Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
D
Mr. Play, why so much animosity towards Eastside?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCA6767 - If you see the picture for that incident on today's State newspaper you can understand why #16 he was cautioned for his dangerous tackle. It doesn't matter how early in the game, you get it if it is deserved. I think Eastside was awsome first half. But give the second half to Socastee. Good job to both teams.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
benp - just for your benefit I played high school soccer and went to my first college game in 1963 - Navy vs Brockport State in round one of the NCAA tournament, so I've only been watching the game for 42 years.

I think the thing people miss about the EHS socastee game is the Socastee GK is the first half was a field player. Their starter was out due to injury in semis. With him in goal or even the field player on the field and their JV keeper in goal throughout EHS probably looses. The three goals hey got were all very saveable from what we've seen on tape in the upstate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Christ Church dominated Magnet"
Thegreat_1
you're a f---ing joke, by the way emerald sux and got destroyed by BE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo fans are not babies...we just get tired of playing both the other team and the refs, too.

SA had the better team in this game and probably this year. They handled Northwestern and beat Irmo already once this year.

Having said that, the officiating was terrible. The first half was a joke. SA was running over our players with the ball from behind, holding, and more. Furthermore, it seemed like the head ref had an axe to grind with the Irmo coaching staff.

The lineman on the stadium side was blind when he needed to be. He could call out of bounds balls way down the sideline, but he missed 2 obvious handballs on SA in the box that could've evened the game up.

They also were sleeping when SA had a player just run on the field in the middle of play!!!

Like I said...SA probably had the better team. They beat Irmo to most balls and filled the passing lanes on defense. Congrats to them.

Irmo has nothing to be embarrassed about. They played with heart and represented us well. Hats off to another great season.

It's just a shame that the refs are this pitiful every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please, the refs did fine. You guys got tons of calls in the second half, and still couldn't capitalize on the free kicks. In the first half, South Aiken did something called "playing physically." EVERY tackle and contest in the midfield was clean. Irmo just wasn't tough enough to handle them. Except for Greene - I liked the way he played.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I didn't say that you never did play guardrail, i was just pointing out that you weren't on the field, because the field wasn't the problem, it was the best field and in the best condition any of the players played on all year, it was those crappy balls
and jamal and goose taking off their shirts was incrdible cap'n, I never thought it was stupid or unsportsmanlike, they weren't taunting anybody, just showing their pride to be playing their first game on USC turf.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G14 if Emerald "sux" so bad why was it that you guys were so scared to come up to greenwood to play them and the Dixie hornets??? It sounds like a classic case of sore losers to me!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grapefruit, since when is knocking somebody off the ball from behind or grabbing a jersey and pulling a guy to the ground "playing physically?"

On the other hand, if Irmo even caused a guy to halfway stumble with his dribble, they got nailed.

I don't mind physical play as long as both sides are allowed to play physical.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
GOOB, AM wasn't afraid to play ya'll, but we originally didn't know it was a weekend of SATs. Emerald was trying to get the game moved to after the SATs so their players could take them, but our players wouldn't, because we would be staying overnight at Erskine during the time of the SATs and many of the players had already registered. When the game was scheduled to be played while the SATs were also being taken, we were considering keeping the game, as Juniors from BOTH teams would be absent, but when the Emerald coach wanted to push the time back, we didn't find it fair, and with the numerous time changes from the other team, cancelled. We didn't feel it was necessary to play Dixie either when the state championship brackets would decide whether or not they were the better team. Thank you for falsley accusing AM of being "sore losers" when you didn't even know exactly what was going on.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard