#27127 05/02/05 05:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ali, I believe you're mixed up.

First off, I rarely argue about this year's soccer season. I realize Buford's not as good as they were. I have never said that they were going to do anything this year. To be honest, they have surpassed my expectations of them this season.

When I was at Buford, I never got on SC Soccer and declared that my senior season was the season my team would be able to beat CC. Although we only played one upperstate 1A team, CC, there's no doubt in my mind that my team could have competed with upperstate teams, eg Dixie and SSC. However, I can not speak for this year's team because I'm not there anymore. Therefore, I'm not going to predict anything about them.

Also, you guys need to get the thought out of your heads that this year's team is the same team that went to the State last year.

For you guys to be all about the upperstate, you guys need to look at a bracket every now and then. Even with a rough season, Buford is still a 4th seed, not a 5th seed (Indian Land). This "unranked" team that you guys hate on, is the one the 1A and 2A coaches believed was 4th best team in the Upperstate 1A.

Rankings mean nothing. Lincoln was ranked 5th in 1A and received a 4th seed. In 2A, Hanahan is ranked underneath Wade Hampton, yet is seeded two spots higher than them.

Finally, I think the principal in Billy Madison sums up your argument in the perfect quote.
"Mr. AliCruzco, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

#27128 05/02/05 05:30 PM
B
kick off
kick off
B
HeHateMe, read your own signature in regards to your playoff game with Buford last year. I couldn't have said it better or more succinctly, myself.

#27129 05/02/05 05:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brute, Blackville lost to Governor's School in the Lowerstate semifinals. Buford defeated Williston Elko.

#27130 05/02/05 05:53 PM
B
kick off
kick off
B
I get all of those two-named, let's-not-hyphenate-what-should-be-hyphenated lowerstate schools mixed up. Maybe it's residual effects from the heat of actually being on the field in the state finals. Who knows?

Forgive-ness please...

#27131 05/02/05 06:18 PM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I probably shouldn't have worded that statement how I did but I just thought it was funny how somone could sit here and say that only AM in 1A lower was good and haven't seen or played any of them.... Anyways, good luck to all teams 1A and 2A in the playoffs.

#27132 05/02/05 06:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you guys think about the Seneca and BHP game?Seneca only beat them 1-0!

#27133 05/02/05 06:53 PM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Chelsea - maybe the reason you lost in the state championship last year, was because in your words," I never got on SC Soccer and declared that my senior season was the season my team would be able to beat CC."...If you had no confidence in your team from the get go, then how could you expect to win. To hold a team that has beat Dorman, Walhalla,Emerald, and AM to a 1-0 game is pretty darn good. We have a chance, I assure you that...also, we're not bashing teams in lower state about state championships because we have anything against them...the point is, is there's little to no competition down there other than AM. Its fact. and thanks for the movie quote, ya know it shows maturity for a college student to criticize someone when the topic is about high school teams, and your not even in high school anymore. but its cool bud, keep up the good work in college... and, good luck to this years buford team

#27134 05/02/05 07:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ali, I wish I wouldn't have to entertain this.

Just because I did not advertise my confidence in my team like you guys do on here, does not mean I didn't feel like we had a shot at the state. That wasn't the case. I didn't feel it was necessary to talk about my team on here....rubs some people wrong.

I'm not taking anything away your team this year. I'm hoping you do beat Christ Church. I just feel like it's unnecessary for you guys to get on here and bash CC about how they are unable to score goals, yet they still beat you. Sorry, I just feel disappointed that you guys, heck any 1A team, hasn't beaten CC yet. That's why I said If you're able to....then do it.

About the Billy Madison thing, it's all fun man. Also, the topic was about High school teams, then last year's high school teams were brought into the picture. I felt I needed to defend my team. Sorry, if I walked on "your turf" by talking on here, but I felt the need to defend my team on here.

Oh well, hopefully this is over with. Good luck.

#27135 05/02/05 07:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ali, don't make the college comment again. It's irrelevant. This is a message board for the public, and college students fall in that range. Chelsea and I both were in Columbia playing last year, and have all the right in the world to follow up on our teams' progress the following year(s). That includes commenting on these boards.

Chelsea, excuse the comment earlier. It was just my perception of things at the time. Good luck to you on the exam as well.

#27136 05/03/05 03:54 AM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Thanks Chelsea, no hard feelings man. Good luck in Columbia, and again good luck to this years Buford team.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard