Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it 5 reds issued for fighting...is it still minimum 2 games for punches thrown?

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
2004striker:

I have it on tape and would rather you not spread inaccuracies. Unfortunately, the tape shows justification for the red cards issued. Both B-C and Flora were to blame for the fracas and each will be penalized accordingly, I'm sure. The players that did get "recorded" red cards are justified -- and I'll stick to that statement based on the tape. They get, very simply, what they deserve.

This time, unlike the B-C/Dreher game that you indicated that you had on tape as well as the Byrnes/Flora "goal allowed that hit the side-netting" -- I was there and saw it.

You may very well want to stick to debates on Columbia mega-clubs and such that don't quite fit the bill for ALL kids involved in youth soccer. Mega-clubs are great for the 10% that benefit, but for the rest, it does not represent their best interests.

I always appreciate your posts on this forum, but stay away from the "lambasting" of things that you don't have proof -- hence your lie over the B-C/Dreher tape and again after the Byrnes/Flora debacle. Your statements are erroneous and false in many cases.

hat-trick
hat-trick
so according to the tape, was it a goal?

J
world cup
world cup
J
I'm pretty sure this means you're banned from the PLC for good Stroke...quite unfortunate

Goal
Goal
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:
Hard fought game on both sides. No yellows or many fouls, until a stop on a BC shot by Flora keeper on the goal line. BC players thought it was in, and one of their players allegedly hit a Flora keeper to start a benches-clearing fight. Yes, it was 3 reds for BC, 2 for Flora.
(OK, this post was altered to reflect a more accurate depiction of the events. Hope it passes inspection.)

I tend to agree with Kevin Heise on this one. I don't know if you're some bummed out player who lost tonight or a coach for AC Flora. Maybe you're a disgruntled parent fed up with their son's and AC Flora's season or perhaps shameful performance? I don't know but I'll take a video tape and a Kevin Heise statement who has done nothing but promote the growth of Youth Soccer in the state of South Carolina over someone who decided 2004striker was a decent name to hide behind to spread their pompous crap.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
quote:
so according to the tape, was it a goal?
No, it was not a goal. The call on the field was correct as I stated (for real) during the match.

Goal
Goal
quote:
Originally posted by scdrewablank:
Rumor has it 5 reds issued for fighting...is it still minimum 2 games for punches thrown?

OOOO LOOK OUT....CONTROVERSY!!! you're really cool

Isn't it a little past your marriage-alotted posting time?

You must be a big man with a DEEP voice.

You're probably another disgruntled victim or a bc hater. Don't you have another team to worry about...excuse me, cry over?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the coach at A.C. Flora. I think that I speak for Kevin as well when I say that I'm sorry the altercation occurred. I also think that he would agree that under the circumstances, both teams handled themselves very well. Order was quickly restored and the game continueed without further incident.

Kevin and I have long been competitors and friends. Each and every time Flora and BC meet, it is a battle. We have great respect for all of the Region 5 teams and always look forward to the competition. This game was really no different from any of the others, save the one heated altercation. But in the end, there are no hard feelings. We'll all shake hands to play another day.

As to shut^, we haven't had a season, or this match, to be ashamed off. A couple of bad performances and a rash of injuries have been disappointing. But we will represent our region to the best of our ability and move on to bigger things. We have seniors going to Wofford, USC, CofC, Lander, the US Air Force Academy, and others.

I ask my team to be concerned about there performance both on and off the field. It is the only one that they have any control over. They are a pleasure to work with, a classy bunch of young men. This was only our 2nd and 3rd red card in my 3 years of coaching at ACF. We play under the rules of the HSL and we will do so as always, to the best of our ability.

Best of luck to the Bearcats. If we were to be so lucky, you can bet the Championship game would be another typical ACF-BC contest.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Coach Ready - Well stated!!!

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Will the red cards have any impact on player participation in the playoffs?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard