Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my predictions is that eastside wins 3-0.

M
throw in
throw in
M
Who are the real stars on Eastside? Do they have anyone that is just amazing?

J
world cup
world cup
J
Normally..I would be all hardcore "Lowerstate has a chance".. but..wow.. After seeing MB/Socastee last night in person.. and seeing Eastside beat Daniel (who i've seen play) 6-0.. There is no question about it... Eastside wins by multiple goals..

I hate to say it more than most..but..straight-up #4 is all Socastee has..and..it won't be NEAR enough..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
esp now sense socastee has no keeper...his splen was taken out and some broken ribs maybe...

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/sports/11627810.htm

J
world cup
world cup
J
Yeah..that is really unfortunate. Props to him..he played a pretty solid match though he wasn't tested much...he certainly SHINED in comparison to the MB keeper. The hit he took was pretty hard..but he played through (i guess) about 20 more minutes..including a pretty crazy series at the end.. I wish this kid the best..and that Socastee can keep it in single digits..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jack
Not a pretty game to watch,you are right.But you should realize the psychology of high school players? The emotion of the game(with the state championship on the line) will disrupt their play. Especially when both teams are cross town rivals.Neither team wants to let the other do a thing.It was not a good representation from both teams, but they played with heart and faught until the end. Unfourtanetly you were only were able to see these teams play once this year so your judgements are very limited and I will leave it at that! As far as your comments for our keeper. Yes he made a mistake but when it comes to defending set pieces the whole team is at fault.Rodolfo has done an unbeliveable job for us all year and has been a blessing to the team! Hats off to Abee,get well buddy!
JB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by mbplay4life:
Who are the real stars on Eastside? Do they have anyone that is just amazing?

yeah....most of the team...number 16 in the middle...number 3 in the middle...number 2 and 20 up top....11 and 12 on the wings....and some others that numbers i don't remember i'm thinking it was #10 and #7.....so yeah....

J
world cup
world cup
J
You're right..I've only seen these two sides once..but even after the first 20..when everything was really hectic..there (at least it seemed to me) was little structure in either side.

Socastee seemed content to boot the ball out of the defense..just to let MB come at them again. I'm convinced if MB had pulled the trigger more often they could have taken the match(your quote in the paper about being complacent is certainly applicable).

I understand you defending your keeper.. but in the first 10 minutes of the game.. when the MB offense was setting up a corner.. the keeper was squatting inside his six... just didn't seem to be in the game mentally.. I would hope it was just one match..but sadly for you guys it was the wrong match.

I definitely have my fingers crossed for Socastee..but there is VERY little light at the end of this tunnel.. both MB and Socastee (and even NMB) are to be commended..it says a lot about the region and all involved with the programs..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't sleep

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard