any more updates?

goal kick
goal kick
BE won 2-0

MP Offline
goal kick
goal kick
Pinewood 1 : 0 Heathwood
A Dale Hitchcock free kick with 6:30 remaining in the game gives PW the win. Both teams had good scoring chances, but PW came out strong in the second half. Good game, a great run by HH.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at the socastee- eastside game. I heard it was 3-2 eastside.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah it was 3-2. Eastside pounded them in the first half though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Christ Church dominated Magnet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I definately would not say that. AM had many good looks during the first half. It came down to keepers it seemed and CC's made the saves that AM's just could'nt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
isn't there always someone here with updates on that last game? where are they this year?!

I hear SA 1 - Irmo 0 at the half, but that's all I have.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Just talked to Benp .. 1-0 with about 18 minutes to go.. SA winning..

apparently it's pretty friggin' ridiculous out there.. Irmo just had two chances..and Savitz got a yellow!

ps..i have my cell with me for updates as they happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's Go SA!!!!!!!

R
goal kick
goal kick
R
Just heard from someone at the game. South Aiken won, I think 1-0. Jamal scores at the 25 minute mark. Apparently, S. Aiken outplayed Irmo the first half and Irmo was dominating the second half. Probably the best matchup we could have had for state in 4A. Great job Irmo for representing region V well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other than NW avenging the past two losses you mean...

Next year.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, that's what I hear too. the savitz yellow resulting from some disagreement at goal, there will probably be some conversation about that once everybody gets home.

that's the unfortunate part of a hard-fought game, huh? someone has to win, so.. someone has to lose.

my congratulations to all participants. [Smile] I sure am glad I'm not a ref.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Yeah..it's final

SA wins 1-0

Goal by Jamal in the 20(something) minute

Goose makes a save on the goal line (something like that) Savitz contests..get's the yellow..

J
world cup
world cup
J
Eastside/Socastee

#21 for Socastee in goal..Eastside dominates first 20 minutes.. 3 shots 3 goals.. JV keeper is put in.. #21 scores both of Socastee's goals

THIS IS ALL STRAIGHT FROM BENP

hat-trick
hat-trick
AM-CC, rather boring game i thought. Christ church scored in overtime, off a poor play by the am keeper. AM's star up top tripped on the ball, (which was happening all day) maybe 6 or 7 times, which could have made a difference on the outcome.

hat-trick
hat-trick
BE stuck it to emerald. Emerald didn't have a true shot on goal the entire game, the one that they did have was too far out, and the keeper actually had to come forward to get it. The Ricciardone brothers will be two of the top players in the state in 2 years.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Eastside-Socastee. For the first 20 minutes, I am not sure that Eastside made one mistake. Their touches and passes seemed perfect to the centimeter. 3 shots on goal, 3 goals. Socastee obviously without their starting keeper who was injured in the semi final, put one of their top players in goal, because he is the best athelete. He didn't do a bad job at all considering that he isn't a goalie, but it took away from their attack. Eastsides perfection faded away and Socastee scored 2 goals in the second half, and could have had 2 more. Both goals came from Drew Kiser, the goalie in the first half.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
CC-AM was a very back and forth game with both teams getting their chances. Neither team finished real well.

If there was a problem anywhere it was the field. Other posts alude to it as well. They must have either had rain last night or watered it because the traction was terrible. People triping over the ball constantly. If they go back there in 2006, eveyone better wear screw ins and bring plenty of spare cleats.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Irmo 0-1 SA
INCREDIBLE GAME!!! I was on the tip of my seat/standing most of the game. Jamal scored in the 23 minute, and got a yellow card, because he and goose both took off their shirts, revealing USC shirts underneath. This confirmed my earlier topic about him commiting (verbally) to USC, and got the crowd pumped. Irmo had 3 great chances in the second half all in one little series, but Goose saved the day by catching the ball on the line (Savitz was issued a yellow card because, I think, he was arguing whether the ball crossed the line). I think that Irmo had more quality opportunities, but Goose makes shots that would be close look very easy. Overall, SA came to play, and so did Irmo, SA just finished, and certainly deserves to be #1

hat-trick
hat-trick
I felt that the officiating throughout the day, was good, and there were calls that I dissagreed with, but there will always be, and I thought they were minimal.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Guardrail, we know now that you are a fan, and an uneducated one at that. The problem was by no means the field, or wetness. (though the grass was short) the problem was the ball. The balls they used must have cost 4 dollars apeice, and they were made by spalding. This is nearly as bad as the BHHS picture. I played with the balls for a little bit, and they were horrible.

S
kick off
kick off
S
the save on the goal line was a good call by the refs. i was sitting on the end line and it wasn't in, but there could have been a hand ball as a SA defender tried to clear the ball, i couldnt really tell , and that may have been what savitz was arguing. really tough for irmo though, they killed in the 2nd half.

corner kick
corner kick
quote:
I played with the balls for a little bit, and they were horrible.

how so ben p. and what would you suggest for future years, i doubt we would see the league by $120 balls.

corner kick
corner kick
Savitz was grabbing his arm with his hand...making a holding type of motion..i dont really know what he was arguing.

corner kick
corner kick
I too was on the line and felt that it wasn't in, but it was DEFINITELY a hand ball. At the least it was a PK.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was at the games and they were incredible. CC v. AM all the way to the Irmo v. SA game. couldnt ask for any better state championships.

B
goal
goal
B
Benp, did you have on a Duke T shirt at the SA-Irmo game?Just trying to put a name with a face.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*in that series*- one of the first shots was on the goal line i think and then it was weakly cleared...goose was on the ground as the ball was cleared to an irmo player right outside the six, he kicked it weak as goose dove across and grabbed it right in front on the goal, Savitz was holding his arm in a holding motion so i think he was complaining that one of his other players was held back on the goal line, it was chaos for a second so it was to hard to tell, but it didnt make a difference, i think Irmo can only blame themselves for not converting that chance, its hard to win when you blow an oppurtunity like that, but give Goose and the SA defense for scrapping it out through that little series

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
defense credit for*

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
heard some players comment on the ball as well.

maybe this is a dumb question but why would someone play a game as critical as this with a $4 ball.

Maybe because Spaulding donated them. Next year they should donate their $60 ball.

hat-trick
hat-trick
no, i had a palmetto cup shirt on, but i'm a huge duke fan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
irmo was all over jamal all game long.. it was pretty bad.. some questionable yellow cards given...

i give props to the police doing security.. the cop in front of the SA student section was great.. haha.

Congrats SA.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
does any one have stats of all the games or some of them >? like shots on goal etc. ?

just curious about how the games played out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo fans are such babies. Eastside players are such babies. Also, behind the concession tables, they had a box FULL of those Spalding balls that were not inflated yet. Must have been 20 of them.

With that being said, South Aiken won because of one reason only: those four or five guys at the back. Their defense was SO solid, and they outhustled the Yellow Jackets. Irmo didn't finish when they should have, either. South Aiken should have definitely won this game 3/4 to 1.

*** WATCH OUT FOR #19 JUGAL DALAL FOR IRMO. THREE MORE YEARS OF SOCCER LEFT AND THAT KID IS THE TRUTH. ***

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of you guys who think that Jamal is the next soccer god you must be joking. All week long all I've heard of is how Jamal is the "real deal". Even though he scored a goal, it was a hard to miss and a very weak one. Irmo let him goal side which should have never happened and then the last defender fell down so the ball was just bouncing right in front of the goal on the six with the just the keeper to beat. Did anyone happen to see his shot in the opening minutes that he got played through and had a 1 v 1 with the keeper in the 18 and he hit it out of bounds, FOR A THROW IN. Any GREAT player would have buried that. Other than that Irmo tied him up pretty good, so I still don't believe that Jamal is a great player

goal
goal
Sexy Grapefruit, I agree with you about the SA defense - they deserve most of the credit. I don't know about the 3/4 to 1, though. Both teams had numerous chances.

You are right about Jugal Dulal - he came off the bench for an injured Irmo player and was amazing! He is definitely one to watch.

Brace
Brace
The ball for the state championship games obviously sucked. Players were "tripping" all over the ball during the games (and I saw four of them)! Why do they play with such sucky balls?

goal
goal
michaelangelo, I have to disagree - I was very skeptical about this Geathers kid going into the game tonight, but while I don't think he some some soccer god, he is very fast and very skilled. I saw his goal again on the news, and it was a pretty nice one. I was impressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as for jamal i think he is the real deal.....but he needs to finish better...against nw he had like 3 chances in front of goal and shanked shanked them and when he goes 1 v 1 with a player he looses the ball cuz he tries to split 2 defenders or do something fancy.....he did score two goals in that game and won teh state championship so what more can you ask for....but who cares about him.....that goose kid is some1 i think can be a very good college player at usc....looking forward to seeing him ball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the officiating was terrible in the Eastside vs. Socastee game. Matt Huff got a yellow card 8 seconds into the game. And that center ref, "the ref of the year" gave all of the calls to Socastee. The first 25 minutes of that game by Eastside was absolutely flawless. I was amazed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah what was with that? The guy must have been really excited about getting his plaque because he gave out like 5 cards in the first half and he did it really over-dramatically. And also from what i saw Eastside looked like the best team in state they crushed in the first half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jamal is the real deal! I'm sure that green you are wearing must be about choking you by now. I don't recall seeing any of you out there on the field. Only in your dreams..... You can all critisize...but give SA a hand! YOU DID IT BOYS! Let everyone pick that game apart... but YOU did it. SOUTH AIKEN HIGH SCHOOL BOYS AND GIRLS SOCCER ROCKS! WE LOVE YOU TOO AIKEN HIGH!

Goal
Goal
quote:
Originally posted by Sexual Grapefruit:
Irmo fans are such babies. Eastside players are such babies.

A-F-ING-MEN

corner kick
corner kick
nobody is gonna comment on Jamal's and gooses obvious attempt to get a yellow. I thought it was pretty awesome at first, but after later thought i just kinda thought it was an unsportsmanlike thing to do

Goal
Goal
BS

GO COCKS!!!!

D
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
D
Mr. Play, why so much animosity towards Eastside?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCA6767 - If you see the picture for that incident on today's State newspaper you can understand why #16 he was cautioned for his dangerous tackle. It doesn't matter how early in the game, you get it if it is deserved. I think Eastside was awsome first half. But give the second half to Socastee. Good job to both teams.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
benp - just for your benefit I played high school soccer and went to my first college game in 1963 - Navy vs Brockport State in round one of the NCAA tournament, so I've only been watching the game for 42 years.

I think the thing people miss about the EHS socastee game is the Socastee GK is the first half was a field player. Their starter was out due to injury in semis. With him in goal or even the field player on the field and their JV keeper in goal throughout EHS probably looses. The three goals hey got were all very saveable from what we've seen on tape in the upstate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Christ Church dominated Magnet"
Thegreat_1
you're a f---ing joke, by the way emerald sux and got destroyed by BE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo fans are not babies...we just get tired of playing both the other team and the refs, too.

SA had the better team in this game and probably this year. They handled Northwestern and beat Irmo already once this year.

Having said that, the officiating was terrible. The first half was a joke. SA was running over our players with the ball from behind, holding, and more. Furthermore, it seemed like the head ref had an axe to grind with the Irmo coaching staff.

The lineman on the stadium side was blind when he needed to be. He could call out of bounds balls way down the sideline, but he missed 2 obvious handballs on SA in the box that could've evened the game up.

They also were sleeping when SA had a player just run on the field in the middle of play!!!

Like I said...SA probably had the better team. They beat Irmo to most balls and filled the passing lanes on defense. Congrats to them.

Irmo has nothing to be embarrassed about. They played with heart and represented us well. Hats off to another great season.

It's just a shame that the refs are this pitiful every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please, the refs did fine. You guys got tons of calls in the second half, and still couldn't capitalize on the free kicks. In the first half, South Aiken did something called "playing physically." EVERY tackle and contest in the midfield was clean. Irmo just wasn't tough enough to handle them. Except for Greene - I liked the way he played.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I didn't say that you never did play guardrail, i was just pointing out that you weren't on the field, because the field wasn't the problem, it was the best field and in the best condition any of the players played on all year, it was those crappy balls
and jamal and goose taking off their shirts was incrdible cap'n, I never thought it was stupid or unsportsmanlike, they weren't taunting anybody, just showing their pride to be playing their first game on USC turf.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G14 if Emerald "sux" so bad why was it that you guys were so scared to come up to greenwood to play them and the Dixie hornets??? It sounds like a classic case of sore losers to me!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grapefruit, since when is knocking somebody off the ball from behind or grabbing a jersey and pulling a guy to the ground "playing physically?"

On the other hand, if Irmo even caused a guy to halfway stumble with his dribble, they got nailed.

I don't mind physical play as long as both sides are allowed to play physical.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
GOOB, AM wasn't afraid to play ya'll, but we originally didn't know it was a weekend of SATs. Emerald was trying to get the game moved to after the SATs so their players could take them, but our players wouldn't, because we would be staying overnight at Erskine during the time of the SATs and many of the players had already registered. When the game was scheduled to be played while the SATs were also being taken, we were considering keeping the game, as Juniors from BOTH teams would be absent, but when the Emerald coach wanted to push the time back, we didn't find it fair, and with the numerous time changes from the other team, cancelled. We didn't feel it was necessary to play Dixie either when the state championship brackets would decide whether or not they were the better team. Thank you for falsley accusing AM of being "sore losers" when you didn't even know exactly what was going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they were

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well just look at some other posts on other threads around this site and tell me that they are not crying CC earned their state rings yesterday and you guys try to blame the ref for your loss. I would say blame your very under average keeper for not being able to save a ball cleanly all day. Also Emerald never had a problem with the SAT form what i know you guys were the ones who kept having ssceduling conflicts with the SAT and field trips. Well just to put things into perspective Emerald got cut 4-0 by CC because their players were just coming back or were still on vacation. So it would seem that you guys could have taken it like a man and honor what you said and come to the upper state and play those teams. Im guessing that the "key" players were out so it would have been a waste to come up to this part of the state and get beat by Emerald and having to worry about suffering a loss to the lowly Dixie hornets.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
GOOB, please, make your sentences understandable! "Well just look at some other posts on other threads around this site and tell me that they are not crying CC earned their state rings yesterday" After reading over it a few times, I finally get it, but seriously, if you want to make an argument, make sure your "opponent" understands what you're trying to say, or it doesn't work. Learn how to write. Secondly, we're not blaming the refs for our loss. There's three things that you cannot change about the game: The field, the refs, and the weather. We know this. We have every right to complain about it, because we didn't expect the field to be as wet as it was (nothing we can do about it), and we also felt that there were a few calls that the refs should have made that weren't (again, nothing that can be done about it). We're not saying its they're fault, we're just complaining, letting those who may have the power to change this know, that we are concerned. Our keeper isn't under average, nor did he not cleanly save balls all day. The only goal, in overtime remember, was a shot off of a deflection from the post to the opposite corner. It was a nice goal, I must admit. Besides, for a beginning keeper that hadn't played keeper before entering high school,while many of us have played soccer since we were kids, he's not bad at all. He made all-region. We know Emerald never had a problem with the SAT stuff, because the Emerald coach wanted to schedule the game AFTER the SATs, while our players would have to miss the game, and their players would be able to make it. Besides, CC is much closer to Emerald than AM is to Emerald. It was much easier for ya'll to go and play them on a regular day (Spring break btw), than it was for us to make hotel arrangements, skip the SATs, and travel up to Erskine to play two games in a row. We won the West Ashley Invitational tournament just fine without some of our players that were on spring break. Yet that's what you blame your 4-0 loss on. Also, get your subject verb agreement correct buddy. "you guys could have taken it like a man" seriously, "taken it like men." Apparently you didn't do too well on your SATs. We weren't the ones not honoring what we had said, Emerald changed the times. We were going to go (without the SAT-taking Juniors) to Emerald, until they changed the time. Seeing as we go to the ACADEMIC MAGNET, we have some priorities, like getting into good colleges that most of us hope to play at least intramural soccer for. We're also a 1A high school. Emerald is 2A. Congratulations on noticing the difference and why we're not in the same division. 2A schools have more people. GASP! A REVELATION! You can afford to have missing people on your team. You have a greater selection for a soccer team, and thus, can easily replace missing players with those that are not as good, but still decent. Coming from a school of right around 500 students, where many of the kids focus on academics and don't play sports, we have a very low turnout for many sporting events and activities. Therefore when some of us are away, its hard to replace them. But you wouldn't know anything about replacing players would you. Its what you blame your loss to CC on. We don't have "key" players, we're a team, but again, you might not know much about that... Finally, how would you know how the AM team played? Weren't you too busy losing to BE?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok first i do not nor have i ever played for Emerald. I just could'nt help but take offense to one of your players making the comment that EHS "sux". Maybe you should get your boy and teach him how to spell since you were so critical of my typing skills. And i did very well on the SAT, notice that there is no writing section on the SAT so i can mess up a posts on a high school soccer website all i want and my SAT score will never suffer. Maybe if you guys would have worried as much about soccer as you were about the SAT you could have won the State Championship. Also don't try to give me any crap about not having enough "talent" at your school you guys can just recruit whoever you want to play anyway. And just so you know i hat to bring up the whole recruiting thing on this board because so many people get ****ed about it. Also your school has been 2A up until this year so don't try to make excuses about bigger schools having more students than you. AM is one of the largest 1A schools in the state. Also it was a nice goal because your keeper tried to punch it out because he has a 1 inch vertical leap!!!

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
I do apologize for assuming ur were an Emerald player. But on the grammar note, who care is they can't spell, as long as you can understand it. "notice that there is no writing section on the SAT" Buddy, where have u been? They JUST ADDED IT! thats why its called the NEW SAT. But SAT's aside, I realize this is a soccer forum. and what do you mean recruit? We don't recruit! You make it seem like we have a signing day and signing bonuses. Its a high school league. We don't go out into the community and look for players to play for us. We take what we get and train them to be the best they can be. About being 2A, in comparison to Emerald, AM is much smaller than Emerald, so as we USED to be 2A, but now we're 1A, you can either say we're the largest 1A school, or the smallest 2A school, still having a smaller selection from the community. Therefore, no, we can't recruit "whoever [we] want to play." And again, learn to argue, your closing argument of "Also it was a nice goal because your keeper tried to punch it out because he has a 1 inch vertical leap!!!" doesn't make sense. You argue that the reason our keeper tried to punch it out was BECAUSE he has a 1 inch vertical leap that the reason why it was a nice goal was BECAUSE our keeper tried to punch it out. Like I said, learn to argue. Seriously. This is just wasting my time. I have better things to do. And do you have any room to talk? You only won ONE game this year against a winning team. Congratulations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont even play anymore do your research kid!!! Maybe thats the reason why i did not know about the writing section on the SAT. Sorry to offend you all-knowing one i stand before you in this virtual world humbled by the fact that your grammer is better than mine since that obviously has so much to do with soccer. I could never do as well as a guy like you on the SAT. So have a great time at the country club and the catillions this summer and good luck to your team next year i thought you guys should have won yesterday by the way!!!

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Thanks for the good look. Btw, I hate catillion. Your commentary about playing Emerald and Dixie make it seem like ur a player and that you wanted AM to play ya'll. I'm not calling myself all-knowing, or anythign close to it. Besides, being a kid that knows his stuff about school has nothing to do with going to country clubs an ccatillions. Thanks for the good luck, and thanks for thinking we should have won. Hopefully next year will be better. I hope we get the chance to play ya'll next year, sorry for some of the harsh comments, I sorta needed to get some post-season stress out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wheres L-E dude when theres a good argument going on!!!

hat-trick
hat-trick
LE dude is in Myrtle beach for the summer, and won't be able to post much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ohh man this site won't be able to go on without the moderator!!!

goal
goal
What IS LE, anyway? Not the dude, the school...is it Lower Eastside, or something like that? Left Out? (maybe they can't spell) Less Efficient? Lotsa Envy? What?

Goal
Goal
Lugoff-Elgin. How does someone not know that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was he being serious??? I thought it was a joke!!!

goal
goal
Lugoff-Elgin? Now, YOU are the one who's kidding, right? They actually play futbol in Lugoff-Elgin? With what...cowpatties...or Wilson balls. Or, Lugoff-Elgin oysters?

coach
coach
Yes, they do not play a form of soccer/futbol in Lugoff:
http://www.adultswim.com/games/hm_lookalive/index.html
But their refs are kinda gay:
http://www.punchbaby.com/media/gitfakt/clips/funny/ArbitoGay.wmv

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are moving to L-E in the near future right???

goal
goal
Soon as I learn how to Squeeeeeal like a pig !

Boy, you shur gotta purdy mouf....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was actually talking to 2004 and his "Gay Ref"

quote. He is a ref and as we all know are quite GAY. But you sure do Squeel nicely!!

B
goal
goal
B
2004 is not gay, just a little "light in his loafers."

coach
coach
Shearer,
Watch out.........I will give soccermom-eva your trailer park address.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GOD please do.....are you kidding.....no no please don't......FINE BY ME!!! Send her over but not too early!

Make sure she knows it is a DOUBLE WIDE!!!!

coach
coach
Lot #14, right??

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard