anyone else see this game?

#28936 05/12/05 03:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw it. NWHS looked flat the whole game. I don't know if they were respecting the speed of SA, but they just looked tired. SA won every 50-50 ball and every ball in the air. Geathers is the real deal. Great speed, shot and handles. I was really impressed with SA's passing spacing. It is going to take a great team to beat them if they play like they did tonight.

#28937 05/12/05 03:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven't seen South Aiken play since 2003, ironically, at Northwestern. I went tonight and was blown away. I felt they controlled every aspect of the game. Every time Jamal was near the ball there were at least 6 NW players on defense and there were times it seemed he would dribble through at least 5 guys. NW kept kicking out from the back, and it was headed back for a SA possession. Besides the goal at the beginning, it seemed NW didn't show a lot of offense until Jamal was taken off the field.

Before tonight, I wasn't sure about the hype...but like everyone has been saying: he is the real deal. His talent is amazing, and his athleticism separates him from the rest. I talked to Coach Berson tonight, and you could see from the grin on his face he's thrilled to have this top calliber player.

Congratulations to Coach Waters and the team.

#28938 05/12/05 03:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SAs third goal was Sucher's. Spencer dished it and the keeper just got a hand on it and Sucher finished.!

#28939 05/12/05 04:13 AM
B
corner kick
corner kick
B
GOOD JOB SOUTH AIKEN WAY TO GET IT DONE FOR THE UPSTATE MAKE US PROUD. DAMN I WISH I HAD GOTTEN TO PLAY JAMAL THIS YEAR LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN SWEET BUT T L HANNA ROUTED THAT PLAN. Great season North Western.

#28940 05/12/05 12:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FormerTrojan
Registered Member
Member # 3651

Rate Member posted May 11, 2005 11:13 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saw it. NWHS looked flat the whole game.

I agree

NW came out looking as I heard they worked on in practice and actually looked like the team that had it together for the first 10-12 games this year. They scored on a tough shot, played upbeat off that goal for about another 5 minutes, and then fell back into a game they had played all playoff....

SA dominated the mid fielf because out mid field was at our full backs for some reason.

The other area was too many mistakes. Very little did NW settle the ball and make a clean ground pass. This was SA's game all the way through. NW kept the ball in the air with either a header or kick that just made it too hard to control.

If NW just slowed down and had a little more confidence, it would have been a better game.

BUT... Great season.

NW only lost to 2 teams that are Senior ridden and have many Premier Player on them.

Great season, and next year they'll rock-n-roll.

Good Luck SA... Don't need IRMO making another bumper sticker...

#28941 05/12/05 12:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please give credit where it is due. I do believe SA won without Justin Rhodes. Theses boys would have been good where ever they played.

#28942 05/12/05 03:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now why wouldn't we want another Irmo Bumper sticker???

#28943 05/12/05 08:43 PM
J
Brace
Brace
J
dext3r, don't be ignorant....you are asking if Irmo has class....I would respond with a resounding yes. The crowd wasn't happy with the red card so early in the game, and I am sure that they were a bit peeved. As for cheering when a man goes down, there may be some kids that think it is amusing, but I can't say that I have ever seen the parents think it is a good thing. Sounds like you have a biased opinion of what happened. I have reffed at many high schools in the midlands, and I can't recall any schools that actually cheered when a player went down, its usually somebody making stuff up to make the team and it's fans sound like a bunch of irreprehensible rednecks! Thats what I think is going on here...nice try though

#28944 05/12/05 08:45 PM
J
Brace
Brace
J
let me direct that to AlmostHonest since it looks like they just changed their name....from dext3r

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard