Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#26626 04/23/05 10:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are all players treated the same for the same violation and are the rules enforced regardless of playing the number one team in the state or a team that hasn't won a game?

#26627 04/24/05 06:04 PM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I would have to agree with Anthony on this one. If a coach knows from the get-go that there are going to be conflicts then he should let the player know in the beginning the exact consequences if there are to be any. I was in a play as well and told my coach before he made cuts for our team.I told him that if it was going to be a problem, i needed to know, and what my consequences were to be. He knew I had to miss 3 games, and exactly which ones they were. He said it might affect a little playing time, but not much. So after missing the 3rd game, he not only benched me for an entire game, but it was our last season game against our rivals, and its my senior year. Whats worse is no one on my team had balls enough to step up and say anything, which, I don't know if I would either, and it seemed no one was really on my side. THe coach said, "will only affect some playing time, not much", but to miss one of the most vital games of my senior year really sucked. So I think if things are pre-arranged then the player should be informed of the consequences before-hand as well.

#26628 04/24/05 06:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
you're a moron jared....can we get a humility check please?
I have more goals than you Alicruzco(Mason). so you dont have that much room to talk. Maybe one day one of yall will score, until then breeya.

#26629 04/25/05 12:29 AM
F
goal kick
goal kick
F
I personally think the mom should have gone to the coach and told him that she was running late and that it was her fault for her son's late arrival. This would hopefully raise some of the punishment off the keeper's shoulders. It wasn't the keeper's fault for not getting to the field on time. One of ya'll said that he could have gotten a ride from another player. What if that player was running late? should the keeper be punished for this? If the keeper can't drive, he can't be held responsible for getting to practice late if it isn't his fault. Plus, i think the coach should have allowed 10 minutes for the kid, as long as immediately after the keeper got there, he started warming up, not sitting around and waiting to put his gear on and slowly beginning to start.

#26630 04/25/05 04:38 AM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Doesn't matter man, you're one of the cockiest people I have ever met, and you talk like your unbelievable. I might not have scored yet, but I play on the left, when I'm used to playing on the right AND I have missed 4 games this season, so give me break. I'm sure others will agree with me, so let others brag on you, don't build yourself up, you just end up looking and seeming like jerk...just looking out for your rep.

#26631 04/25/05 03:27 PM
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Interesting posts...My view is, whether a coach chooses to be lenient or strict..it is his choice how he handles his program and players AND parents need to comply and support his decisions, otherwise chaos will ensue. On the coaches end..he needs to be consistent. On the Mom's end..when she saw she was running late...she needed to call in re-enforcements. Assuming her son was dressed and ready to go...someone needed to be there to get him to the game on time. I would have to side with the coach's decision...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard