlie soccer with lpaf. Sorry to hear about Sexual.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
You don't even know the parameters of the competition yet! How can you quit?!

I was seriously considering a "Bake Off" for the first round.. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

brace
brace
What is truly amazing is how many posts that are on this thread in such little time. Are our lives really that bad?

coach
coach
Hey Dude,
I will refuse to accept the Cup as post champion unless Sexual is allowed to participate. Where can he appeal your decision? And why are your and Shearer names listed first? And benp lippen and I are listed last??

B
goal
goal
B
You're going to have to remove LPAF. He's enjoying the tea party over there.

coach
coach
lpaf and Chico are actually trying to make normal people believe that girlie soccer can be fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since R1C is out ....I say we nominate LowerState4A.....He seems to post a lot......I also like the fact that he single handedly takes up for the NW issue!!!

L E and I are first b/c that's were we belong!

coach
coach
I nominate Steak $11.95 for his recent classic post below:

Steak $11.95
Registered Member
Member # 2881
Member Rated:
posted April 11, 2005 11:39PM

Ahh....another team that's a fan of the "Boom Ball".Brings me back to my younger days of rec. league.

World Cup
World Cup
I send you my best, Shearer. You are my personal choice to win. 2004, I take your need to give me attention as a compliment or some sort of homosexual advance. I pray for the former.

coach
coach
www,
Advance? I think you have watched too much female soccer.

World Cup
World Cup
Nothing I can say after one. You got me.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Steak does have a few good post out there for being a young poster:

About the topic: "Best Entrances"
Congrats. this is now the dumbest topic around. The best entrances..............

and

Saul:
Any relation Kirk Hammet or Tim McGraw? Cuz that would be cool...

Steak $11.95:
That was almost the dumbest comment I've heard on this website. Keep it up and you may just get there.

and then there is:

Saul:

First thing, Steak, I'd like to refer to your user name, which is Steak $11.95. I'm dumb, huh? It seems to me like you would have put more thought into a name rather than what you just had for lunch. My little sister (when she was 3) named our dog what she had for lunch (and that would be Burrito); I would expect more from you than a three year old girl.

Steak $11.95:
Don't hate the name, just cause yours is original. Not my fault you had to take your parents suggestion on that one. Give props to your little sis, she probably has more creativity then you (it's ok, it's not your fault).

coach
coach
OK LE Dudeman,
Contest is done! I concede the 'Cup' to Steak$11.95.

brace
brace
I agree. The name alone should win it.

coach
coach
Ok LE Dude,
Is it done? Can I now get back to my normal life?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Sure.. I was going to type out brackets and some elaborate story..but.. i'm not THAT bored *cough 2004Striker cough*...and a nap on a rainy day sounds pretty good.

Congratulations Steak$11.95 you are the Poster's League Champion..

hat-trick
hat-trick
goodness, i couldn't even keep up, i made my one comment then next time i was on it was 3 pages and finished...wow.

coach
coach
Well...not so quick there LE Dude......lets see the rules and brackets anyway. May be interested if I can be assured of victory. Don't give the Cup to Steak$11.95 just yet...

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Come on guys. The winner has to be......

Hurst66 of the girls forum

He registered in early Feb and already has 273 posts. He will most likely catch 2004striker by the end of the year, esp. if the FM girls win it or the FM boys upset NW. L-E Dude, watch out, he will have caught you by next preseason.

E
throw in
throw in
E
I vote for Steak$11.95 just cause he got a cool name and dont be talkin **** like everybody else does...i won't bring up any names though

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
FLIP-FLOPPERS!

..we'll see.. I'm still groggy from my nap. So..maybe later.

Attn: Edisto_Goalie_4

There is a special block on this thread. Posts by members of the Moron Poster's League cannot be viewed here. Just letting you know so you don't waste anymore time here. Also, good luck with the Moron Poster's League Championship..I hear you are heavily favored!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
First round action is complete..results will be posted today around 11AM..

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
So..the moment is at hand. But before we find out how it all went down..I must preface with some technical information.

For those of you that love to bicker about rankings and what not..the seeding/brackets for the Poster's Cup League Championship were determined by two major factors.

1) Statistical Information
2) Personal Knowledge

1)
a)All statistical information was compiled through scsoccer.com and the fields that are being analyzed are: Member Number, Number of Posts, Number of Days on the forum/Join Date, Post Per Day Percentage(ppdp).

b)All calculations were done by me personally. Just so you know I'm not making it up:
 -

Actually..I can't even add or subtract..all the calculations were done through this Excel file:

2) As for the personal knowledge. I like to think I've been here pretty long. I can remember before you had to register and people could post under whatever pseudonym they wanted. This place was like Medieval Europe..with ruthless warlords and menacing peons all scraping for their "fair share" I've seen it man..trust me..I know what's up.

Now..down to business.

All posters in this year's Poster's Leage Cup were selected because they are exceptional members of the scsoccer.com community. If you were overlooked..then you were not exceptional enough.

The simplest way to sort brackets was to steal the NCAA baskeball tournament system. The field is split into two divisions (Old Skool and New School)..with one randomly selected "play in" match.

In pre-tournament action posters Anthony Pelton and Andrew Foley met. Though Anthony is a seasoned veteran Foley came in fresh from eating a McChicken Sandwich and drinking a Moutain Dew..combined with a post per day percentage of .367 Mr. Pelton was easily vanquished...while Andrew Foley secured a place in the Poster's League Cup!

Here are the tournament brackets as they currently stand:

Old Skool Division

#1 - ColaFan vs #10 Lowerstate4A
#2 - L-E Dude vs #9 irmo4now
#3 - the voice of reason vs #8 mbsocfan
#4 - Soccer Watcher vs #7 Soccerboy
#5 - Paruthed vs #6 www.R1C.com

New/n00b School Division

#1 - laplageauxfolles vs #10 Hurst66
#2 - Shearer vs #9 CornerFlag
#3 - Andrew Foley vs #8 Bear
#4 - BDad11 vs #7 2004striker
#5 - Chico vs #6 benp

First Round Results

Right off the bat a historic upset took place when #1 seed ColaFan fell to #10 Lowerstate4A. Despite his experience on the boards..ColaFan's devotion to Dreher was ultimately his undoing as Lowerstate4A used his versatility to best his opponent.

In a #2 vs #9 match-up L-E Dude defeated irmo4now easily.. THE L-E Dude was well conditioned in dealing with those of the Irmo nation..while irmo4now underestimated his counterpart.

the voice of reason came out ontop against long time Myrtle Beach supporter mbsocfan who recently has not been posting up to par.

With a superior post percentage of .209 Soccerboy moves past Soccer Watcher on to the second round(irmo4now quickly jumps onto Soccerboy's bandwagon).

In a display of brute force www.R1C.com bombarded the Pinewood Wizard with an average of .5 more posts per day.. not to mention a continuous shower of nagging and complaining.

In n00b School first round action..

laplagfoxollewhatever defeated newcomer Hurst66 in a match that will go down in history. Though Hurst66 came into the match with the highest ppdp of 4.231..laxplagfall was able to escape victorious. With a consistent ppdp of .825..and the most posts of any in the Cup (883)..lagplag is heavily favored to take the divison.

As the two powerhouse posters Shearer and CornerFlag prepared to begin..Sexual Grapefruit and HeHateMe streaked through the competition grounds..but were quickly subdued (Apparently the two had chugged some Brown Ale they'd stolen from Shearer's bag). Though CornerFlag put up a good fight..Shearer's belligerent barrage of British nonsense and exclamation points proved to be too much for CF.

Sadly the cinderella A.Foley couldn't keep the magic going..as he fell to the coherent and concise Bear in a blow-out.

BDad11 never made it to his match with 2004striker..something about broken legs and a horse head in his bed..what are the odds! 2004striker advances.

In the last match of first round action relative newcomer and underdog benp defeated Chico soundly. benp would go on to buy Chico dinner and tell him how good Brookland-Cayce and Ben Lippen are.. [Razz]

Brackets for 2nd round action are as follows:

Old Skool Division
#10 Lowerstate4A vs #2 L-E Dude
#3 the voice of reason vs #7 Soccerboy

Cross Division Match
#6 www.R1C.com vs #1 laplageauxfolles

New School Division
#2 Shearer vs #8 Bear
#7 2004striker vs #6 benp

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Jack, you're at Clemson, Right? That explains a lot! Please continue to keep us entertained.

brace
brace
The reults are fixed. No fair. No fair. I post sober and my opponent doesn't. Where is the protest comittee???

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Coach Cady:
Jack, you're at Clemson, Right? That explains a lot! Please continue to keep us entertained.

..what exactly are you implying? [Confused]

CF- Don't be a sore loser.. you had a tough draw.. there is always next season..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off I take GREAT offense to being in the "NU Skool" Bracket!!!!!!

Secondly.....I might post under the influence BUT my posts aided by the Brown Ale for far more enjoyable than most "sober" posts from the "posers" out there!

Bear ...good luck and may the best man when which I intend to!!!

As for R1C.com.....as I said before www.gobacktothegirlspage.com and after all the "SAT" words you use the best "insult/Flame" you could come up with was a "gay" joke....I expect way more out of you....

Shearer Strikes Again!!!

P.S. Bring me the heart of 2004 Striker ....Benp!(joke as in aquote from Fletch while he is in the Dr's Office.....Blue River)

J
Brace
Brace
J
All that I have to say is that is pretty amusing. Jack, don't you have classes to attend? I am proud to have Irmo4now on my bandwagon! Dangit....I have to go against Jason next. I don't think he is nasty enough to take me. Bring it on!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Shearer:
First off I take GREAT offense to being in the "NU Skool" Bracket!!!!!!

I really had no control over it my friend..just a matter of when you joined.

Soccerboy- I DO indeed have class. In fact..I'm in my astronomy lecture right now.. It's incredibly boring..and I'm doing well in the course..so..you guys don't have to worry. And..I wrote all of that last night..could have gone to TD's..but..I'm just a freshmen..not up to partying on weekdays just yet..

J
Brace
Brace
J
Hey, you know you are doing a good job at college when your weekends start on Wednesday. Have fun in astronomy. Are you on a wireless network on your laptop?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Ha..yeah..I know a few people that can pull off Wednesday nights.. and yes, almost the whole campus is wireless.. and freshmen are required to purchase a laptop with wireless capabilities..

In PLC news: You can expect 2nd round (and possibly as far as the Cup Finale) action sometime this evening.

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Jack, my remark was simply an effort to draw a reaction. (Success is mine!) Sort of like running across the middle to pull the defender out of the play. If I had been in SC during my college years I probably would have chosen Clemson, however, my children both graduated from USC, as did my wife. Being a yankee I enjoy the usually friendly rivalry between the two schools and try to instigate it whenever I can. Now back to competition!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LYJ,

Good one......not much to do in Lincoln?

brace
brace
Hey Lincoln,

If you added that into this you would disqualify way too many people. It will never happen.

coach
coach
Dude man,
How did I get such a low 7th seed? Have you already forgotten the Red Neck League creator? or My fervent campaign to merge the Cola. area clubs so we can keep up with the up and lowstate? Do you care about any of that?
Anyway......now that Bdad11 is history (thanx in part to my W. Florence goons), I will now easily dispose of benp lippen. (I know his weakness is pretty girls since there ain't none at ben lippen). I will send my cousin, Betty Leigh Downs, over to his house this afternoon. He won't be able to post in the forum for weeks after Betty is thru with him.
Then I will be ready to take on my drunken nemesis, Shearer.
(by the way, I put my money on you in the old skool div. Get er done, dude!)

B
goal
goal
B
Shearer, I must say, you have relatively little chance. As in the playoffs, home field advantage is big. This home field advantage is something that probably has gone under the radar, but was part of one of my earliest posts with the "dude".

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Coach Cady:
Jack, my remark was simply an effort to draw a reaction. (Success is mine!) Sort of like running across the middle to pull the defender out of the play. If I had been in SC during my college years I probably would have chosen Clemson, however, my children both graduated from USC, as did my wife. Being a yankee I enjoy the usually friendly rivalry between the two schools and try to instigate it whenever I can. Now back to competition!

I just wasn't sure..what kind of reaction you were looking for. All my family is from Maryland..so..I too did not grow-up with all this rivalry crap..when kids at school talked about Clemson and USC..I was the one saying, "Yeah? Well..Notre Dame would kill them both!" ..that may not be true these days..but anyway.. I'll smoothly transition to this..

Soccerboy- Where "up North" are you? I'm looking to transfer above the Mason-Dixon..

Lincoln.. I don't even understand what you said.. I'm going to say..whatever it is.. is MPL business.. maybe PM Edisto_Goalie_4..he likes to use the Private Message feature...

2004stroke..face it..you're a n00b..seeding was done by join date ..that was the only "fair" way to do it..i'd conserve your posting energy..you'll need it against benp.

coach
coach
I am ready for benp lippen! But, one question, what happened to Steak? He did'nt make any brackets? You didn't have a food bracket?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Patience..all in due time. I haven't forgotten about anything..

(working on boosting your ppdp eh?)

coach
coach
Well........I can take the 'Cup' even with
a low ppdp. Had I not deleted all the Red Neck League posts a year ago, I would be way ahead.
Where's that benp lippen? Is he outa class yet?
For all my fans out there in W. Florence and Barnwell, if you vote for me in my match against benp lippen, I will give each family this special bribe,....er, I mean, prize:
http://redneckboardgame.com/thegame.html

hat-trick
hat-trick
ok, 2004, I'm here, (was eating lunch). FYI, there are actually some hot girls at ben lippen. I happen to be sitting next to courtney right now. Betty will be no match for me. I happen to believe that my impartiality (outside of ben lippen) will allow me to slip by, along with the amount of games i have attended.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lincoln ,

So one that loses would be L-I-N-C-O-L-N

Well there is another 45 seconds of my life I will want back on my death bed.....Stop posting and fade back to Lincoln.

My young Pimp Ben P .....Well Done Lad!! Don't take any crap from 2004 he would rather go on a date w/ Tripp and Eddie than holla at a hottie!!!!

coach
coach
Ooops, my mistake! I forgot about Courtney. Well, that makes one hot girl at ben lippen. Ya still gotta see Betty Leigh! HOT!
I did'nt see # of games attended in the official rules.......but to be honest, ya know Dude is gonna win cause its his game.

coach
coach
Shearer Ya drunken fool,
I am sending out my Barnwell boys to find ya and stomp ya down. You better hide your brown ales!

J
Brace
Brace
J
I have moved to the grand old cheese land of Wisconsin, you know, the state that wants to be able to hunt cats (if you have seen the national news lately).......I was pleasantly surprised that there is a soccer field complex in Fond du Lac that has about 25 fields.....not too shabby for those damned Yankees.

hat-trick
hat-trick
well, just in this class, we have katie, jessica, and amy. (but this is one of the hottie rich ones) But, I think I still think i will not need betty leigh. I also don't plan to win, just beat you.
ps courtney says "hey"

coach
coach
"hey courtney"

Soccerboy,
Don't you know we are at war here............!
Fond du lac??

J
Brace
Brace
J
sorry! I'll let you two go back at it....

hat-trick
hat-trick
one more thing...
2004 striker, don't you go to flora? because if that is true, then we can take this off the board and on the field next week.

coach
coach
A Flora fan, but don't play. Too many head balls in my youth resulted in my current condition. I am relegated to this forum league for life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bring the Barnwell Boys on.......But I must warn you that I too have friends in low places!!!Beware it's almost 2:30 which means the Ale will be flowing SOON!!!!

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
L-E Dude --

It is with great honor and humility that I note my inclusion in the round of 20 for the PCL Championship. Heaven knows I've trained hard for this competition over the last three years. I am equally pleased at dispatching the likeable but cocky newcomer, H66, in the first round. He deserves his fate.

I cannot however in good faith move forward into the round of 10 against my good buddy from the Electric City, R!C. He has had a very troubled last several months as manifested by a series of serious identity problems and as a result could not have taken the appropriate time to train himself. But more importantly, I cannot in good conscience agree to a cyber fight to the death with my friend. Captain Kirk wouldn't do it to Spock, Tonto declined to fight the Lone Ranger, and Ginger Rogers and Fred Astair never competed in dance off.

If forced into the cyber arena with www.R1c.com I will walk to the middle of the ring, set aside my mouse and keyboard, kneel and extend my neck for the coup de grace, thus allowing R!C to move unscathed into the next round.

lpaf

ps: Chico's loss to benp must have been rigged. Never in a million years...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical girls response......Bow down to the row!

coach
coach
lpaf,
I see now why you post in the girls section. It is truly a mark of an extremely astute and worldly person, who can admit that he is not man enough to compete with the likes of Sexual, He Hate, Steak$11.95, the www. character and myself.
Wishing you continued success with the most intense game on earth - Female Soccer!
(By the way, Fred coulda kicked Gingers butt any day he wanted!)

hat-trick
hat-trick
ouch lpaf. I held you in the highest regards, but What sparks you're dislike for me? I don't think i'll be crowned in the end, but a first round loss would've humiliated me.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
2004s and Shearer --

Hey, I'm up for the competition. Check my stats, my grammar, my subject verb agreement, any of it. I just won't go toe to toe with R!C -- it's a loyalty thing. Why did LEDude pick me to go in the crossover bracket anyway? If the committe who decides the brackets can fix it I'll take on any of you and win. So go shove it. And count yourselves lucky if you avoid me, I'm your worst nightmare.

lpaf

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
LEDude --

Consider this an official request for bracket re-assignment.

lpaf

ps: benp, no offense intended, but we're all lightweights compared to Chico.

coach
coach
lpaf,
I am not sure, but you are probably in the crossover bracket because there were reports of your penchant for cross-dressing. I don't know where those reports came from, but you may inquire of Shearer.
LE Dudeman,
I don't want lpaf moved to my bracket.
You are correct in one assessment,lpaf. Not any of us want to deal with the dreaded prospect of dealing with Chico da man. I am glad boy wonder, benp lippen, knocked him out early.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
No strategy, lyj. Just the facts.

lpaf

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
2004s --

Libel and lies!!! There's no way anyone but my wife could have known about that and she never posts here, wouldn't have talked, and has never met Shearer...

lpaf

coach
coach
Well....between you and me........ Shearer told me in one of his drunken states.....he tried to pick you up at the Blue Marlin. He said you had on a yellow spring dress?

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Nope. Definitely not me.

lpaf

coach
coach
Ok, my bad. Musta been He Hate Me.

Goal
Goal
How did I lose in the 1st Round? I demand a recount. Surely there is a hanging chad somewhere! To the Jay Leach's and Malcom McLaughlin's of the world, I say 'ugh'. And, Collin Fox, don't go writing anything your Daddy wouldn't! Will see you guys tonight at Memorial.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
lagpuffolle- I regret to inform you..that 2nd Round through PL Cup Final action is already complete.. your resignation is too late..but I don't think you'll be too upset with the final outcome.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Damn the inflexible machine!

lpaf

J
Brace
Brace
J
I'm with Shearer, note the pacification of lpaf’s last post. I am disappointed with this apparent bowing out of the competition. And to think, I recommended him. I shall take myself outside and find a tree to hang myself due to the embarrassment of recommending him. On a further note…may West Ashley’s girls team bow out in the first round….now to find that nice tree…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry I have been in REAL AGONY the past three hours as my Magpies BLEW a one goal laed at Sporting to bow out of UEFA Cup....Thats what happens when you play a prick like Bowyer......

As for the Cros Dressing item.....LAPF I say lets get 2004 do you Concur DR? And what I said at the Blue Marlin was I could eat a peach for hours.....How you got yellow sundress out of that is beyond me....oh yeah your girl had a sun dress on right!

hat-trick
hat-trick
i think that south aiken will lose to ben lippen in the state championship.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Ben..what the CRAP are you talking about?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Here we go..

When we last left off the brackets stood as follows:

Old Skool Division
#10 Lowerstate4A vs #2 L-E Dude
#3 the voice of reason vs #7 Soccerboy

Cross Division Match
#6 www.R1C.com vs #1 laplageauxfolles

New School Division
#2 Shearer vs #8 Bear
#7 2004striker vs #6 benp

Since then there have been many shocking developments. Strap yourselves in for the conclusion of the Poster's League Championship.

Old Skool Division 2nd Round
In a surprisingly close one L-E Dude slipped past Lowerstate4A.. Through dominance in all statistical categories and with the aid of what is regarded as "The Best Entrance" in the State..L-E Dude was able to thwart Lowerstate4A's efforts.

In a clash of scsoccer.com titans the voice of reason and Soccerboy met in hopes of moving on to the PLC semifinals. As the match wore on neither side showed signs of weakening..until Soccerboy, from the frozen tundra of Wisconsin delivered a fatal blow. As Hamil prepared to strike with some comment about Riverside's glory and prestige.. Soccerboy quickly reminded him of Irmo's 15 state championships..defenseless the voice of reason..could find no reason to continue..and promptly admitted defeat.

Cross Divison Match
Due to the odd number of participants in each bracket..a Cross Division match was scheduled between the winner of Old Skool Bracket C and New School Bracket A. Coincidentaly..this paired up 800+ posting juggernauts laplageauxfolles and www.R1C.com from the women's forum.
As word reached the two parties they quickly informed the commission that they would both respectfully withdraw from competition..rather than be forced to do battle against eachother. The two were later spotted outside a Baskin Robins..with their hair in french braids and matching blouses. The PLC commission refused to comment on the situation.

New School Division 2nd Round
Though heavily intoxicated the crowd favorite Shearer was able to steal the win in his match with Bear. At every attempt Bear made to reply or interject..Shearer began pelting his counterpart with beer bottles, articles of clothing, and even a framed picture of 2004striker (in what some might say is a "compromising position")..though frowned upon..these tactics are acceptable under current PLC guidlines. However, after the incident there is talk of future rule changes.

In yet another bizarre 2nd round match benp was scheduled to face 2004striker. Sadly, suspicions that 2004striker had been fixing matches through the aid of Redneck League goons were confirmed. Ironically, his own goons..accompanied by an angry mob of Flora parents turned against him..when 2004 ran out of Moutain Dew and Skoal to pay his croonies with.. and the group of parents found out he'd been the only member of the Flora Futbol Council that was not voting to remove a coach every season. Hospital representatives say despite his various broken bones, bruises, and cigarette burns on his face and arms 2004striker is well enough to continue posting on these boards with a computer provided by the hospital. A source close to 2004 says, "It's the only thing that keeps him going..keeps him motivated..keeps him on the path to recovery." The PLC family wishes 2004striker to know..that we wish him our best!
 -

Poster's League Semi-Finals

Old Skool
L-E Dude vs Soccerboy

As day broke on the 3rd day of competition and Soccerboy prepared to face posting phenom L-E Dude he began doubting himself. It's only natural to question your character and preparation when faced with task of defeating a poster with a reputation such as L-E Dude's.. Just as the match was scheduled to begin..Soccerboy turned to run back home..(perhaps to flip through a photoalbum and cry at the thought of his good times on Harbison Blvd.)..but before he could leave..he received word that L-E Dude would have to forfeit the match due to a faulty alarm clock. Truly a tragedy, L-E Dude..who without such a blunder was sure to take the Cup!

New School
Shearer vs benp

Apparently, after their victories in the 2nd round Shearer and benp decided to celebrate together. In the early hours of this morning..PLC officials were notified by Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott, that Shearer was under arrest for aiding the illegal intoxication of a minor with intent to do all sorts of bad things. And yes..that is a direct quote! Subsequently the disqualification of Shearer was voted on and agreed upon. As for our beloved benp.. all the PLC could obtain as to his whereabouts.. is that his mother says he was a very bad boy..and has been grounded for the rest of his life. But mother knows best..and the Poster's League always has a back-up plan.

With the disqualification of both New School Division semi-finalists..PLC officials invited pre-tournament champion Steak $11.95 to battle Soccerboy..so that a true Poster's League Champion could be named.

Unfortunately, as the match was about to begin..rain clouds moved in.. it rained for days and days and no re-match could ever be scheduled. Reluctantly, Poster's League officials named Soccerboy and Steak $11.95 2004-2005 co-champions..oh yeah.. they also let Auburn be co-champs..because they deserve SOMETHING!

..the end.

or is it...

(stay tuned for Indoor League action..coming soon...)

For the skeptics and cynics, here is further proof that I don't just make this stuff up!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
I don't think you guys know how funny it is for me..I originally intended lagplaf and R1C to bow out..like chumps.. and then lagflap throws out this gem!

Edit: And by "I" I mean the PLC commission...

quote:
Originally posted by laplageauxfolles:
L-E Dude --

It is with great honor and humility that I note my inclusion in the round of 20 for the PCL Championship. Heaven knows I've trained hard for this competition over the last three years. I am equally pleased at dispatching the likeable but cocky newcomer, H66, in the first round. He deserves his fate.

I cannot however in good faith move forward into the round of 10 against my good buddy from the Electric City, R!C. He has had a very troubled last several months as manifested by a series of serious identity problems and as a result could not have taken the appropriate time to train himself. But more importantly, I cannot in good conscience agree to a cyber fight to the death with my friend. Captain Kirk wouldn't do it to Spock, Tonto declined to fight the Lone Ranger, and Ginger Rogers and Fred Astair never competed in dance off.

If forced into the cyber arena with www.R1c.com I will walk to the middle of the ring, set aside my mouse and keyboard, kneel and extend my neck for the coup de grace, thus allowing R!C to move unscathed into the next round.

lpaf

ps: Chico's loss to benp must have been rigged. Never in a million years...

I'd also like to say..that..95 posts in less than 48 hours has to be some sort of awesome record..or.. just really sad on our part..

world cup
world cup
I picked the wrong couple of days to work in the field and be away from the computer.

Great stuff!

lpaf, you suck......I didn't lay down like a lamb. It's tough for a #10 to take down a #1, maybe next year!

J
Brace
Brace
J
I'm with Jack on this one, it is either really amusing or very, very sad that we posted this many posts in a 24 hour period. I am honored to be a co-champion....maybe.....we'll have to see if there are any more twists. GO IRMO!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Nah..no more twists..the weekend is coming up..i won't have time for stories..

brace
brace
I vote for very sad, but either way it was done well. Good job Jack!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Thank you..thank you.. I'll be coming out with a collection of short stories sometime this summer.

hat-trick
hat-trick
jack, i think we all know that i don't drink. And I am very shocked that you found out about my escapade with shearer, but i do want to (for the record) explain that the alcohol in my system was due to the mouthwash that i swallowed this morning. He was drinking but I turned him down. It sucks that I'm grounded cause I can't provide as much imformation of soccer games from around the midlands.

coach
coach
This is a bunch of crap! I lost to the schoolboy benp lippen?? I hope I run into him at a soocer game soon. How disgraceful! I am gonna crawl back inside my hole.......

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
They're letting you post this late at night 2004stroke? Shouldn't you be resting?!

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Dude...I was shocked and honored that I was included in the competition. Taking on a second job has cut into my posting time...so I can understand the 1st round defeat to Voice of Reason. Awesome job creating and executing this tourney! I always enjoy your posts, and this has created a pleasant diversion for me. Keep up the good work...

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

hat-trick
hat-trick
will it be I that moves this topic into page 8?

dangit, guess not.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
mbsocfan.. no thanks necessary.. just do what you can..

and..congratulations.. on using the edit feature everyone!

Edit: ..is this the 8th page you were looking for Ben?

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
LEDude --

Thanks for another wonderful all too brief diverting voyage through pure folly. Glad to be able to play the straight man. You have a gift for this. What is you major again?

lpaf
(beach of the crazy women)

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Technically Political Science.. switching to Communications.. aspire to be a writer/bum. Go figure...(though my topic of choice is not farcical posting tournaments)

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
You have a gift. Go with it.

lpaf

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Anyone like Vonnegut? ..he's more my style.. FYI. I'll do my best.

hat-trick
hat-trick
i was quite close, huh jack?

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
LED --

I'm a Vonnegut fan myself...

lpaf

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
you was close benp... you coulda been a contender...

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by benp:
i was quite close, huh jack?

..yes you were..but not "quite close" enough..

I don't really understand why Slaughterhouse Five isn't still required reading. That book blew me away..and we were reading stuff like Cold Sassy Tree or Hortishland in English..what a disgrace!

Before I get carried away..I should probably hit the sack.. Spanish 8AM..can't sleep through it again..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
read layer cake. then you will have a danny.

coach
coach
Now we are discussing Vonnegut? In a soccer forum?
I have just been denied my rightful ascendancy to the throne of the 'Cup' by the punk schoolboy benp lippen, and you people are discussing Vonnegut!!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
..we're just on another level my crippled friend. Best of luck to a speedy recovery!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Are you threatening me? Or have you been in a coma so long that you haven't heard the news?

coach
coach
What news?

B
goal
goal
B
Do some research.

coach
coach
Research what?

coach
coach
Oh Nooo!!! I googled Johnnie and he ain't there no mo. Do you think I can get Michael Jackson's attorney to take my case against LE Dude?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
..you might have a better shot with Robert Blake's attorney.

..get it.. "shot"..Robert Blake.. aha..ha..

anything?

B
goal
goal
B
Depends. Are you saying your case is more like OJ's, or Michael's. I note your reference to the "school boy", so maybe it is more like Mike.

coach
coach
I guess my lawsuit would be more like Tanya Harding's, cause my W. Florence goons may want to do some clubbing below the knees. And one point of clarification LE Dudeman, is this 'Posters League Cup' that benp lippen won an actual oversized athletic Cup?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:
I guess my lawsuit would be more like Tanya Harding's, cause my W. Florence goons may want to do some clubbing below the knees. And one point of clarification LE Dudeman, is this 'Posters League Cup' that benp lippen won an actual oversized athletic Cup?

Your eyesight must be failing bro.. Ben P. Lippen didn't win the Cup.. and.. actually..

The co-champs Soccerboy, Steak $11.95, and Auburn University..get to split this beautiful Cup..

The Poster's League would like to thank its corporate sponsor Dixie Inc. for its generous donation.

J
Brace
Brace
J
I only want the cup if it is full of Bass Ale!

coach
coach
$11.95 Steak? Soccerboy? These guys are punks. Where do they live?? My boys need to do some clubbing tonite.

P
throw in
throw in
P
L E Dude,

I read some books by Kurt Vonnegut in college and liked them alot, too. My favorite part about him was that he created another author named "Kilgore Trout" inside some of his books. This Trout always had ideas for books even crazier than Vonnegut himself. He really published one book called "Venus on the Halfshell" under Kilgore Trout's name, when he probably could have sold a lot more copies if he had just said it was a Kurt Vonnegut book. Slaughterhouse Five was good too, and the hero had the same last name as me. Sorry to go off into literature in a thread that doesn't really have anything to do with science fiction but you brought it up in the first place.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
quote:
Originally posted by L-E Dude:

The co-champs Soccerboy, Steak $11.95, and Auburn University..get to split this beautiful Cup..

The Poster's League would like to thank its corporate sponsor Dixie Inc. for its generous donation. [/QB]

now THAT made me laugh out loud!! I just got a mental picture of you taking a picture of that cup!!

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Surely there's another Kurt Vonnegut fan out there aching to comment on the writer's work?

lpaf

ps: Chico would have gone all the way.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
..no one laughed at my Robert Blake joke.. [Frown]

..and.. for anyone looking to better themselves.. pick up Vonnegut's - Cat's Cradle or Slaughterhouse Five..

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
G'night, Jack. Keep 'em straight in Tiger Town.

lpaf

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Will do Mr. BOLT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the championship teams:
4A: South Aiken, 3A: Eastside, 2A: BE, 1A: Academic Magnet

goal
goal
Hunter got in on this discussion late. He actually mentioned something about real soccer games [Confused] .

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
I would just like to say that Hunter Chattam did a good job picking winners go dude

Brace
Brace
The VOR team celebrated their first round victory in true old school fashion... one guy on the team carried a boom box on his shoulder as a couple of guys break danced and everyone drank "new" Coke.

Training for our next round game will include circuit training.... Station 1: a Cheers and Cosby Show marathon; Station 2: a showing of Top Gun and Rocky 1-3; Station 3: 8-bit Nintendo. For refreshmants, we will be eating Little Cesars "2 for 1" pizza and drinking RC Cola.

coach
coach
Why are you posting this in last year's PLC thread? But no matter, just watch out for benp and his paintballers. He has been knocked out of the competition and will be out to get revenge against all others left in the GRAND QUEST OF THE HOLY CUP! I heard a rumor that he may even recruit Chuckie to hurl dung-like material with his trusty sling-shot at those still in training. Be prepared!!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard