Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#27037 04/24/05 11:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any guesses on how the brackets will look? Also, why didn't the 2A rankings change for this week?

#27038 04/24/05 11:40 PM
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
i was wondering the same thing

#27039 04/25/05 01:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know why the 2A rankings didn't change?

#27040 04/25/05 05:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i guess bc there was no reason for them to...the only losses in the top 10 were consistent with last weeks rankings, and they weren't too bad of beatings.

#27041 04/25/05 05:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dude....EGS you go to clemson?

#27042 04/25/05 02:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are just guesses on the top Eight seeds.
1-Emerald, 2-Walhalla, 3-Pendleton, 4-Batesburg-Leesville, 5- Saluda, 6- Gilbert, 7-Broome, 8-West Oak. B-L and Saluda will be determined when they play the 26th.
Lower state-
1-BE, 2-Wade Hampton, 3-Waccamaw, 4-Andrew Jackson, 5-Barnwell, 6-Silver Bluff, 7-Hanahan, 8-Edisto
Barnwell is not ranked and S.B. and hanahan are. Hanahan could move to 5 and BWell to 6. But BWell came in 2nd in the region and S.B. third, so S.B. should not be seeded higher. Again these are just guesses.

#27043 04/25/05 02:58 PM
S
kick off
kick off
S
Drave,

I am not all that familiar with the upper state play but your lower state guesses are a bit off.

There's not way Wade Hampton will get the #2 seed....you have to look at strength of schedule and Wade Hampton loses in that department. Hanahan and Waccamaw play much more quality teams and will therefore probably get the #2 and #3 seed respectively with maybe WH getting the 4th seed. Even AJ plays a pretty competitive schedule so they may get in before WH as well.

#27044 04/25/05 03:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The thing with Wade Hampton is they have a hard region schedule. Edisto, Barnwell, and Silver Bluff have all been ranked this year and should all be top 8 lower state teams. Hampton has beaten all of them twice. Waccamaw beat AJ, Pendleton, and Hanahan once. Hanahan hasnt done anything except beat Waccamaw once. Strength of schedule is important, but you also must win some of those games as well. Hanahan may end up as a .500 team, with only one quality win to its name. AJ hasnt beaten anyone either. There wins are against bad 1A schools, bad AA schools, bad and mediocre AAA schools, and two wins against AAAA schools who get their wins against those same bad A and AA schools. Atleast with the region with WH, Bwell, SB, and Edisto, you can see how they faired against quality AA teams.

#27045 04/25/05 03:52 PM
S
kick off
kick off
S
Waccamaw cannot seed higher than Hanahan due to head to head competition so Waccamaw should be #3 and Hanahan #2.

There's no way that your region is stronger than BE, Academic Magnet, and Myrtle Beach,and Pendleton. That's where strength of schedule comes in as a factor. Your record doesn't really mean too much when your playing average teams.....any coach can schedule games to have a good record. Most coaches want good competition.

#27046 04/26/05 04:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But you also got to take in the effect that teams like AJ,WH, and Waccamaw consistenly get those higher seeds over the years. so that goes into the deciding too. As far as the scheduling goes.. some teams cannot get those good teams to play them. I know in AJ's case, their are very few teams that are good in the surrounding area. That is a big problem when scheduling comes around. Drave's orininal seedings were pretty correct with hanahan being 5 then barnwell then SB and the upper state prediction is a good one too

#27047 04/26/05 04:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
original not orininal..my bad

#27048 04/26/05 04:28 AM
S
kick off
kick off
S
I don't know what you mean when saying that certain teams get higher seeds over the years....how does that decide who gets seeded this year? Really 4 things go into deciding, overall record, strength of schedule, head to head, common opponents head to head. What difference does it make as far as last year's seeding?

If you cannot schedule teams to come to you, then you need to make your schedule so you can go to them. AJ may just need to schedule tougher teams but go to their place to play.

Seedings for lower state should look like this....

#1 BE
#2 Hanahan
#3 Waccamaw
#4 WH
#5 Barnwell

#27049 04/26/05 04:30 AM
Brace
Brace
Academic Magnet should be the 1A Lower State #1 seed without question as Christ Church is in the Upper State. Lincoln needs to play a better schedule in order to get a better feel for how good they really are, but a 7 goal loss to AM tells me alot right there. I'm hoping for an AM/CC final.

#27050 04/25/05 05:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interested coach, what team do you coach?

#27051 04/25/05 05:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lower State 1A

#1 AM
#2 Lincoln
#3 GS
#4 Bamberg
#5 Blackville

The number 4 & 5 will be decided after the game coming up this week.

#27052 04/25/05 05:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree....but putting GS as the 2nd seed ...They haven't made the Lower State final 2 years in a row for nothing. I just think they've played stiffer competition than Lincoln. Not taking anything away from Lincoln's season by any means....but I think Gov. School deserves the 2nd seed.

#27053 04/25/05 07:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks interestedcoach for giving us some credit as we should have won twice and Wade Hampton has played no one outside of their region. None of those teams are that good, because they play close game with bamberg who was terrible last year and we beat them 4-0 easily. However, I do not know anything about Wade Hampton seeing as how they have not played any one else, but I would not think they are as strong as Hanahan or Waccamaw.

#27054 04/25/05 08:05 PM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I think I might have to agree with Chelsea Blues. Lincoln might be a decent team but hasn't really played anyone to prove it. They have played the #1 seed (which is #1 in 1A) for lower state twice and couldn't hang with them either time. GSSM has a stronger schedule but the 4 losses hurt. I think if Lincoln drops a game this week (which they probably will against Hanahan) GSSM should move back into the #5 spot and seeded #2.

#27055 04/25/05 10:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
interested coach- you said four factors go into deciding seeding. Overall record, strength of schedule, head to head, and common opponents. Wade Hampton, Bwell, S.B., did not play the teams from Waccamaw and hanahan. NOr did they play common opponents. So u have to look at overall record adn strength of schedule. WH has a better record, and a very hard schedule. Hanahan has a hard schedule, but like I said only won ONE of those games. My opinion is it is better, and should count for more, to win those tough region games, than to lose games. Wade Hampton and Barnwell have played tough games and have a high winning percentage, Hanahan is a .500 team which has lost all but one tough game.

#27056 04/25/05 10:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also, Andrew Jackson has beaten anyone either! Seedings should look like this
1. BE, 2. Waccamaw, 3. Wade Hampton, 4. Barnwell, 5. Andrew Jackson, 6. Hanahan, 7. Silver Bluff, 8. Edisto. Since the coaches for Andrew Jackson and Waccamaw are on the committe it will look like this.
1. BE, 2.Waccamaw, 3. Hanahan/A.J. 4. Hanahan/A.J., 5.WH, 6. Barnwell, 7.S.B, 8.Edisto

#27057 04/26/05 12:35 AM
A
bench
bench
A
I'd like to say something about that Wade Hampton vs. Bamberg game. Bamberg scored first and held the lead through 70 minutes of the game. Then Wade Hampton scored for the first time to tie it up (1-1). Then at the end it was still tied so we went into "Golden Goal" (10 more minutes of playing time). After that it was STILL TIED. Then we went into PK's and we lost, but we gave Hampton more than a run for their money. THEY KNEW WE WERE THERE, AND WE SHOWED EM' WHAT A 1A TEAM (who apparently was bad according to 05Sting2) CAN DO! We played better against them than anyone else in their "2a" region.

#27058 04/26/05 12:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, but isn't OT in SCSoccer "Silver Goal", not Golden Goal....it's not sudden death.

#27059 04/26/05 01:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We did beat yall 4-0 last year, I mean have yall really improved that much???

#27060 04/26/05 02:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally, I look at who you play (win or lose) more than overall record. Playing those tougher opponents will better prepare you for playoffs. Last year we finished the regular season 13-11 with 8 of our losses coming to highly ranked 3A and 4A teams. We were barely over .500, but because of the schedule we received the 3rd seed. Consequently all those games helped prepare us for the playoffs and we made it to Upperstate only to lose to eventual champions, Emerald. In order to get those higher seeds, you need to convince your coach to schedule those other teams. We were always seeded in the 5-8 range until we started traveling and playing "the big boys". Since then we have been in the 2nd and 3rd seeded area. I congratulate WH, Edisto, Barnwell, and SB on their seasons. Thye have won alot of games, but I just don't think it is enough right now. I see BE at #1 with Hanahan and Waccamaw at 2 or 3 (I'm not sure which goes where yet) with AJ, WH, SB, Edisto, and Barnwell falling in line (not sure of where). I'm sure someone is going to come on and blast me, but that is my opinion.
As for Upperstate: #1-Emerald, #2 Walhalla, #3 Pendleton, followed by (again in no particular order) Saluda, Palmetto, West Oak, Gilbert, Woodruff, Broome, etc.

#27061 04/26/05 02:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the record before someone says something, when I say I look at who you play (win or lose) before overall record, I'm not saying an 0-18 team would be seeder higher than a 15-4 team. A few games difference in record is not as important to me.

#27062 04/26/05 03:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You couldn't be more correct about getting out and scheduling the toughest opponents possible, especially within classification. Along with being a big help with this seeding mess every year and the controversy surrounding it, a team will be much better off in the playoffs having gotten on the road and played some quality opponents, even in 3A and 4A. Emerald was fortunate to host Northwestern this year, and is lucky to have a good 4A program a few miles away to experience fast-play, physical matches on a regular basis. Pendleton is a prime example in the past 3 seasons of how much a team can prosper through proper scheduling.

#27063 04/26/05 04:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't Hanahan and Waccamaw split? And wouldn't that in case go to common opponents? In which case, Hanahan lost 3-0 to Pendleton who Waccamaw beat 2-1, Waccamaw also lost 1-0 to BE while Hanahan lost 5-0 and 3-1...in which case Hanahan doesn't have much of a case unless you break down even more before common opponents and go to goal diffential which still is 4-4, the point is, based on that Hanahan doesn't have much of a case for a seed over Waccamaw...but it all comes down to seeding day and is ultimately up to those 5 or 6 coaches who decide.

#27064 04/26/05 04:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct, the case between Hanahan and Waccamaw is a toss up. It would depend on how you want to look at head to head. They did split, but Hanahan won in regulation whereas Waccamaw won in pks. Is winning in regulation better than winning in pks? Or is a win a win in head to head competition? To me, very little difference there. The common opponents would appear to give Waccamaw the advantage.

#27065 04/26/05 05:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the chances of Ware Shoals beating Christ Church????

#27066 04/26/05 11:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody can schedule hard teams and lose, its how you fair against the good teams that SHOULD matter to the committee. I know you are on the committe, and I assume you have never seen Wade Hampton, Barnwell, Silver Bluff, or Edisto play. I also do not believe that anyone else on the committee has seen them play either. I agree with you that strength of schedule is important, but so is winning. To me is does not say much for teams who play tough competition and lose. That is a tough and competitive region, and every game is a battle because of the rivalry. Teams who win those games should get a more serious look than teams who LOSE their competitive games.

#27067 04/26/05 01:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct I have never seen any of those teams play. In looking at their schedule, not many people have. They only play each other, including in tournaments, and many of their non conference games are against 1A schools. Competition within a region is all relative. There should be tough battles and rivalries in every region. Over the years we've had tough games with Palmetto and West Oak, does that mean our region is one of the toughest in 2A and those teams are deserving of high seeds? According to the schedules region 3 has had some close games with Emerald, Batesburg, Saluda, Mid Carolina. Does that mean their region is the toughest in 2A? It's not all about your region competition. You need to step out of the region to show everyone you are deserving of the higher seeds. Schedule the teams that always get those playoff positions and earn the right to be there. we never received high seeds despite winning 10 games a year until I changed my scheduling practices. We began to play the Emeralds, Waccamaws, Academic Magnets, Senecas, Bishop Englands,Southside Christians, etc. Our level of play improved and we no longer lost in the first or second round of the playoffs. Those teams can make the same thing happen if they change how they schedule games.

#27068 04/26/05 01:44 PM
S
kick off
kick off
S
Well said Gary....

Drave, are you suggesting that coaches are going to be biased just because they were selected to be on the seeding committe? We're talking about some of the most reputable and respected HS coaches within the state. That comment was just plain ignorant.

#27069 04/26/05 01:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are making no sense Drave. The national 100m sprint champion doesn't claim a world championship if his race was close and the guy he beat was a rival. He goes to the Olympics and competes against every other nation.

#27070 04/26/05 02:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great analogy EHSdefender. I was trying to think of one myself but you said it prefectly.

#27071 04/26/05 02:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the coaches have great reputations, and I am sure they will do the best job that they can. What I am saying is by seeding you are trying to give them the path of least resistance to the championship. That includes the teams you play, where you play (home or away), and how far away you play. It is impossible to objectively seed teams when you have never seen them play. As far as competition, those four teams play each other twice in what is a difficult region. Other regions are Waccamaw, Loris, Aynor, Mullins. Besides Waccamaw only one of those teams has a win. (according to eurosportscoreboard). Another region is BE, Hanahan, Andrews, Garrett Tech. YEs BE is a tough game for Hanahan, but that is it as far as region competition is concerned. Those teams do not have the competition that WH, BWell, SB, and Edisto have within their own region, so they should be out scheduling tough games. My point is teams should go out and schedule tough games, but how they fair in those games, WIN/LOSE, is what is important. Hanahan and Waccamaw have not faired well outside their region with the tough competition. With all due respect we will have to agree to disagree. The games on the field will tell the story. Good luck on Friday with the selection process.

#27072 04/26/05 03:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think wareshoals has a good chance against CC. all they have to do is score one goal early, then pack the 18, because CC cant finish inside the 18.

#27073 04/27/05 04:14 AM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
The chances of WS beating CC are 1-1000, so let's hope that game comes in a week or so.

#27074 04/26/05 06:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lincoln are you a Coach, PLayer, Fan what? I thought you were a coach. It is very unprofessional to whine and critize the integrity of someone you don't know. It can be compared to seeding teams you have not seen or common opponents they have played. Your last post seems to be an insult to myself and Coach Mohr. I have no idea who you are, but unlike your comments indicate I personally am a steward of the game and high school students. My main goal is to promote the game of soccer and develop my players to the best of their ability and develop them as productive young men. The games will be decided on the field and no one will care who is runner-up after May 14. You should concentrate on your on team and if they are as good as you say then they will take care of the results on the pitch. Please do not assume to know me are anything about me. This is not the place for a Coach to discuss such issues. That place would be at one of our Coaches asssociation meetings primarily the summer clinic. Your AD can nominate you next year and you can serve on the com. This board will not earn you respect. The quality of your program and the quality of the kids you help mold will do that. All the best and I look forward to putting a name with a face a some time in the future.

#27075 04/26/05 06:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forgot to sign my name
Brad Nickles
Emerald High School

#27076 04/26/05 07:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's an idea for all those teams that play in their little boxed area down in the lower portion of South Carolina...get your coach to make these deals with other AA coaches, like Pendleton, AJ, Waccamaw, Hanahan...for example: in 2006 make a deal with Pendleton where you go up there one weekend in the season and play Pendleton on Friday night and Walhalla that Saturday morning, in return in 2007 Pendleton comes to Wade-Hampton and plays them on Friday night and Barnwell on Saturday morning...thats how you play other AA teams and thats how you get recognized by the state and also how you receive a higher seeding come playoff time

#27077 04/27/05 02:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2A lowerstate seedings

1)BE 2) Waccamaw 3)Wade Hampton 4) Andrew Jackson
5)Hanahan 6)Barnwell 7)Silver Bluff 8)Edisto 9-? does not matter.
Waccamaw and AJ's coaches are on the committee and will not play an away game until it is their last option. Hanahan has been seen by Waccamaw's coach so he will give them the benfit of the doubt about being better than Barnwell or Silver Bluff.
Why is it possible for people who have never seen your team play tell you that you do not deserve a better seed?

#27078 04/27/05 03:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think AJ's too inconsistent to get a 4th seed...they should end up with a 6th seed. Barnwell will probably get the 5th seed because they lost their last meeting to W-H in OT, and beat Silver Bluff. I agree with the rest...I just think it will be 4)Hanahan 5)Barnwell 6)AJ.

#27079 04/27/05 03:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's another analogy for justwinbaby.

Why does a representative from a college decide to accept or deny a student that he or she has never met? They have no right! But maybe they have that job because they are the most informed and qualified person for that position.

Funny you say that any seed past 9 does not matter. I can't recall a season when anyone other than the 1 seed from lower state mattered. Can you?

I've been given a seed that i didn't agree with before, but there is justification for every decision made at that meeting; and the rational discussion between nominated representatives results in proper seeding (or very close to it) each year. You should change your name to justargueaboutseedingbaby. If you think you are better than someone seeded higher than you, the truth will be revealed. There's only one way to State in lower year in and year out. Through BE.

#27080 04/27/05 03:25 AM
F
goal kick
goal kick
F
I must agree with EHS, as BE are huge rivals to us, they are always the team to get through to win Lower State, luckily, we dont have to go through them again this year.

#27081 04/27/05 03:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah now you guys get to fill that role.

#27082 04/27/05 07:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys whine about who gets a seed but if you are truly good team, than you will come out and win. As far as the teams being on committee, This is first year for Andrew Jackson to have somebody their and yet they still get good seeding other years..maybe because they have talent and don't talk about it on here. they just play In reality, they will have a hard time with BE, Hanahan, and Waccamaw. Like Chealsea said, too inconsistent.

#27083 04/28/05 01:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you think the match-ups will be for the first round of playoffs for lower state 2AA?

#27084 04/28/05 02:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i don't know but we will find out tomorrow!

#27085 04/28/05 06:28 PM
Z
kick off
kick off
Z
What are yall's predictions on who will win upper and lower state in 2A? and who will be the over all champion?

#27086 04/28/05 07:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what time the playoff brackets come out tomorrow for A and AA?

#27087 04/28/05 07:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early. Last year they were up before 7:30 am

#27088 04/28/05 08:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sometime around lunch. The meeting is at 10:00 am.

#27089 04/28/05 11:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be honest with you, I think that Walhalla is gonna take the upstate in 2A and BE will take the lowerstate. Then I predict a 3-0 win by BE at state.

#27090 04/29/05 12:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like this after Blackville's big win tonight..

1. AM
2. GSSM
3. Lincoln
4. Blackville
5. Bamberg

6 - 8 I have no idea

#27091 04/29/05 12:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the past week Andrew Jackson lost to Indian Land, and Waccamaw lost to St. James. HMMM? Let's see if this makes the "committee", or their coaches, have second thoughts on the seedings.

#27092 04/29/05 12:44 AM
Z
kick off
kick off
Z
with all of the games over what do you think the final lower state 2AA seedings should be?

#27093 04/29/05 03:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, losing to Indian Land hurts AJ. Don't think it affects Waccamaw.

#27094 04/29/05 04:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the argument will be with the 2,3,4 seeds in the lower state. I think Barnwell will be 5 and AJ will be 6.

#27095 04/29/05 05:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After this past weeks's games this is how i think it should be
1.Bishop England
2.Wade Hampton
3.Waccamaw
4.Hanahan
5.Andrew Jackson
6.Barnwell
7-12 everyone else

#27096 04/29/05 12:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, I just think the A.J. and Barnwell should be switched. 7 should be silver bluff.

#27097 04/29/05 06:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seeds are up on the high school website. (www.schsl.org)

#27098 04/29/05 06:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
palmetto above carolina?????they finished 4-14 and 4th in their region, go figure.

#27099 04/29/05 06:51 PM
Goal
Goal
you may have misread that

1-Emerald
16-bye

8-Woodruff
9-Broome

12-Swansea
5-Saluda

13-Palmetto
4-Batesburg-Leesville

14-Chapman
3-Pendleton

10-West Oak
7-Carolina

11-Mid-Carolina
6-Gilbert

15-bye
2-Walhalla

#27100 04/29/05 07:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes I did thanks

#27101 04/29/05 07:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i don't see the brackets for 2a soccer, could someone post lowerstates bracket plzs

#27102 04/29/05 07:55 PM
Z
kick off
kick off
Z
1. Bishop England
16. Bye
8. Andrews
9. Loris
12. Bye
5. Barnwell
13. Bye
4. Wade Hampton
14. Bye
3. Waccamaw
10. Edisto
7. Silver Bluff
11. Aynor
6. Andrew Jackson
15. Bye
2. Hanahan

#27103 04/29/05 11:48 PM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
What does everyone think about the 1A seedings??? How do you think the brackets will play out?

#27104 04/30/05 03:59 PM
P
kick off
kick off
P
In my opinion the AA seedings are very screwed up. No way should Hanahan is not deserving spot 2 in lower state at all! They have not proven their selves at all.

#27105 04/30/05 05:13 PM
Z
kick off
kick off
Z
does anyone predict any upsets in the first round of the AA tournament?

#27106 04/30/05 05:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So pretty much I feel bad for Lincoln. How in the world can you be ranked 5th in the state and then manage to get a 5 seed in the LOWER STATE? Plus, with a 5 seed you don't get home field advantage.

#27107 04/30/05 06:22 PM
Brace
Brace
Linconl is not that good - they got beat by Andrews for god's sake! Hannahan should not be that high. BE has lower state wrapped up with their JV kids.

#27108 04/30/05 06:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im sure that player4theteam plays for a team that is more deserving of the 2 seed. Maybe you could say something if Hanahan doesnt play like a two seed in the playoffs but until then just dont talk. Who is more deserving???
And BE does not have it wrapped up with their JV team.

#27109 04/30/05 07:15 PM
Z
kick off
kick off
Z
i agree with 05sting2 people who dont know what they are talking about shouldnt say anything becasue they just seem ignorant when they are talking out of jealousy.

#27110 04/30/05 07:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lincoln may not be good, but neither is anyone else in the lowerstate of 1A except AM.

#27111 04/30/05 07:50 PM
Goal
Goal
Appears to me that no A teams are good this year. What happened to Christ Church? I think I'll sleep late on May 14!

#27112 04/30/05 08:41 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
CC may not be as dominate as in years past.. but I think the 1A game overall will be more entertaining/competitive.. CC and AM went to PKs the other day.. that beats CC just toying with whoever managed to make it to the finals..

#27113 04/30/05 09:01 PM
corner kick
corner kick
hey, what are your predictions on who goes through for upper state?

#27114 05/02/05 01:34 AM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
DCA:
Lincoln may not be good, but neither is anyone else in the lowerstate of 1A except AM.

Have you seen or played any of the top 5 seeds in lower state this year?? Didn't think so, just another one of your ignorant comments..

How about you shut your mouth until a week from now when you start saying that "this is the year that we will beat CC" like you always do (and you do) and then after the game you whine about how you lost and it should have been different.You say the same crap every year about how lower state sucks (and Buford was better then you last year) and that you get robbed every year about CC. I sure hope you a senior so that you will simply go away next year.

#27115 05/02/05 03:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well striker it seems your contradicting yourself a little bit here. If your basing DCA's lack of knowledge on the fact that they never play any lower state teams then how do you know that Buford was better than them? Also it really did'nt even seem like the guys from CC broke a sweat in the state championship game last year. Plus they did'nt even have Tomek which was arguably the best high school player in the country last year.

#27116 05/02/05 03:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed GOOB. I didnt recognize many of the players on the field when we showed up for our game, and we played them twice.

#27117 05/02/05 04:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Also it really did'nt even seem like the guys from CC broke a sweat in the state championship game last year.
I don't like to get on here that much and talk about the past, but I guess I'll start with GOOB. You're one to talk. Dixie has fallen short to SCS how many games, heck, how many years in a row now? You said you thought CC didn't break a sweat...are you insinuating you were there? If you were, I know it had to be hot in the stands, I know it was ON THE FIELD.

DCA, As much stuff as you have said about Postseason 04, preseason 05, and the reg. season this year, this is the year SSC would be able to beat CC. Granted you still have one more chance to prove yourselves, but from what I hear, CC's ready for the playoffs, which is bad news for the Upperstate 1A. I think it's about time to walk the walk.

After the seedings were out last year, everyone picked Buford to lose each game before they were played. Some picked Blackville to win Lowerstate, some picked GSSM (who lost to Buford twice). Fact is, Buford went to the state championship and deserved every right to be there. Although I wish we would have won, it was a great honor to say I was there two years in a row.

I'm not sure if Tomek played in the Upper State finals...he only played against SSC ONCE last year. No, he didn't play against Buford. However, to say no one broke a sweat, is a slap in the face. I know the 1A game didn't provide nearly as much excitement as the other games, but I'm sure it would have been worse if SSC or Dixie would have played them.

EHSdefender, the reason you didn't recognize anyone is b/c Wilcox put in the subs midway in the second half. Good luck on the engineering final tomorrow.

DCA, Goob, I wish the both of you luck in the playoffs this week. Hopefully if your teams play Thursday, it will be a great game. I just ask that you don't bash any Lowerstate teams a/b the state championships until you guys reach one yourselves.

#27118 05/02/05 04:19 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
I was at the 1A match last year (the last 3 years actually) and I wouldn't dare say CC didn't break a sweat in ANY of those three matches.

Blackville was able to make some runs into the CC defense (very fast runs)..
And Buford (i thought) did a decent job of keeping the ball more in the mid...

I won't lie.. CC probably had the W before those matches even started..but I think our 1A PUBLIC schools are to be commended for their efforts. And yeah..it was ridiculously hot in the stands as well..

#27119 05/02/05 04:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well we usually play lower state teams so i know they are good. But look at it this way we beat BHHS. They seemed to be right on the same level as both Buford and GSSM. But Dixie and SCS were on the same level as well. Then in the upper state CC beat SCS by a good deal so i still think that CC was more than two goals better than Buford.

#27120 05/02/05 04:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And just let me make it clear that i am obviously a promoter of public schools and i would love to see a public school beat CC. I just try to face the obvious that CC has over the past few years been completely dominant in 1A. Hopefully that will chnage this year.

#27121 05/02/05 05:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Striker33- Granted I haven't played any lowerstate teams, but simply judging by games that they've played and other variants I have plenty of evidence to say that the only team that's good this year in lowerstate is AM. (For 1A)
1) Buford was 1st in the state last year in lowerstate. This year they moved up to upperstate and they aren't even on the map. They are like a 5 seed in the upperstate bracket.
2)Games that 1A lowerstate teams have lost to bad teams. Lincoln losing to Andrews.
3)Lack of playing any difficult teams, other than Wade Hampton-H.
All of these things factor in to my comments. Also, I don't think we're expecting to just come out and walk all over Dixie, but if we can get through that game then I don't think we're going into CC knowing that we're gonna lose and I don't think they're going into the game knowing they're gonna win. It was a 1-0 game last time (same score as the AM vs. CC game) so it's not gonna be a stompin. Christ Church is playing very well right now though and they're ready to beat anybody so I can't promise anything.

#27122 05/03/05 04:22 AM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Chelsea - First off you say to DCA to start walking the walk...last time I checked you haven't beat CC either so you can hop off your high horse pal, cuz obviously you haven't done much to prove anything either. CC beat AM 1-0, CC beat SSC 1-0, SSC can compete...its no question. Are they a good team? Absolutely! But so is Southside. The arguements over the past few years have always been whether or not Buford could compete with upperstate teams. Funny, if Buford is so much better, why aren't they ranked, while SSC is 3rd in state...AND why are they 5th seed. Not as good as whatcha thought, huh? Yeah, I'm sure yer gonna say, "Yeah but we lost 8 seniors last year," well it sure didn't shut you up as to how good you supposedly were. All DCA said was, if there has ever been a chance at SSC beating CC...this would be the year. he didn't say we WERE gonna win....so "walking the walk", isn't exactly what i'd go around saying....especially when the team you USED to play for can't even get in the rankings.

#27123 05/03/05 04:39 AM
B
kick off
kick off
B
I blame coaching. That new coach for Buford is positively horrible.

He lost four key seniors representing 77 goals, starts a lineup that is about 75 percent ninth graders or first time players(!), has a talent pool consisting solely of a rural farming community and yet he can't compete with a fully funded religious school that can draw its talent, incessantly, from whomever it desires? Get rid of that bum.

How did he and his team ever make it into the playoffs anyway? I mean, wasn't he locked out of the I A playoff seedings meeting?

-----

In other, slightly more serious news, Chelsea is a much better player and much less grammatically challenged than any of you rubes. Whenever you've proven yourself through time and toil after these playoffs, then come and talk to us about your accomplishments and where you rank in this sweet sport. Until that time and if that time never comes, continue to ponder just how to press the apostrophe button for conjunctions (look it up) and the complex world of proper preposition usage. These two, alone, should keep you far divorced from the land of Smacktalkia, at least until summer's end.

#27124 05/03/05 04:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well if your basing everything on that then Dixie lost 9 seniors as well. seven of which were starters, two were all-state, one was region MVP. So you really can't blame everything on a large graduating class because the hornets are rolling strong even after the loss of a huge graduating class!!!

#27125 05/03/05 04:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to disagree with the post of BHHS overlooking GSSM last year in the 2nd round, thats totally way off point. In fact, we were worried about only two teams keeping us from getting to the finals and those two teams were Buford and GSSM. I think the game was very competitive and hard fought and the game was decicded in golden goal with about + or - 30 secs left to play out, so before you(Chelsea) say that a team overlooked someone how about bring some prove to back it up.

Now this year, i dont know what the world is going on with the 1a lower state seedings, i mean i disagree with them but the committee(s) thought otherwise. I think(and hope) that we have a chance to make a deep run and with the way the bracket is set up, i think that AM has the most favorable road to take to get to the finals. But back to the point, i agree with AM and GSSM being the top 2 seeds but 3-5 was just had me in awe. I thought that either us or Lincoln deserved the #3 and then Bamberg would be #5, but it makes no sense to whine so ill stop right there and play the games as they come so good luck and stay healthy to all the teams and may all the games have great finishes.

#27126 05/03/05 04:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuse me for my mistake in the first paragraph, i meant to say bring "PROOF" to back it up and not prove.

#27127 05/02/05 05:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ali, I believe you're mixed up.

First off, I rarely argue about this year's soccer season. I realize Buford's not as good as they were. I have never said that they were going to do anything this year. To be honest, they have surpassed my expectations of them this season.

When I was at Buford, I never got on SC Soccer and declared that my senior season was the season my team would be able to beat CC. Although we only played one upperstate 1A team, CC, there's no doubt in my mind that my team could have competed with upperstate teams, eg Dixie and SSC. However, I can not speak for this year's team because I'm not there anymore. Therefore, I'm not going to predict anything about them.

Also, you guys need to get the thought out of your heads that this year's team is the same team that went to the State last year.

For you guys to be all about the upperstate, you guys need to look at a bracket every now and then. Even with a rough season, Buford is still a 4th seed, not a 5th seed (Indian Land). This "unranked" team that you guys hate on, is the one the 1A and 2A coaches believed was 4th best team in the Upperstate 1A.

Rankings mean nothing. Lincoln was ranked 5th in 1A and received a 4th seed. In 2A, Hanahan is ranked underneath Wade Hampton, yet is seeded two spots higher than them.

Finally, I think the principal in Billy Madison sums up your argument in the perfect quote.
"Mr. AliCruzco, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

#27128 05/02/05 05:30 PM
B
kick off
kick off
B
HeHateMe, read your own signature in regards to your playoff game with Buford last year. I couldn't have said it better or more succinctly, myself.

#27129 05/02/05 05:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brute, Blackville lost to Governor's School in the Lowerstate semifinals. Buford defeated Williston Elko.

#27130 05/02/05 05:53 PM
B
kick off
kick off
B
I get all of those two-named, let's-not-hyphenate-what-should-be-hyphenated lowerstate schools mixed up. Maybe it's residual effects from the heat of actually being on the field in the state finals. Who knows?

Forgive-ness please...

#27131 05/02/05 06:18 PM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I probably shouldn't have worded that statement how I did but I just thought it was funny how somone could sit here and say that only AM in 1A lower was good and haven't seen or played any of them.... Anyways, good luck to all teams 1A and 2A in the playoffs.

#27132 05/02/05 06:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you guys think about the Seneca and BHP game?Seneca only beat them 1-0!

#27133 05/02/05 06:53 PM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Chelsea - maybe the reason you lost in the state championship last year, was because in your words," I never got on SC Soccer and declared that my senior season was the season my team would be able to beat CC."...If you had no confidence in your team from the get go, then how could you expect to win. To hold a team that has beat Dorman, Walhalla,Emerald, and AM to a 1-0 game is pretty darn good. We have a chance, I assure you that...also, we're not bashing teams in lower state about state championships because we have anything against them...the point is, is there's little to no competition down there other than AM. Its fact. and thanks for the movie quote, ya know it shows maturity for a college student to criticize someone when the topic is about high school teams, and your not even in high school anymore. but its cool bud, keep up the good work in college... and, good luck to this years buford team

#27134 05/02/05 07:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ali, I wish I wouldn't have to entertain this.

Just because I did not advertise my confidence in my team like you guys do on here, does not mean I didn't feel like we had a shot at the state. That wasn't the case. I didn't feel it was necessary to talk about my team on here....rubs some people wrong.

I'm not taking anything away your team this year. I'm hoping you do beat Christ Church. I just feel like it's unnecessary for you guys to get on here and bash CC about how they are unable to score goals, yet they still beat you. Sorry, I just feel disappointed that you guys, heck any 1A team, hasn't beaten CC yet. That's why I said If you're able to....then do it.

About the Billy Madison thing, it's all fun man. Also, the topic was about High school teams, then last year's high school teams were brought into the picture. I felt I needed to defend my team. Sorry, if I walked on "your turf" by talking on here, but I felt the need to defend my team on here.

Oh well, hopefully this is over with. Good luck.

#27135 05/02/05 07:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ali, don't make the college comment again. It's irrelevant. This is a message board for the public, and college students fall in that range. Chelsea and I both were in Columbia playing last year, and have all the right in the world to follow up on our teams' progress the following year(s). That includes commenting on these boards.

Chelsea, excuse the comment earlier. It was just my perception of things at the time. Good luck to you on the exam as well.

#27136 05/03/05 03:54 AM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Thanks Chelsea, no hard feelings man. Good luck in Columbia, and again good luck to this years Buford team.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard