Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
hat-trick
hat-trick
i think that south aiken will lose to ben lippen in the state championship.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Ben..what the CRAP are you talking about?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Here we go..

When we last left off the brackets stood as follows:

Old Skool Division
#10 Lowerstate4A vs #2 L-E Dude
#3 the voice of reason vs #7 Soccerboy

Cross Division Match
#6 www.R1C.com vs #1 laplageauxfolles

New School Division
#2 Shearer vs #8 Bear
#7 2004striker vs #6 benp

Since then there have been many shocking developments. Strap yourselves in for the conclusion of the Poster's League Championship.

Old Skool Division 2nd Round
In a surprisingly close one L-E Dude slipped past Lowerstate4A.. Through dominance in all statistical categories and with the aid of what is regarded as "The Best Entrance" in the State..L-E Dude was able to thwart Lowerstate4A's efforts.

In a clash of scsoccer.com titans the voice of reason and Soccerboy met in hopes of moving on to the PLC semifinals. As the match wore on neither side showed signs of weakening..until Soccerboy, from the frozen tundra of Wisconsin delivered a fatal blow. As Hamil prepared to strike with some comment about Riverside's glory and prestige.. Soccerboy quickly reminded him of Irmo's 15 state championships..defenseless the voice of reason..could find no reason to continue..and promptly admitted defeat.

Cross Divison Match
Due to the odd number of participants in each bracket..a Cross Division match was scheduled between the winner of Old Skool Bracket C and New School Bracket A. Coincidentaly..this paired up 800+ posting juggernauts laplageauxfolles and www.R1C.com from the women's forum.
As word reached the two parties they quickly informed the commission that they would both respectfully withdraw from competition..rather than be forced to do battle against eachother. The two were later spotted outside a Baskin Robins..with their hair in french braids and matching blouses. The PLC commission refused to comment on the situation.

New School Division 2nd Round
Though heavily intoxicated the crowd favorite Shearer was able to steal the win in his match with Bear. At every attempt Bear made to reply or interject..Shearer began pelting his counterpart with beer bottles, articles of clothing, and even a framed picture of 2004striker (in what some might say is a "compromising position")..though frowned upon..these tactics are acceptable under current PLC guidlines. However, after the incident there is talk of future rule changes.

In yet another bizarre 2nd round match benp was scheduled to face 2004striker. Sadly, suspicions that 2004striker had been fixing matches through the aid of Redneck League goons were confirmed. Ironically, his own goons..accompanied by an angry mob of Flora parents turned against him..when 2004 ran out of Moutain Dew and Skoal to pay his croonies with.. and the group of parents found out he'd been the only member of the Flora Futbol Council that was not voting to remove a coach every season. Hospital representatives say despite his various broken bones, bruises, and cigarette burns on his face and arms 2004striker is well enough to continue posting on these boards with a computer provided by the hospital. A source close to 2004 says, "It's the only thing that keeps him going..keeps him motivated..keeps him on the path to recovery." The PLC family wishes 2004striker to know..that we wish him our best!
 -

Poster's League Semi-Finals

Old Skool
L-E Dude vs Soccerboy

As day broke on the 3rd day of competition and Soccerboy prepared to face posting phenom L-E Dude he began doubting himself. It's only natural to question your character and preparation when faced with task of defeating a poster with a reputation such as L-E Dude's.. Just as the match was scheduled to begin..Soccerboy turned to run back home..(perhaps to flip through a photoalbum and cry at the thought of his good times on Harbison Blvd.)..but before he could leave..he received word that L-E Dude would have to forfeit the match due to a faulty alarm clock. Truly a tragedy, L-E Dude..who without such a blunder was sure to take the Cup!

New School
Shearer vs benp

Apparently, after their victories in the 2nd round Shearer and benp decided to celebrate together. In the early hours of this morning..PLC officials were notified by Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott, that Shearer was under arrest for aiding the illegal intoxication of a minor with intent to do all sorts of bad things. And yes..that is a direct quote! Subsequently the disqualification of Shearer was voted on and agreed upon. As for our beloved benp.. all the PLC could obtain as to his whereabouts.. is that his mother says he was a very bad boy..and has been grounded for the rest of his life. But mother knows best..and the Poster's League always has a back-up plan.

With the disqualification of both New School Division semi-finalists..PLC officials invited pre-tournament champion Steak $11.95 to battle Soccerboy..so that a true Poster's League Champion could be named.

Unfortunately, as the match was about to begin..rain clouds moved in.. it rained for days and days and no re-match could ever be scheduled. Reluctantly, Poster's League officials named Soccerboy and Steak $11.95 2004-2005 co-champions..oh yeah.. they also let Auburn be co-champs..because they deserve SOMETHING!

..the end.

or is it...

(stay tuned for Indoor League action..coming soon...)

For the skeptics and cynics, here is further proof that I don't just make this stuff up!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
I don't think you guys know how funny it is for me..I originally intended lagplaf and R1C to bow out..like chumps.. and then lagflap throws out this gem!

Edit: And by "I" I mean the PLC commission...

quote:
Originally posted by laplageauxfolles:
L-E Dude --

It is with great honor and humility that I note my inclusion in the round of 20 for the PCL Championship. Heaven knows I've trained hard for this competition over the last three years. I am equally pleased at dispatching the likeable but cocky newcomer, H66, in the first round. He deserves his fate.

I cannot however in good faith move forward into the round of 10 against my good buddy from the Electric City, R!C. He has had a very troubled last several months as manifested by a series of serious identity problems and as a result could not have taken the appropriate time to train himself. But more importantly, I cannot in good conscience agree to a cyber fight to the death with my friend. Captain Kirk wouldn't do it to Spock, Tonto declined to fight the Lone Ranger, and Ginger Rogers and Fred Astair never competed in dance off.

If forced into the cyber arena with www.R1c.com I will walk to the middle of the ring, set aside my mouse and keyboard, kneel and extend my neck for the coup de grace, thus allowing R!C to move unscathed into the next round.

lpaf

ps: Chico's loss to benp must have been rigged. Never in a million years...

I'd also like to say..that..95 posts in less than 48 hours has to be some sort of awesome record..or.. just really sad on our part..

world cup
world cup
I picked the wrong couple of days to work in the field and be away from the computer.

Great stuff!

lpaf, you suck......I didn't lay down like a lamb. It's tough for a #10 to take down a #1, maybe next year!

J
Brace
Brace
J
I'm with Jack on this one, it is either really amusing or very, very sad that we posted this many posts in a 24 hour period. I am honored to be a co-champion....maybe.....we'll have to see if there are any more twists. GO IRMO!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Nah..no more twists..the weekend is coming up..i won't have time for stories..

brace
brace
I vote for very sad, but either way it was done well. Good job Jack!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Thank you..thank you.. I'll be coming out with a collection of short stories sometime this summer.

hat-trick
hat-trick
jack, i think we all know that i don't drink. And I am very shocked that you found out about my escapade with shearer, but i do want to (for the record) explain that the alcohol in my system was due to the mouthwash that i swallowed this morning. He was drinking but I turned him down. It sucks that I'm grounded cause I can't provide as much imformation of soccer games from around the midlands.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard