Page 1 of 2 1 2
#28748 05/08/05 03:22 AM
C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
To the administrators on this board:

Can you provide some insight on how referrees are chosen, who pays them, and who their governing body is?

CCR

#28749 05/08/05 04:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously they come from the South Carolina School for the Blind and Deaf.

ccrchs1atk - you and soccermom4 eva can be high school soccer refs. Find out when the clinic will be held in your area next year, attend, take the test, pass, pay your money and then we will read about the terrible job you did reffing.

#28750 05/08/05 08:43 AM
goal
goal
ccrchs1atk, PLEASE learn the Laws of the Game, watch a video clip of the play where Irmo got the PK against Wando, then come back to this board and apologize for being stupid.

FYI, you can find the FIFA Laws of the Game at:

http://www.fifa.com/en/regulations/regulation/0,1584,3,00.html

For someone who seems to know the game so well, I am extremely surprised that you have to ask the question above.

#28751 05/08/05 12:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rules in this case are:

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following six offences in a manner considered by The Referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

* kicks or attempts to kick an opponent;

* trips or attempts to trip an opponent;

* jumps at an opponent;

* charges an opponent;

* strikes or attempts to strike an opponent;

* pushes an opponent.

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following four offences:

* tackles an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball;

* holds an opponent;

* spits at an opponent;

* handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area). A direct free kick is taken from where the offence occurred.

* A penalty kick is awarded if any of the above ten offences is committed by a player inside his own penalty area, irrespective of the position of the ball, provided it is in play.

#28752 05/08/05 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GetintheGame - No disrespect was intended. My son is a ref, and I know how hard it is. I felt that these refs did not control the situation on the field. This game was rough, and could've been rougher. The linesmen made some bad off sides calls. Just like there are incompetent people in all kinds of positions in this world, there are some referees who are not competent as well. I was not referring to referees in general. Personally, I think they get too much garbage thrown at them from the fans and I give them a lot of credit for getting back on that field every time. However, I still believe that this game could've gotten out of control quickly because the kids know really quickly what they will be allowed to get away with, and they push the envelope. That allows for possible injuries to both sides, something all of us can probably agree we do not want to see. Oh, I have taken the referee course, I do know the rules, and again, I wouldn't want to be the one out on that field calling the game for anything...it is a tough job and you need to be a thick skin and tough person to be able to handle it.

#28753 05/08/05 12:56 PM
Brace
Brace
But FIFA Laws of the Game have no bearing on SC High School soccer because the High School League sets their own rules. I do believe they used The Laws as a guide, but they did not use them verbatum. So you have to look at the SCHSL Soccer Rules when questioning/backing up referee calls.

For instance, don't The Laws limit a team to 3 subs plus a GK? Well, we all know there are unlimited subs in high school. Even college modifies The Laws to their needs.

#28754 05/08/05 02:22 PM
goal kick
goal kick
VOR,
it is three (3) subs per match according to the Laws of The Game. If your keeper becomes unable to play and you have used your max subs allowed then a field player must go into the goal and you play with 9 field players. This is why Mia Hamm played for the Women's National Team in goal some years ago.

You are correct about the use of the Laws as a guideline for High School. They have modified them to allow for more subs and when the sub can enter the game. This allows more time on the field for every player. The one rule that I would like to see changed is the throw in rule. Where if it does not enter the field of play it goes to the other team. American High School is the only goverening body to use this rule.

#28755 05/08/05 02:23 PM
goal kick
goal kick
VOR,
it is three (3) subs per match according to the Laws of The Game. If your keeper becomes unable to play and you have used your max subs allowed then a field player must go into the goal and you play with 9 field players. This is why Mia Hamm played for the Women's National Team in goal some years ago.

You are correct about the use of the Laws as a guideline for High School. They have modified them to allow for more subs and when the sub can enter the game. This allows more time on the field for every player. The one rule that I would like to see changed is the throw in rule. Where if it does not enter the field of play it goes to the other team. American High School is the only goverening body to use this rule.

#28756 05/08/05 02:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VOR - are you saying that a push in the back, committed in the box by a defender, may not be penalized by a PK under SCHSL rules?

#28757 05/08/05 02:38 PM
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Just curious..is there also a modification concerning subbing on a "soft" red card? This happened last night in the Dreher-MB game and lots of people were confused when Dreher was allowed to sub...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard