Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#28703 05/08/05 01:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo beats Wando in PK'S. Newton, misses pk and Moody comes up big.

#28704 05/08/05 01:54 AM
F
goal kick
goal kick
F
any highlights? PK score? etc?

#28705 05/08/05 02:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wando controlled the game but couldnt finish today. That's the way it goes.

#28706 05/08/05 02:22 AM
MP Offline
goal kick
goal kick
Much of the first half was controlled by Irmo with Wando making some good runs and scoring off of Frank Burley's shot outside the 18. The shot hit a defender's leg midway and changed direction so it was already too late for Moody to stop it. Irmo's #3 Spencer was possessing the ball nicely in the midfield and towards the end of the first half the game began to balance out. In the second half, Wando was beginning to pick up when Joe Semsar, the sweeper, dribbled back and in confusion the keeper picked it up, resulting in an Irmo PK which Zach Prince converted on for the equaliser. Towards the end of the second half, Wando made a run up the middle and the ball was bounced/deflected to the side of the 6. Moody came out and kicked it out to the sideline, where a Wando player recovered and crossed it in onto the head of Mark Dominick, who put it in. However, the linesman made a controversial call that either the crosser or Dominick were offsides, and the goal was called back. Wando began to show nice offensive form with good forwards and fast runs.

Later, in the first or second 10-minute overtime, Irmo's # 3 had a free kick in front of half field and kicked it into the Wando box, where (I couldn't see very well) there was confusion about whether it went in off of Prince (I think). Irmo's players thought they had the goal but the linesman ruled offsides, and the score remained 1-1. I felt that Wando played stronger in the overtime periods, but both teams exchanged good runs but they were snuffed out by the defense.

In PK's, Wando's Andrew Eppelsheimer shot first and it hit the post and missed. I can't remember the details but I know Irmo hit a bar and missed one and then the Wando keeper made a huge save. Newton was next and shot to the right but Moody made a big save. # 14 for Irmo (the big boy) had a make. Then Wando followed with a make, and Irmo won off a make (I can't remember who, sorry for any inconsistencies).

Both teams played well, but I felt that Irmo faded a bit towards the end and Wando picked it up. It was a very well-reffed game, but the linesmen were a bit iffy in some situations. Overall, a great match, unfortunate that it had to happen this early. I'd like to hear what everyone thought of the game and any details that I left out.

#28707 05/08/05 02:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the hair looked pretty gay, but it was a good game.

#28708 05/08/05 02:42 AM
hat-trick
hat-trick
Alright, here is my question regarding your details. What you are saying is that the keeper picked up a ball that was from his teamate, which resulted in a pk, but the rule is that it should be an indirect free kick? Is high school different? I don't understand how a referee could miss something this big.

#28709 05/08/05 02:43 AM
Brace
Brace
Ok, someone is seriously mistaken....

If the sweeper dribbled the ball back and the keeper picked it up, then the referee would have to determine that an intentional passback. This infraction is an indirect free kick from the spot of the foul. If the keeper picks it up inside the 6, then the free kick comes on the six. That foul, in and of itself, is never a PK.

Of course this foul has to occur insude the box otherwise it's an intentional hand ball and a card.

Anyone else with a different account of the game and especially that play? The ONLY thing I can think of is that if the GK picked up the ball to prevent a goal. I still feel it's an indirect free kick, perhaps with a card to accompany the infraction.

#28710 05/08/05 02:46 AM
world cup
world cup
I read it the same way and am asking myself the same question??????

#28711 05/08/05 02:52 AM
MP Offline
goal kick
goal kick
Sorry guys,
I was on the opposite side of the field and couldn't really tell. Discard my previous explanation as now I realize the inconsistency. I don't really recall exactly what happened, but I do remember Joe Semsar dribbling it backward and there being confusion with the keeper. There may have been a foul on one of the Irmo forwards, but I don't really remember. Anyone with a clearer explanation?
Sorry again.

#28712 05/08/05 03:13 AM
C
kick off
kick off
C
Also Wando scored and it was called back...that was messed up, finally the P.K. foul was bull **** there was no foul. I LOVE TO SEE PHIL SAVITZ ONCE AGAIN getting positive bias. Way to go Refs thanks for screwing up Wandos great season.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard