Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
We are talking about adding more refs because IRMO lost!!! There is only controversy when they lose. Just the way I see it.

World Cup
World Cup
Who filmed the video at GOIRMO.COM? There was a young fellow on the opposite side of the stadium that was filming with a hand held camera -- was that the person?

We were standing even with the end line and on that corner kick and I was dead even with it and did not think the ball had crossed the line, but was not sure if it had hit someone's arm or hand -- Shawn Burke of USC even walked down to me to ask my opinion and I said I never saw the entire ball go over the line. I still don't know after watching that tape. What's even more amazing was the second shot that Mike Gustavsson saved right on the line -- that was one great play and you can tell from the Irmo players' reactions that they couldn't believe that ball didn't get in the goal.

It was a fantastic match between two teams that allowed only 21 goals total in 50 matches (9 South Aiken, 12 Irmo). Truly a great final that will be remembered for a very long time. Also, does anyone know the last time that one team defeated Irmo twice in the same season? I think you would have to go back a good ways to find out that fact.

Great game by both teams!

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Soccerboy

well then surely you have the video of the handball by an Irmo defender in last year's game also. That handball went uncalled.

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
Kyle is right, it was an excellent match...well played by both teams. SA needs to receive a congratulations for a well played game. We just need to find a way to ensure that goals that do go in, or other hard to see plays are called correctly. An extra ref or two at each end may do that. Look at what they do in Hockey.....they have cameras in the back of the net. The film that was used on GOIRMO.com I am not sure who filmed it.

B
kick off
kick off
B
Well, you'll get in there and show 'em how to do it next year, Soccerboy! You had the good sense to leave Wisconsin, so I have no doubt about that [Smile]

Gray? I was expecting Jones or Smith. Very colorful of you...

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
Mr. Heise knows who I am....I called a goal back on him a couple of years ago against Chapin due to the Chapin keeper getting shoved into the net....he argued with the call, but I was nice and didn't card him! [Smile]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, I am assuming that Lowerstate is an Irmo rival? Funny how we all have our own perspective on things when they happen to affect us directly, isn't it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, i have no dog in this fight, but i find it interesting that soccerboy defends officials when they benefit irmo and criticizes them when they appear to hurt irmo.

let's face it, most matches do not come down to one call. there are many instances where officiating could be better. but, it is what it is. let it go.

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
Come now coach, you can use a lot of examples of bad officiating....but let me quote a few people talking about last years PK call....

Raiderman
"Let me start by saying the PK GIVEN in this years final may have been the most legit ever"

irmo4now
"If you saw the replay on the news, it was a pretty obvious foul last night"

I am sure that there have been some calls for Irmo that may have been questionable, but none as large as the ones against. The PK last year was so clear, I didn't have to watch it over and over. If you want to talk about why I feel the way that I do, send me a private message coach, and we can settle it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How bout this... I am a SA player and as someone stated earlier if your from SA it wasnt a goal or a handball and if your from Irmo it was. But even if I got on here and said it was BOTH then it wouldnt change a thing. (not saying thats the case... it was neither in my opinion) Irmo has 15 in 26 ...only one word can describe that... AMAZING. Irmo great game, great season, and good luck next year.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard