Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
#29272 05/16/05 02:36 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Oh, rjw, that was the best post of this whole thread!

#29273 05/16/05 02:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL that was a good one.

R1c, who else was on that team.. 97 wasnt it? your senior year?.. you won region over Aiken with Scott Bradford?

#29274 05/16/05 03:09 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Junior year, I'm not that old. Roseberry, Chapin, Corley, Bessinger, Buley, Swede, Monahon brothers, Reynolds, and Ross L.

#29275 05/16/05 03:46 AM
J
Brace
Brace
J
You know, being an Irmo supporter I may have a biased opinion, but I just got back this evening from a college graduation and looked at the pictures and videos of the game for the first time. I have had no contact with anyone since the game, and I just looked to see how and why Irmo lost. It is unfortunate that a game like this had to be decided with a possible missed call. I think it is getting interesting that many, many years championships are determined by missed calls. Why not put two refs on either side of the goal at either end to watch for the ball crossing the end line? This would allow for more eyes to see if the ball crossed. Look at all the referees that football uses. It may make sense to use that many in high stakes games such as the state championship. Just a thought.....

#29276 05/16/05 12:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not being from SA or Irmo I have witnessed the last 3 state finals. This match was officiated very well but i do remember last years referee being much better than this years. LAst year the game was much more in control.

#29277 05/16/05 12:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In case ya'll were wondering....when jamal hurt his foot.....he did it by kicking the bottom of the defender's cleats. It hurt like cornhole and he was in pain. He said he couldn't even run.

#29278 05/16/05 01:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to know, is there any possibility that in a game, such as the games played on Saturday, there could be extra referees assigned or would that only add to confusion? I think it is a great idea, but I don't know enough about specifics to know if it could actually ever happen. I have to say, it is truly a good thing to see people so passionate about soccer!!! This thread has gone on forever - some feeling one way, some the other. Soccer has sure come a long way and it's great to see everyone taking such a big interested, no matter who you root for! I watched many of the games Saturday - I saw a defender from Socasstee (sorry if I spelled that wrong) Jump in front of the goal and save a shot that was on it's way in - AWESOME! I saw the goalie from SA make a diving save GREAT! I watched the goalie from IRMO nail a ball away in the upper 90! This was an exciting day! With a lot of memorable moments and a true day of Champions all around. It really doesn't matter who won or why (of course, to the teams who won and lost it does), but the fact is we got to see the best of the best come out and show their stuff. It was GREAT! Thank you boys for giving us a great day to watch some great soccer! You are all winners!

#29279 05/17/05 12:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey guys. I just wanted to congratulate the SAHS T-Breds on a phenomenal season and Irmo on a great one. In response to "the play", I was at the game, in the South Aiken student section. We all thought the ball went in the net and thought the net moved as though a goal had been scored. I got home, looked at the pictures, and at first glance thought we had gotten lucky. But upon a closer look, the ball actually never crosses the line. The angles the Goirmo.com uses are all from about a 45 degree angle. The ball appears to be in the goal. If you look at the shadow of the ball, it never crossed the line fully. Also, the shadow reveals the defenders leg to be across the goal line, and the ball just behind it. Since we have no depth, you can't say the ball is in in a 2-D photo. It never crossed the line. And for the "handball", if you look at the video, again you must realize it is at an angle, the ball does appear to hit our defender's shoulder, but when you consider the angle, that isn't possible. It had to have hit his upper chest.

#29280 05/17/05 01:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
got home, looked at the pictures, and at first glance thought we had gotten lucky.
I love the way you say you can't see a goal through PICTURES! I mean sure I can take a picture of a ball before it goes in and say that is proof it didn't go in.

I have it on Video from the Irmo-side (don't get me wrong, I'm a South Aiken fan, but just knew where the action was going to be if yall catch my drift [Wink] ) and I've played it over and over, and see it going in, but it never hits the net, I think its a defender that hits the net trying to get it out.

#29281 05/17/05 02:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't think it went in, at least from Irmo's pics. At least admit that. It may have, but in Irmo's pictures, it does NOT cross the line fully. The video feedback isn't in high resolution, so if you can digitize or something try and prove us wrong.

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard