Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#29659 05/14/05 06:33 PM
J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Coach Steve Brown (coached 01'&02') came back to L-E this year..not soon enough to schedule/approve a pre-season Alumni match. But was able to get a post-season Alumni match approved (the only approved fundraiser [Frown] )

Tonight 6PM Lugoff-Elgin Stadium

Oh yeah..there is some kind of thing going on in Columbia today too.. "State Championship"..I think that's what they call it..

Someone will have to let me know how that goes.. I'll let you guys know how many goals I score.. [Roll Eyes]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Matt Harris and Gerrardo Gomez going to be there? How about Joey Whatshisname?

corner kick
corner kick
what history...LE soccer.

corner kick
corner kick
good luck though jack, score 2 for me.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Sexual Grapefruit:
Are Matt Harris and Gerrardo Gomez going to be there? How about Joey Whatshisname?

Matt Harris for sure.. Gerrado can't make it.. Joey Brasington last I heard should be there..

I'll post the roster and what not after i know for sure..

Taylor- Since I'm such a nice guy.. I'll score THREE for you..and one or two for me.. [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by cap'n walt:
what history...LE soccer.

..have to start somewhere. For some reason it's incredibly difficult to get fundraisers approved..over the last 4-5 years.. we've done carwashes.. summer camps.. now an alumni match

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Disclaimer: If you don't care about this..or have something better to do..turn back now..

Tonight on ESPN 8 "THE OCHO" ..we have recap of the 1st Annual Lugoff-Elgin Alumni Game...

Lugoff-Elgin Alumni Roster:

Older Than Time/Don't know when they graduated
Allen(sp) Riches
Lance Gleaton
Pat Sullivan
Luke (didn't catch his last name [Frown] )

"Old" but not too old/Class of 00'
Raul Silva

Developing Beer Guts/Class of 03'
Chauncie Thrift
Jacob Turner
Matthew Harris
John Jordan
Brian Clifton
Joe Garber
Will Roberts
Edgar Silva

Old Fart? I'm barely 19!/Class of 04'
Jack Rozier
Matt Watts
Will Kelly

So everyone knows.. I was introduced tonight as "Jack 'L-E Dude' Rozier"..

Anyway.. 2-1 Alumni at the half. I thought we'd pound them early than fade away (lack of physical fitness) ..when it was really more like we(Alumni) spent the first half figuring out how to play together..then pounded them

Alumni
1st - Raul Silva
2nd - Matt Watts

Varsity
1st - Ricky Taylor

Second half Alumni figured eachother out. Will Roberts scored with the nicest shot of the night.. off the far post..solid shot.. that opened up the flood gates

Alumni
3rd - Will Roberts
4th - Jack Rozier (Game Winner) [Cool]
5th - Matt Harris
6th - Chauncie Trift
7th - Raul Silva

Varsity
2nd - Ian Barker
3rd - Ricky Taylor

Alumni - 7
Varsity - 3

Overall..VERY impressed with how smoothly the whole thing ran. MAJOR props to Coach Brown.. I know most of you don't care (hell..i'm basically writing this for myself) but this was really a success..thoroughly enjoyed myself..quality soccer from both the old guys and the kids..

..one step at a time.

Here are some pictures for those of you that prefer visual gratification as opposed to the vernacular..

-
Crowd doubled shortly after this pic.. which isn't bad for the 1st time and with school mostly over.
Saw a lot of friends/non-soccer players/non-parents ..which is good.

-
"Warming-up" during Half-time..

-
How about those retro Tuff Stuff jerseys?! I think those beat Wilson balls anyday..

Yeah..that's about it.. ..oh.. apparently SA beat Irmo tonight.. ::yawn:: ..I kid..

corner kick
corner kick
congrats jack, i love half of the people are blinking in the last pic.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Thanks for posting Jack. It was difficult to schedule; I hated competing with the state playoffs. It was great to see all of you in action again. Each of you made me proud. Thanks to Jorge Uribe, Jarret Epperson and Hannah Walsh for officiating. God Bless Karen Fogle for everything she has done for the program this year. She is the unsung heroine. Also, thanks to Steven Stanton, Katie Harrison, Adam Peake, and Savannah for booth operation and gate collection. Go Demons!

brace
brace
Is that a beer gut starting to develop on you Jack...

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Nah..see..those Tuff Stuff jerseys aren't "form fitting" so..the picture is deceiving [Wink]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard