#27117 05/02/05 04:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Also it really did'nt even seem like the guys from CC broke a sweat in the state championship game last year.
I don't like to get on here that much and talk about the past, but I guess I'll start with GOOB. You're one to talk. Dixie has fallen short to SCS how many games, heck, how many years in a row now? You said you thought CC didn't break a sweat...are you insinuating you were there? If you were, I know it had to be hot in the stands, I know it was ON THE FIELD.

DCA, As much stuff as you have said about Postseason 04, preseason 05, and the reg. season this year, this is the year SSC would be able to beat CC. Granted you still have one more chance to prove yourselves, but from what I hear, CC's ready for the playoffs, which is bad news for the Upperstate 1A. I think it's about time to walk the walk.

After the seedings were out last year, everyone picked Buford to lose each game before they were played. Some picked Blackville to win Lowerstate, some picked GSSM (who lost to Buford twice). Fact is, Buford went to the state championship and deserved every right to be there. Although I wish we would have won, it was a great honor to say I was there two years in a row.

I'm not sure if Tomek played in the Upper State finals...he only played against SSC ONCE last year. No, he didn't play against Buford. However, to say no one broke a sweat, is a slap in the face. I know the 1A game didn't provide nearly as much excitement as the other games, but I'm sure it would have been worse if SSC or Dixie would have played them.

EHSdefender, the reason you didn't recognize anyone is b/c Wilcox put in the subs midway in the second half. Good luck on the engineering final tomorrow.

DCA, Goob, I wish the both of you luck in the playoffs this week. Hopefully if your teams play Thursday, it will be a great game. I just ask that you don't bash any Lowerstate teams a/b the state championships until you guys reach one yourselves.

#27118 05/02/05 04:19 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
I was at the 1A match last year (the last 3 years actually) and I wouldn't dare say CC didn't break a sweat in ANY of those three matches.

Blackville was able to make some runs into the CC defense (very fast runs)..
And Buford (i thought) did a decent job of keeping the ball more in the mid...

I won't lie.. CC probably had the W before those matches even started..but I think our 1A PUBLIC schools are to be commended for their efforts. And yeah..it was ridiculously hot in the stands as well..

#27119 05/02/05 04:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well we usually play lower state teams so i know they are good. But look at it this way we beat BHHS. They seemed to be right on the same level as both Buford and GSSM. But Dixie and SCS were on the same level as well. Then in the upper state CC beat SCS by a good deal so i still think that CC was more than two goals better than Buford.

#27120 05/02/05 04:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And just let me make it clear that i am obviously a promoter of public schools and i would love to see a public school beat CC. I just try to face the obvious that CC has over the past few years been completely dominant in 1A. Hopefully that will chnage this year.

#27121 05/02/05 05:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Striker33- Granted I haven't played any lowerstate teams, but simply judging by games that they've played and other variants I have plenty of evidence to say that the only team that's good this year in lowerstate is AM. (For 1A)
1) Buford was 1st in the state last year in lowerstate. This year they moved up to upperstate and they aren't even on the map. They are like a 5 seed in the upperstate bracket.
2)Games that 1A lowerstate teams have lost to bad teams. Lincoln losing to Andrews.
3)Lack of playing any difficult teams, other than Wade Hampton-H.
All of these things factor in to my comments. Also, I don't think we're expecting to just come out and walk all over Dixie, but if we can get through that game then I don't think we're going into CC knowing that we're gonna lose and I don't think they're going into the game knowing they're gonna win. It was a 1-0 game last time (same score as the AM vs. CC game) so it's not gonna be a stompin. Christ Church is playing very well right now though and they're ready to beat anybody so I can't promise anything.

#27122 05/03/05 04:22 AM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Chelsea - First off you say to DCA to start walking the walk...last time I checked you haven't beat CC either so you can hop off your high horse pal, cuz obviously you haven't done much to prove anything either. CC beat AM 1-0, CC beat SSC 1-0, SSC can compete...its no question. Are they a good team? Absolutely! But so is Southside. The arguements over the past few years have always been whether or not Buford could compete with upperstate teams. Funny, if Buford is so much better, why aren't they ranked, while SSC is 3rd in state...AND why are they 5th seed. Not as good as whatcha thought, huh? Yeah, I'm sure yer gonna say, "Yeah but we lost 8 seniors last year," well it sure didn't shut you up as to how good you supposedly were. All DCA said was, if there has ever been a chance at SSC beating CC...this would be the year. he didn't say we WERE gonna win....so "walking the walk", isn't exactly what i'd go around saying....especially when the team you USED to play for can't even get in the rankings.

#27123 05/03/05 04:39 AM
B
kick off
kick off
B
I blame coaching. That new coach for Buford is positively horrible.

He lost four key seniors representing 77 goals, starts a lineup that is about 75 percent ninth graders or first time players(!), has a talent pool consisting solely of a rural farming community and yet he can't compete with a fully funded religious school that can draw its talent, incessantly, from whomever it desires? Get rid of that bum.

How did he and his team ever make it into the playoffs anyway? I mean, wasn't he locked out of the I A playoff seedings meeting?

-----

In other, slightly more serious news, Chelsea is a much better player and much less grammatically challenged than any of you rubes. Whenever you've proven yourself through time and toil after these playoffs, then come and talk to us about your accomplishments and where you rank in this sweet sport. Until that time and if that time never comes, continue to ponder just how to press the apostrophe button for conjunctions (look it up) and the complex world of proper preposition usage. These two, alone, should keep you far divorced from the land of Smacktalkia, at least until summer's end.

#27124 05/03/05 04:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well if your basing everything on that then Dixie lost 9 seniors as well. seven of which were starters, two were all-state, one was region MVP. So you really can't blame everything on a large graduating class because the hornets are rolling strong even after the loss of a huge graduating class!!!

#27125 05/03/05 04:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to disagree with the post of BHHS overlooking GSSM last year in the 2nd round, thats totally way off point. In fact, we were worried about only two teams keeping us from getting to the finals and those two teams were Buford and GSSM. I think the game was very competitive and hard fought and the game was decicded in golden goal with about + or - 30 secs left to play out, so before you(Chelsea) say that a team overlooked someone how about bring some prove to back it up.

Now this year, i dont know what the world is going on with the 1a lower state seedings, i mean i disagree with them but the committee(s) thought otherwise. I think(and hope) that we have a chance to make a deep run and with the way the bracket is set up, i think that AM has the most favorable road to take to get to the finals. But back to the point, i agree with AM and GSSM being the top 2 seeds but 3-5 was just had me in awe. I thought that either us or Lincoln deserved the #3 and then Bamberg would be #5, but it makes no sense to whine so ill stop right there and play the games as they come so good luck and stay healthy to all the teams and may all the games have great finishes.

#27126 05/03/05 04:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuse me for my mistake in the first paragraph, i meant to say bring "PROOF" to back it up and not prove.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard