Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
#27057 04/26/05 12:35 AM
A
bench
bench
A
I'd like to say something about that Wade Hampton vs. Bamberg game. Bamberg scored first and held the lead through 70 minutes of the game. Then Wade Hampton scored for the first time to tie it up (1-1). Then at the end it was still tied so we went into "Golden Goal" (10 more minutes of playing time). After that it was STILL TIED. Then we went into PK's and we lost, but we gave Hampton more than a run for their money. THEY KNEW WE WERE THERE, AND WE SHOWED EM' WHAT A 1A TEAM (who apparently was bad according to 05Sting2) CAN DO! We played better against them than anyone else in their "2a" region.

#27058 04/26/05 12:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, but isn't OT in SCSoccer "Silver Goal", not Golden Goal....it's not sudden death.

#27059 04/26/05 01:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We did beat yall 4-0 last year, I mean have yall really improved that much???

#27060 04/26/05 02:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally, I look at who you play (win or lose) more than overall record. Playing those tougher opponents will better prepare you for playoffs. Last year we finished the regular season 13-11 with 8 of our losses coming to highly ranked 3A and 4A teams. We were barely over .500, but because of the schedule we received the 3rd seed. Consequently all those games helped prepare us for the playoffs and we made it to Upperstate only to lose to eventual champions, Emerald. In order to get those higher seeds, you need to convince your coach to schedule those other teams. We were always seeded in the 5-8 range until we started traveling and playing "the big boys". Since then we have been in the 2nd and 3rd seeded area. I congratulate WH, Edisto, Barnwell, and SB on their seasons. Thye have won alot of games, but I just don't think it is enough right now. I see BE at #1 with Hanahan and Waccamaw at 2 or 3 (I'm not sure which goes where yet) with AJ, WH, SB, Edisto, and Barnwell falling in line (not sure of where). I'm sure someone is going to come on and blast me, but that is my opinion.
As for Upperstate: #1-Emerald, #2 Walhalla, #3 Pendleton, followed by (again in no particular order) Saluda, Palmetto, West Oak, Gilbert, Woodruff, Broome, etc.

#27061 04/26/05 02:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the record before someone says something, when I say I look at who you play (win or lose) before overall record, I'm not saying an 0-18 team would be seeder higher than a 15-4 team. A few games difference in record is not as important to me.

#27062 04/26/05 03:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You couldn't be more correct about getting out and scheduling the toughest opponents possible, especially within classification. Along with being a big help with this seeding mess every year and the controversy surrounding it, a team will be much better off in the playoffs having gotten on the road and played some quality opponents, even in 3A and 4A. Emerald was fortunate to host Northwestern this year, and is lucky to have a good 4A program a few miles away to experience fast-play, physical matches on a regular basis. Pendleton is a prime example in the past 3 seasons of how much a team can prosper through proper scheduling.

#27063 04/26/05 04:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't Hanahan and Waccamaw split? And wouldn't that in case go to common opponents? In which case, Hanahan lost 3-0 to Pendleton who Waccamaw beat 2-1, Waccamaw also lost 1-0 to BE while Hanahan lost 5-0 and 3-1...in which case Hanahan doesn't have much of a case unless you break down even more before common opponents and go to goal diffential which still is 4-4, the point is, based on that Hanahan doesn't have much of a case for a seed over Waccamaw...but it all comes down to seeding day and is ultimately up to those 5 or 6 coaches who decide.

#27064 04/26/05 04:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct, the case between Hanahan and Waccamaw is a toss up. It would depend on how you want to look at head to head. They did split, but Hanahan won in regulation whereas Waccamaw won in pks. Is winning in regulation better than winning in pks? Or is a win a win in head to head competition? To me, very little difference there. The common opponents would appear to give Waccamaw the advantage.

#27065 04/26/05 05:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the chances of Ware Shoals beating Christ Church????

#27066 04/26/05 11:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody can schedule hard teams and lose, its how you fair against the good teams that SHOULD matter to the committee. I know you are on the committe, and I assume you have never seen Wade Hampton, Barnwell, Silver Bluff, or Edisto play. I also do not believe that anyone else on the committee has seen them play either. I agree with you that strength of schedule is important, but so is winning. To me is does not say much for teams who play tough competition and lose. That is a tough and competitive region, and every game is a battle because of the rivalry. Teams who win those games should get a more serious look than teams who LOSE their competitive games.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard