Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
coach
coach
Great game 08,
Don't let all this talk about the goal/non goal take away any joy over your great season and great game Sat. Enjoyed watching the tough SA defense. Both teams gave a lot and both teams made it a spectator's delight.

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
Congrats 08! I have to say that SA did what they had to do!

M
bench
bench
M
Just to let everyone know, the guy who gave the PK for Irmo in 2004, and didn't give the handball/goal in 2005, just so happens to be the same man.....Funny how a year can change peoples opinions. Great Game Boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesus. Soccermom, you said your kids need to learn how to lose with class. YOU TOO. Leave it to Irmo fans to ruin another schools title. You know, it is ok to lose sometimes. We have to learn our lessons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, Statechamps, who are you talking about? I never said that. You're reading the wrong post, but what does that have to do with what I said? I just said that perspective has a lot to do with what we see and think. I also said that SA played a great game and congrats. No animosity here, where is yours coming from?

goal
goal
Scplaya08, great point. It's like all the other conspiracy theories - this will be talked about for years, but you are correct - nothing will change the fact that SA won State.

And, I for one, appreciate the respect you appear to have for Irmo's long winning history. Whether you like their players and supporters or not, any true soccer fan should also appreciate it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually MBreg the assistant referee gave the pk call the center referee did not. I think he has it out for Irmo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could really give two ***** about Irmo, South Aiken or this match, but I do know this. In the past 5 years Irmo has lost 2 championship matches. In each of these years there has been an uproar about how officiating cost Irmo the games and that in each post-match ceremony there has been an incident where the Irmo players and coaches did not give the proper respect to the opposing team.

It's easy to show class when things go your way,but the real test is when things don't.

I'll be waiting for all the rationalizations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well you have to admit, coincidentally the two championships did have two instances that would cause controversy for any losing team. I was at the game and post game the other day and still don't understand how Irmo showed a lack of class after recieveing their medals.

If I was Irmo i would be upset as well. Everyone can so "Irmo, you had a good season, there is nothing to be ashamed of," but the truth is: we, as onlookers, probably don't even understand where Irmo is coming from. Irmo has a good season every year. They have been in the BIG GAME 22 out of the last 27 times (correct me if i am wrong, but im pretty sure thats right). Irmo doesn't have a great season unless the final game is a win. That's what seperates Irmo's good seasons from great seasons. If Irmo went undefeated in every game, totally demolishing teams and lost 1-nil in a State Championship, it would only be a good season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fanatic,
Thank you for proving my point.

Refer to Kyle Heise's post on page 6 of Irmo- South Aiken for furthur edification.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard