Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wando is a very strong team, they have many players who are and will go to college to play soccer. There only problem is they can easily lose the mental game. If they get down early, watch out for an upset!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tigerman-
I wondered about what your personal vendetta against Wando is all about...but now i think i've got it. Im pretty sure youre a graduated DF player who is still bitter about your loss to the Warriors in the playoffs last year...maybe i'm wrong...but whatever the case, get off their case man. You started with bashing Newton, who by the way is a quality, class guy, on and off the field. Then, you fire shots at the whole squad saying theyre over rated...man this is just what those boys need to get them up to play...hope Valley is ready because after reading all this, im sure Wando will be

C
kick off
kick off
C
quote:
Then, you fire shots at the whole squad saying theyre over rated...man this is just what those boys need to get them up to play...hope Valley is ready because after reading all this, im sure Wando will be.

I think you're right.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Wando has proven they are a powerhouse in the state? Did you see the Norman North game that Wando played in? They got destroyed by a good team. Norman North is not unstopable, they had something like 12 seniors graduate last year. Wando should have been able to at least hang with them instead of being blown out by three goals. All that I can say is that Wando is over-rated. They are only rated as high as they are due to their name, and past record over the years. I just don't think that Wando has been impressive this year by any account. Lets look at the games down the stretch.....

Wando is on an 8 game winning streak. They have scored 31 goals, and have had 1 goal scored against them. If we take it out to 15 games....they have a record of 14-1, with 56 goal for and 7 goals against. Against ranked teams, they are 5-0 with 8 goals for and 3 goals against.

Irmo is on a 13 game winning streak. If we only go back 8 games, they have scored 37 goals for, and have allowed 1 goal against. At 15 games, their record is 14-1, with 55 goals for, and 6 goals against. Against ranked teams they are 7-1, with 16 goals for, and 5 goals against. They closed the season out with 5 of 7 matches against ranked opponents. During those games, they scored 34 goals for, and only had 1 goal scored against them.

I just don't see Wando being able to hang with the good region 5 teams. The region 5 teams have had many more good games to prepare them for the playoffs.

coach
coach
This whole thread is about will Wando get past Sv. Thats a no-brainer, because of their strong defense, and SV inability to score. But they will be stopped by Irmo.

C
kick off
kick off
C
I feel as if no one should make assumptions as it is the playoffs and anything can happen. How do we know Irmo will beat Summerville. Or some number 1 seed wont get knocket out first round.

W
goal
goal
W
Soccerboy,

Did you happen to see see NN at the Palmetto Cup? I did. Up close and personal. Just so you will know, their Coach (Bryan Young) said the ten minute span vs Wando was the best NN had played in three years. They would have put three by ANY team in SC that day. Yes they did graduate a bunch of Srs, but they still have an "arsenal" of talent. Jr Jimmy Anderson is being recruited by USC Clemson and Coastal. Not to mention Tulsa. So lets not down play just how good NN really is.

Wando and Irmo are great programs. Should be a battle. Is that game at Irmo or at Wando?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since Wando is number 1 seeded, they will have home-field advatage through the play-offs..

J
Brace
Brace
J
It will be at Wando due to seeding. As for SV not being able to score, they put three in the back of the net in the final six minutes against DF.....I would say that they can score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think someone who will play a huge role in this game is Wando's foreign ex-change student.. He will dominate the bench!!

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard