Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#29659 05/14/05 06:33 PM
J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Coach Steve Brown (coached 01'&02') came back to L-E this year..not soon enough to schedule/approve a pre-season Alumni match. But was able to get a post-season Alumni match approved (the only approved fundraiser [Frown] )

Tonight 6PM Lugoff-Elgin Stadium

Oh yeah..there is some kind of thing going on in Columbia today too.. "State Championship"..I think that's what they call it..

Someone will have to let me know how that goes.. I'll let you guys know how many goals I score.. [Roll Eyes]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Matt Harris and Gerrardo Gomez going to be there? How about Joey Whatshisname?

corner kick
corner kick
what history...LE soccer.

corner kick
corner kick
good luck though jack, score 2 for me.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Sexual Grapefruit:
Are Matt Harris and Gerrardo Gomez going to be there? How about Joey Whatshisname?

Matt Harris for sure.. Gerrado can't make it.. Joey Brasington last I heard should be there..

I'll post the roster and what not after i know for sure..

Taylor- Since I'm such a nice guy.. I'll score THREE for you..and one or two for me.. [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by cap'n walt:
what history...LE soccer.

..have to start somewhere. For some reason it's incredibly difficult to get fundraisers approved..over the last 4-5 years.. we've done carwashes.. summer camps.. now an alumni match

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Disclaimer: If you don't care about this..or have something better to do..turn back now..

Tonight on ESPN 8 "THE OCHO" ..we have recap of the 1st Annual Lugoff-Elgin Alumni Game...

Lugoff-Elgin Alumni Roster:

Older Than Time/Don't know when they graduated
Allen(sp) Riches
Lance Gleaton
Pat Sullivan
Luke (didn't catch his last name [Frown] )

"Old" but not too old/Class of 00'
Raul Silva

Developing Beer Guts/Class of 03'
Chauncie Thrift
Jacob Turner
Matthew Harris
John Jordan
Brian Clifton
Joe Garber
Will Roberts
Edgar Silva

Old Fart? I'm barely 19!/Class of 04'
Jack Rozier
Matt Watts
Will Kelly

So everyone knows.. I was introduced tonight as "Jack 'L-E Dude' Rozier"..

Anyway.. 2-1 Alumni at the half. I thought we'd pound them early than fade away (lack of physical fitness) ..when it was really more like we(Alumni) spent the first half figuring out how to play together..then pounded them

Alumni
1st - Raul Silva
2nd - Matt Watts

Varsity
1st - Ricky Taylor

Second half Alumni figured eachother out. Will Roberts scored with the nicest shot of the night.. off the far post..solid shot.. that opened up the flood gates

Alumni
3rd - Will Roberts
4th - Jack Rozier (Game Winner) [Cool]
5th - Matt Harris
6th - Chauncie Trift
7th - Raul Silva

Varsity
2nd - Ian Barker
3rd - Ricky Taylor

Alumni - 7
Varsity - 3

Overall..VERY impressed with how smoothly the whole thing ran. MAJOR props to Coach Brown.. I know most of you don't care (hell..i'm basically writing this for myself) but this was really a success..thoroughly enjoyed myself..quality soccer from both the old guys and the kids..

..one step at a time.

Here are some pictures for those of you that prefer visual gratification as opposed to the vernacular..

-
Crowd doubled shortly after this pic.. which isn't bad for the 1st time and with school mostly over.
Saw a lot of friends/non-soccer players/non-parents ..which is good.

-
"Warming-up" during Half-time..

-
How about those retro Tuff Stuff jerseys?! I think those beat Wilson balls anyday..

Yeah..that's about it.. ..oh.. apparently SA beat Irmo tonight.. ::yawn:: ..I kid..

corner kick
corner kick
congrats jack, i love half of the people are blinking in the last pic.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Thanks for posting Jack. It was difficult to schedule; I hated competing with the state playoffs. It was great to see all of you in action again. Each of you made me proud. Thanks to Jorge Uribe, Jarret Epperson and Hannah Walsh for officiating. God Bless Karen Fogle for everything she has done for the program this year. She is the unsung heroine. Also, thanks to Steven Stanton, Katie Harrison, Adam Peake, and Savannah for booth operation and gate collection. Go Demons!

brace
brace
Is that a beer gut starting to develop on you Jack...

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Nah..see..those Tuff Stuff jerseys aren't "form fitting" so..the picture is deceiving [Wink]

goal
goal
There really IS a place called Lugoff-Elgin...I never woulda believed it 'cept for the pichers.

So, the third picture is what happens when siblings are allowed to date each other? And, what exactly does a person do when they get OUT of L-E (that is, if they are allowed to leave)? Is graduation the pinnacle of a L-E alumnus' career, or is "graduation" even the proper word to use here?

Thank you so much for posting those pictures - makes me all warm inside...

Goal
Goal
quote:
There really IS a place called Lugoff-Elgin...I never woulda believed it 'cept for the pichers.
I would bet sure as Hell that "pichers" is the extent of Belligerent's vocabulary and spelling vernacular and that "woulda" is much like "coulda and shoulda" is the extent of his/hers imagination. By the way, I knew three dogs named that one time.

Brace
Brace
WOW!!! Let's leave it at that! L-E Dude - you are to be congratulated.

goal
goal
Aw, c'mon now, Cola Fan....I was just playin'. I specifically said "pichers" 'cause I thought it'd be easier for the L-E grads to read. See, just trying to be funny again. You knew three dogs named "that" one time? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but you just never know with people sometimes.

Anyway, I apologize if I offended you - just trying to see if I could get someone to take the bait - they did. Take care.

Go L-E AND L-E Dude !!!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Lugoff - not incorporated..West of the Wateree River on US 1 after Camden, SC

Elgin - incorporated..between Pontiac/Spring Valley and Lugoff

The school is Lugoff-Elgin ..the school is located in Lugoff.. the student body consists of people that live in Lugoff, Elgin, and some from Ridgeway and/or Pontiac that don't want to go to Spring Valley or Ridge View.

When I graduated LE (2004) our SAT scores were in the top 25 in the state..in all divisions.. and we don't discourage people from taking it..like a lot of schools at the top.

(Tell me what school you attend(ed) and I can probably give you just as much info..)

Also, a large portion of the student body are the children of Mack/Dana/DuPont transfers from the Northeast..so we aren't a bunch of country bumkin backwood hicks..

What's funny for me..and not saying this is the case for you..because Belligerent is an IMPRESSIVE word..but I laugh a little inside.. when new money SC rednecks trash-talk places/people they've never been or known(especially IN SC!). When you can tell me which fork is the salad fork..or explain to me which is the best route to get from SC to PA,NY,DC.. we'll talk about being educated/worldly.. and who is a hick.

coach
coach
LE Dudeman,
Benp lippen said you were spending your summer at Myrtle, so I dont know if you noticed this prior post I made in response to Belli about LE soccer.

2004striker
Yes, they do not play a form of soccer/futbol in Lugoff:
http://www.adultswim.com/games/hm_lookalive/index.html
But their refs are kinda gay:
http://www.punchbaby.com/media/gitfakt/clips/funny/ArbitoGay.wmv

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Always setting the precedent for clever/classy posting..even in the post-season!

You are to be commended..

(Yeah..living in Surfside..working at Tripp's in Broadway at the Beach [We have a scratch kitchen which means the majority of what we serve is made in-house..we also serve certified angus beef..which is the top 8% of all graded beef in the nation.. it is hand-cut and lightly season then..etc etc] If you ask nicely I can get you a 30% discount..)

brace
brace
Sounds like you are the new poster boy for Tripp's. What are you: a Marketing major?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Ehh..I don't know about "poster boy" but.. I like the place.. the staff is cool..and the food is good.. plus the pay isn't too shabby..and they drill all that stuff into your head..

I'm a Communications major (close enough)

coach
coach
Only 30% ?? I think the quarterfinalists in the PLC should get at least 40%.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
I get 50% on days I work (Club sandwich, caesar salad, and a drink for $4).. and I can get 30% for myself and a guest anytime.. that's the deal right when you're hired too..

Is the economy that bad in Floraville? I mean..I know you're playing in Bolden and all..but REALLY?!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
What is wrong with you? The other day you have me reporting girl's state scores..and now you ask me about something on the first page of this thread?!

..how long have you been retired old man?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
My mistake..as for your links..I must decline..not on my computer..not on high-speed..don't care enough to wait.. forgive me?

p.s. - I'm out.. can't waste anymore of my day off here... as good ole Chelsea Blues put it.. Stay Classy SC soccer

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
While some of you were watching Riverside and Northwestern crush the hopes and dreams of many of the Midlands youth..I was back in Lugoff on more time..for one more match at Lugoff-Elgin's Demon Stadium.

Yes, Saturday 6PM marked the 2nd Annual Lugoff-Elgin Varsity Soccer Alumni game.

I think I speak for everyone when I say it was a complete success from the Alumni point of view..and all indications from Coach Steve Brown are that it was a complete success from a fundraising point of view as well.

Can't give enough credit to Coach Brown and all the volunteers who put it together and made it happen. Looks like we've got a good thing going and I'm really excited about the possibilities in the coming years.

Last year's match featured Alumni from 2000 to 2004..while this year's match featured alumni from as far back as 1986.

Interesting enough L-E played the likes of SV, Irmo, etc in those days..Class of 86' representative Dan Miller didn't remember any scores..but that's probably for the best!

Anyway..this year's Alumni participants were:

Class of 1986
Dan Miller

Class of 2000
Raul Silva

Class of 2002
Jason Dixon
Gerrardo Gomez
Edgar Silva

Class of 2003
Brian Clifton
Matthew Harris
Chauncie Thrift
Jacob Turner
Joe Garber

Class of 2004
Jack Rozier
Matthew Watts

Class of 2005
Josh Wiesen
George Fogle
Chris Stevens
Christian Ramirez
Steven Stanton
Andrew Wall

-

-
05' Josh Wiesen moves the ball up field 04' Matt Watts anchored the Alumni defense most of the night.

-
Former LE standout 02' Gerrardo Gomez does his thing.

-
LE Alumni talking "strategy" at the half..

-

Alumni won 4-2. Jason Dixon tended the net for us all night and didn't show much rust at all for a 4 year absence from the field. Matt Harris scored two for the Alumni and is currently playing for D2 Pfieffer University Falcons in North Carolina.

Next year we're planning to make the game a preseason scrimmage like most alumni games and also hoping to bridge the gap of L-E soccer between 1986 and 2000. Cheers.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Hey Jack, is that Jarret Epperson guarding Gomez in one of those pictures?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Yeah. He plays(ed) club for Coach B in Lex.. He also scored the two for varsity..i believe.

W
bench
bench
W
as a 73 graduate i'm especially proud of LE HIGH for what it stands for. the alumni was great in the game. my son tanner had a great time playing against the old stars,he is just a junior and is looking forward to when he is an alumni. great job coach brown keep up the good work. thanks for a fun afternoon and fund raiser.steve moak

B
goal
goal
B
Belligerant,

You never know where you might run into a LE Alumni.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard