Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was at the games and they were incredible. CC v. AM all the way to the Irmo v. SA game. couldnt ask for any better state championships.

B
goal
goal
B
Benp, did you have on a Duke T shirt at the SA-Irmo game?Just trying to put a name with a face.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*in that series*- one of the first shots was on the goal line i think and then it was weakly cleared...goose was on the ground as the ball was cleared to an irmo player right outside the six, he kicked it weak as goose dove across and grabbed it right in front on the goal, Savitz was holding his arm in a holding motion so i think he was complaining that one of his other players was held back on the goal line, it was chaos for a second so it was to hard to tell, but it didnt make a difference, i think Irmo can only blame themselves for not converting that chance, its hard to win when you blow an oppurtunity like that, but give Goose and the SA defense for scrapping it out through that little series

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
defense credit for*

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
heard some players comment on the ball as well.

maybe this is a dumb question but why would someone play a game as critical as this with a $4 ball.

Maybe because Spaulding donated them. Next year they should donate their $60 ball.

hat-trick
hat-trick
no, i had a palmetto cup shirt on, but i'm a huge duke fan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
irmo was all over jamal all game long.. it was pretty bad.. some questionable yellow cards given...

i give props to the police doing security.. the cop in front of the SA student section was great.. haha.

Congrats SA.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
does any one have stats of all the games or some of them >? like shots on goal etc. ?

just curious about how the games played out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo fans are such babies. Eastside players are such babies. Also, behind the concession tables, they had a box FULL of those Spalding balls that were not inflated yet. Must have been 20 of them.

With that being said, South Aiken won because of one reason only: those four or five guys at the back. Their defense was SO solid, and they outhustled the Yellow Jackets. Irmo didn't finish when they should have, either. South Aiken should have definitely won this game 3/4 to 1.

*** WATCH OUT FOR #19 JUGAL DALAL FOR IRMO. THREE MORE YEARS OF SOCCER LEFT AND THAT KID IS THE TRUTH. ***

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of you guys who think that Jamal is the next soccer god you must be joking. All week long all I've heard of is how Jamal is the "real deal". Even though he scored a goal, it was a hard to miss and a very weak one. Irmo let him goal side which should have never happened and then the last defender fell down so the ball was just bouncing right in front of the goal on the six with the just the keeper to beat. Did anyone happen to see his shot in the opening minutes that he got played through and had a 1 v 1 with the keeper in the 18 and he hit it out of bounds, FOR A THROW IN. Any GREAT player would have buried that. Other than that Irmo tied him up pretty good, so I still don't believe that Jamal is a great player

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard