C
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
C
who are gonna be the top contenders for player of the year from SCISA-4A

corner kick
corner kick
Prince for 4a, Evans for 3A, dont know about AA, or A, but kyle tyler for scisa.

goal kick
goal kick
The keeper for Beaufort Academy is a good choice for SCISA. Could be the best in SCISA this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If anything the keeper from pinewood is better; when comparing statistics from last year's games. Beaufort's goalie had been scored on many times when playing against Scisa teams, while most of pinewood's goals were against public schools. So how can he be better?

G
throw in
throw in
G
defiantly not feeling the kyle tyler. great guy and all but i heard he lost to some jv scrub 2-0 in parking lot soccer [Smile]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BA's Goalkeeper isn't even sure if he will play next season. He wasn't totally committed last season.In addition, BA may not even field a team this upcoming season. So, before you make assumptions, make sure that you know all the facts...

corner kick
corner kick
They might not field a team? Why is this? Oh, do tell, i am sure it is a good story.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Pinewoods keeper is the top of the class as far as the net is concerned. For player of the year, Kyle Tyler is a good pick depending on where he plays, he is a scoring threat. I would say however that Matt Winstead will probably have a big year, and being a senior, is one of my top picks for Scisa player of the year along with KC Dunbaker.
4a will be Jamal Geathers
3a Andrew Evans
2a James Ricciardone
1a don't know, don't particularly care

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is kyle tyler?

corner kick
corner kick
Kyle tyler had quite a few goals in the begginning of last year for the falcons, he willingly changed positions and his goals lessened. If he gets the oppurtunity to score goals this year, he could have another solid year. He was also a "player to watch" going into the post season last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would put KC from BL or Matt W from CN atop my list. Kyle tyler is good but he is not the top player SCISA by any means he would need a break out season to have any chance which i dont see happeneing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
u focus too much on the upper region...the lower region has good teams and players as well

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
jonathan zurcher from hotwood hall is the man. not too flashy, but a very solid player. definitely one of the best in scisa.

corner kick
corner kick
thing is we dont see a lot of the lower teams very much, plus the columbia area is more on top of things...like with publicity and the like. And yes, Zurcher is a good player, but i hear he is playing stopper this year...is he still going to have an impact?

G
throw in
throw in
G
heck yes he will have an impact. i personally think zurcher was the most underated player in all of scisa last year.

S
bench
bench
S
Justin Lambert from BL I think is in contention despite being a defender.

C
bench
bench
C
I agree, hes fast, physically tough and plays to win. But what about Brenden Kight (sp?) at WH. He's very talented and scores a lot of goals. I think he is one of the better players in scisa.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So basically this is a scisa topic now...
oh well do you think that the scisa teams who lost their goalies will be able to find new goalies by spring? And if so what would your guess be on ranking those keepers' skill levels? (i'm not sure if that last question is even a good question)
I'm so bored!

C
throw in
throw in
C
I will have to say a copntender also is Alex Collins of PG. Not only is he fast but also he can shoot. He has many great attributes , but he could be a contender if he tries hard enough.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Brenden Kight is not going to be player of the year for scisa.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mmhmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i will be willing to bet that brendan kight has more goals then anyother returning scisa player without the talent surrounding him that others have
also i bet he is one of the few ODP players in scisa this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
chill, buddy...it's just a game, no need to get all worked up, plus it's a team game...yeah, that kid may score alot of goals but will he lead his team to the state championship?

corner kick
corner kick
quote:
yeah, that kid may score alot of goals but will he lead his team to the state championship?
i am gonna have to say no on that one.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I am gonna have to say that he won't score more goals then any other returning scisa player. Simply because his team may not score more goals than any returning scisa player. I'm willing to put money that either kc, or another ben lippen player, or matt winstead, or someone from pinewood will score more goals than brendan this year. Also, brenden plays on a great club team (CSC 87) where he is able to be seen by college scouts, to see if he is a good player, but in scisa, even if he IS the most talented player, he won't be player of the year. think about it this way. 2 years ago, it was drew dunston by one source, and zack wheeler by another. both played on the team that went to the championship from the upperstate. this year it was andy shields, who played on the team in the championship from the upperstate by one source, and wayne sweeten by the other, who played for ben lippen, who were 8-2 in region, but didn't win region, due to goals for/against. scisa player of the year=quality team

C
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
C
is brenden even getting any serious looks from colleges with halfway descent colligate soccer? also, since when do you have to play ODP to be good...and even if you do play, you could only be an average player. the real contenders are gonna be between ben lippen, cardinal newman, pinewood (prolly not because its not in the midlands)or hammond (bruce and wes...possibly)

C
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
C
benp, i thought you would've remembered to two years before that too...jean kieta (ben lippen) recieved player of teh year during 02 and 03

coach
coach
Wow.......why are there so many Kight critics?
Oh, I know why. When you get schooled so many times by his moves, then that creates a critical attitude towards him. I understand it now.

H
bench
bench
H
He is a good player, but if he is man marked he gets shutdown completly and gets frustrated. I know from playing him. He would be a better player if he had a better team to support him.Although he is a good player he is not player of the year potential. It will be KC Dunbaker, Lambert, or Matt Winstean guaranteed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kight plays outside midfield/defense for CSC 87 White. Does anyone know what position he played for Wilson Hall last year? JW

H
bench
bench
H
When I played him last season, I believe he was an attacking center mid.

C
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
C
so, who are the players (4A - SCISA) that we know are going to play somewhere in college next year...and if you know the college, include it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
zach prince and jamal geathers- south carolina is all i know

B
goal
goal
B
Brendan has played for CSC 87 Navy for the past 2 years and prior to that he played for NECSA. He has played every position except keeper on the club level. In HS he played forward and CM and sweeper the last 4 games due to injuries.Thanks.

C
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
C
bdad11, since you are brendens dad, is he playing anywhere in college?

B
goal
goal
B
Brendan is like most high school seniors at this point. Exploring his options,soccer and non-soccer, and trying to make the best decision he can.

C
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
C
hey, where is benp on this...he knows everything about people to play college ball

benp SPEAK UP

Brace
Brace
BDad11 - "Brendan is like most high school seniors at this point. Exploring his options,soccer and non-soccer, and trying to make the best decision he can."

Must be a pretty good player. What are his college options? Any DI chances?

B
goal
goal
B
I'd like to change the subject. Here are some outstanding players I've seen during club that nobody has mentioned.
1) Nick Schuerman-Fort Mill/CESA Nick is one of the 2 most underated players in SC in my opinion. He is big,fast and skilled. Committed to Wofford College
2)Christian Monroe and Alex Acree- both great players for Irmo/CSC. Two of the fastest players around. Everybody knows Christian, but Alex is the other most underated player in my opinion. For those that have seen CSC Navy play they can vouch for this kids talent. My favorite player to watch.
There are others I could mention. Just about anybody for CESA,MPSC, or CSC. And some others. Lots of good players around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BDad, I'd agree with you on Alex Acree. He is underrated and in my opinion every bit as good and possibly having more raw potential and ability than anyone in Columbia.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I think that is him. An Irmo senior was telling me about a player that got kicked off the team 2 years ago, and either didn't try, or wasn't allowed to play last year. This year, as a senior, he is going to play for Irmo, provided he continues to keep his "act" together as he has been. From watching the CSC team play, I had talked to a lot of people about this Alex kid, wondering why I'd never heard of him. He is one of the top players in my opinion as well. But I still say that if we are talking about contenders for player of the year. Jamal is the only one in 4a.

hat-trick
hat-trick
CM15-90min
as far as players that will be playing college. It is too early to tell for most. As far as I know, andrew Evans, Jamal Geathers, and Zack Prince still plan to play for USC, but last years commitments were soft and not official. After that, most players are, like Brenden, weighing their options and trying to determine whether to play as much as where to play.

B
goal
goal
B
I think that correctly sums it up Benp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll sum it up with one word baby....

Arroyo...

If you don't this, Arroyo and NW are going out with a bang!?

Keep overlooking these guys...

hat-trick
hat-trick
I for one will continue to overlook them due to the fact that i never get to see them except at the lmc and the state championship. (last year i only saw them at the former due to them not being at state last year). Maybe they'll be back this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since Goose has left and irmo's keeper as well, who do you now consider to be the best keeper in 4A?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of Arroyo, is he committed or does he plan on playing anywhere next year?

S
kick off
kick off
S
Arroyo and Geathers are outstanding. I loved watching them play in last year's upperstate playoff. I can't remember, though, did they both score in that game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arroyo had on Jamal had 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one*

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
I think jamal has a much better personality then Arroyo he just cant take a joke. I mean soccer is serious but when your up 15-0 to my team and I make a joke bout how bad the game is going and he tell me to shut the **** up. then your just not a nice person. So GO GEATHERS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats actually a great method of determining the player of the year, begs. you should definitely contact the people responsible for making the selection and tell them that they should give the player of the year award to the nicest soccer player in the state, because thats all that really matters right?

brace
brace
Each person has their opinion right?

Can't personally speak for the personality of either player but if I were in money's shoes then I wouldn't be liking him much even if he was the best player in the state.

S
goal
goal
S
I agree with corner on this one.
Cornerflag: dosn't your son play for Riverside's boys Varsity.

goal
goal
When do these awards get announced?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am guessing at the coaches winter clinic. I am sure it will get the attention it deserves.

Who offered Arroyo?

C
throw in
throw in
C
How do ya'll think Porter-Gaud will do this year? With returning seniors, juniors and sophmores.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Porter-Gaud will most likely be player of the year for Scisa...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Currently Arroy is looking at:

UNC Charlotte
USC
Berry College
Limestone

USC is the prime directive but all have interest in him.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Ben Lippen's KC dunbaker is going to lander next year to play

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
I hear Arroyo will be staying close to home and attending Winthrop University in the Fall. This would be a great fit since they are an attacking team. I feel he would fit in nicely there and I am sure the coaches are happy about getting him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That can't be further from the truth...

USC and UNC Charlotte are the two majors right now

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Hahah Winthrop is that like a 2 year transfer school

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
arroyo is d man but jamal would b a good choice 2.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard