Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, this season is over obviously. Which team is going to have the upper hand next year? Northwestern is only losing 3 seniors and only one of them started every game. NW will is looking to have an even better year next year. Who else will be good?

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Anyone know how many seniors CC is losing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

brace
brace
In 3A, Eastside will still be good, but they do lose some very good seniors. I don't expect them to be quite as sharp next year. Expect Riverside and Greenville to contend for the title next year. My pick is Greenville. They were good this year and they are still relatively young.

In 4A, NW should be the obvious choice for the finals because they were good this year and they aren't losing much. Dorman and Mauldin also return most of their players and lose very little to graduation. Expect those three teams to dominate the upstate next year.

J
Brace
Brace
J
And if anyone overlooks DF for next year in 4A, they are crazy!

B
goal
goal
B
Watch out for Wando and Dutch Fork in the lower state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DF is going to be really really good next year. They only lost 3 people which only 1 played a lot and 1 played a little.

They have Danny Cates, Nicky Cates, Kipp Amaker, Drew Sams and Jason McCabe. They are going to be solid. Watch out for them next year.

M
throw in
throw in
M
No one wastes time on boosting for next year on here.

I
bench
bench
I
the beach will be just as tough if not tougher than this year... mb is loosing 2 seniors.. both starters- both all state... socastee will loose maybe 4 if not 5.. but they're alwayse decent... nmb is loosing 3 starting seniors, one all-state.. but who cares.. they will probabyly just blow it in the post-season like alwayse... we'll see what happens brothers... i can't wait

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Irmo, South Aiken, Spring Valley, Ridge View, Lexington? Anyone know anything about these teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
South Aiken lost probably 3/4 of their lineup and a backup goalie. But they still have the talent to go far. If they have as much heart as this year's team, it just might be a repeat. Watch for stepping up goalie Tuckfield. He's pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daniel is only losing four seniors. One is all-state, and two others were all-region. But they still have a huge roster of sophomores that will be juniors next year. I think they will be able to compete with the other large sophomore classes from greenville, such as the raiders and warriors. I'm not saying they will win state, but they will be tough to beat.

brace
brace
Daniel always fields a solid team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barnwell is only losing like a dozen seniors, for 2A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be the team that no one expects to do well? The team that people say have lost to much and have no chance in winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edisto lost alot of its "experienced" defence, but I think we can manage.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
greenville started 6 sophmores 1 senior and 3 juniors....there goalie is a senior but still have an awesome back up so no loss of talent there. there are also three very good players that sat the bench most of the time in the past season....also picking up some good freshman....i think i see a 3 out of 5 for the raiders....and yes riverside and daniel also have good underclassmen...and eastside will still be competitive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo loses 13 seniors. A big loss in numbers, however, as said many times in these posts, Irmo is such a team effort that they may just step up and hold their own anyway. Besides, Phil isn't going anywhere..ha ha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know about Spring Valley or Ridge View, Hilton Head,Lexington?

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
Hilton Head lost four seniors, but has 10 returning juniors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hanahan should be strong going into next year. We are only losing one senior, though he probably makes the biggest impact on our play. With that aside, we should be very tough competition next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
spring valley, ridge view?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Valley and The View will be a bit "down" bothe have quality players in Flynn(SV) and Hughes(RV) just not numbers.

Dreher and BC should make a run in AAA esp if Evans fully recovers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NW will just over achieve again for their 4th year in a row with 15 awsome seniors, a couple fantastic JV move ups, YOUR SC MVP (had to throw that in)...

Again, overachieving all the way to the States...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how many seniors chapin, BC, and Dreher are losing, and who will be the best out of those three?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good call lowvolt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
South Aiken loses a stable of seniors this year as well as some irreplaceable talent. But this team is just starting to bond and click as a unit, and have a lot to prove next year. But go ahead and count on being proven, because we got something that no one else in the state has.....

Goal
Goal
What teams lost a lot of seniors this year?

S
bench
bench
S
NMB is looking really good. They have awesome Juniors coming back. Look out! The Braves are back! [Wink]

Goal
Goal
The RNE girls will be pretty good next year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
braves.....dumba## Socastee are the Braves. NMB are the chiefs.

goal kick
goal kick
Chapin lost 7 seniors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barnwell is teribl and they will never go anywhere.

B
kick off
kick off
B
From just looking at 4A. The following teams have all-state players returning: Northwestern (Nathan Arroyo), Dutch Fork (Nicky Cates), South Aiken (Jamal Geathers), James Island (David Getsinger), Fort Mill (Nicklaus Schuermann), and Irmo has two(Zach Prince and Christian Monroe). All six of these teams should be good in 2006 since all finished in the top 10 in 2005. From these six teams the next question is “What talent is going to replace the ones lost?”. The simple answer is to look at the success of the JV teams. The following are the JV records for each of the aforementioned teams: SA (8-0), Fort Mill (10-1), Northwestern (12-2), Irmo (8-3), James Island (9-4), Dutch Fork (5-7-1). It should also be noted that Irmo JV beat Dutch Fork JV twice and Northwestern JV and Fort Mill JV split the series.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
It needs to also be noted that Dutch Fork's JV team had 2 or 3 highschoolers on the team. The rest of the team was made up of 7th and 8th graders. Irmo may return 2 all state players, but thats about all thats coming back. They will lose 9 starters and 13 players total. Dutch Fork will only lose 3 seniors and returns 10 starters from a team that finished 4th this year. You cannot judge a team based soley on the all state players returning. Irmo's senior class will be talented, but will have little support behind them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NW is only losing one true starter

goal kick
goal kick
NW is going to rule 4-A or they should but we saw ne thing can happen with the sa game , 3-A?? 2-A of course the bishops

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DF is goin to be nasty next year...4-A better watch out...

S
kick off
kick off
S
quote:
Originally posted by lowvolt110:
NW will just over achieve again for their 4th year in a row with 15 awsome seniors, a couple fantastic JV move ups, YOUR SC MVP (had to throw that in)...

Again, overachieving all the way to the States...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dutch Fork is going to be good next year. They have 20 returning people and 10 returning starters. Everyone better watch out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, Dutch Fork is going to the really sound next year. They have Nicky Cates and Kip Amaker in the back. Drew Sams and Ryan Martin holding it down in the midfield. Last but not least, their forwards will be the best duo in the state; Danny Cates and Steven Goulet. The rest of the team is really good also. Just a fair warning, they are going to be really good next year, so watch out to all in the state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for Wando HS next year, they are only losing 2 players from last year (David Newton and Joe Semsar), and are adding what is going to be their best player (JP Simkovich) who had to sit out last season because of transferring from Bishop England. They should be very strong.

S
bench
bench
S
Shearer: Who's dumb?! The Braves a.k.a. Socastee is looking good too! So are the Chiefs (NMB)! My two picks! Lower State will rule!

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
upperstate is still better by a lot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
upperstate: northwestern...other contenders: dorman, mauldin, south aiken (how many seniors are they losing)

lowerstate: dutch fork...other contenders: wando,hilton head, irmo(always a contender)

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
3A

upperstate: Greenville....riverside, daniel, eastside (jl mann)

lowerstate: socastee, NMB, MB

Greenville brings home a third championship

hat-trick
hat-trick
Guest, I think you are overlooking BC in the lowerstate. I don't think the beach teams should be able to handle them next year. They only lose 2 seniors from a team that could have, but didn't beat NMB this year. Only one of those seniors has an impact on the team, but really they gain a senior (one of the best in my opinion) in Evans, who was injured for the last half of the season. I think AT LEAST lowerstate will be won by BC

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard