Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
hat-trick
hat-trick
BE stuck it to emerald. Emerald didn't have a true shot on goal the entire game, the one that they did have was too far out, and the keeper actually had to come forward to get it. The Ricciardone brothers will be two of the top players in the state in 2 years.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Eastside-Socastee. For the first 20 minutes, I am not sure that Eastside made one mistake. Their touches and passes seemed perfect to the centimeter. 3 shots on goal, 3 goals. Socastee obviously without their starting keeper who was injured in the semi final, put one of their top players in goal, because he is the best athelete. He didn't do a bad job at all considering that he isn't a goalie, but it took away from their attack. Eastsides perfection faded away and Socastee scored 2 goals in the second half, and could have had 2 more. Both goals came from Drew Kiser, the goalie in the first half.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
CC-AM was a very back and forth game with both teams getting their chances. Neither team finished real well.

If there was a problem anywhere it was the field. Other posts alude to it as well. They must have either had rain last night or watered it because the traction was terrible. People triping over the ball constantly. If they go back there in 2006, eveyone better wear screw ins and bring plenty of spare cleats.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Irmo 0-1 SA
INCREDIBLE GAME!!! I was on the tip of my seat/standing most of the game. Jamal scored in the 23 minute, and got a yellow card, because he and goose both took off their shirts, revealing USC shirts underneath. This confirmed my earlier topic about him commiting (verbally) to USC, and got the crowd pumped. Irmo had 3 great chances in the second half all in one little series, but Goose saved the day by catching the ball on the line (Savitz was issued a yellow card because, I think, he was arguing whether the ball crossed the line). I think that Irmo had more quality opportunities, but Goose makes shots that would be close look very easy. Overall, SA came to play, and so did Irmo, SA just finished, and certainly deserves to be #1

hat-trick
hat-trick
I felt that the officiating throughout the day, was good, and there were calls that I dissagreed with, but there will always be, and I thought they were minimal.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Guardrail, we know now that you are a fan, and an uneducated one at that. The problem was by no means the field, or wetness. (though the grass was short) the problem was the ball. The balls they used must have cost 4 dollars apeice, and they were made by spalding. This is nearly as bad as the BHHS picture. I played with the balls for a little bit, and they were horrible.

S
kick off
kick off
S
the save on the goal line was a good call by the refs. i was sitting on the end line and it wasn't in, but there could have been a hand ball as a SA defender tried to clear the ball, i couldnt really tell , and that may have been what savitz was arguing. really tough for irmo though, they killed in the 2nd half.

corner kick
corner kick
quote:
I played with the balls for a little bit, and they were horrible.

how so ben p. and what would you suggest for future years, i doubt we would see the league by $120 balls.

corner kick
corner kick
Savitz was grabbing his arm with his hand...making a holding type of motion..i dont really know what he was arguing.

corner kick
corner kick
I too was on the line and felt that it wasn't in, but it was DEFINITELY a hand ball. At the least it was a PK.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard