Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
B
goal
goal
B
Shearer,

I almost hate to do this, but I must ask, how does the two time defending State Champion not show up as a favorite in SCISA? I know, like someone else has said from Columbia, (CAPN Walt I think) they don't see Pinewood players before the season. Well, if you want to see the Pinewood players, watch Bridge FA 88 Gold, Bridge FA 88 Red, Bridge FA 89 Gold, Bridge FA 90 Gold, Bridge FA 90 Red, CUSC Thunder, SSC 89 Blue, and SSC 89 White.

Last year Pinewood was accused of flying under the radar, I think it was Bdad11 that put that one in there. Now back into stealth mode.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bear,

So does PP have a player on each team? I think CN will win it......BL/PP/PG/HH all have a shot....just how I see it....

Cheers

B
goal
goal
B
Bear, I wouldn't call "flying under the radar" an accusation.That has a negative connotion. At the time I meant Pinewood was not getting talked about on the SCISA board and were quietly playing very good soccer and would be a factor come May. Pinewood will most likely be better this year with the number of returning players they have. In my eyes Pinewood is a strong favorite this year. My only regret was last year saying CN was the only SCISA team capable of playing in Mr Heise's tournament. Obviously Pinewood would have acquited themselves well in that tournament.

The SCISA posters on this board are almost entirely from Columbia. Therefore the lowerstate teams don't get mentioned as much as they should.

corner kick
corner kick
i deffinately want to see the NN vs. Irmo, NW vs Irmo and NW vs. NN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another irmo vs northwestern game..seems like its turning into some sort of rivalry..besides the irmo vs nn game everyone wants to see...i would not want to miss irmo vs nw or nn vs nw...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW

I would like to know who was the brains behind this tourney scheduling...

3 of the top 4 teams in one bracket? And nice losers bracket A so someone ELSE has a chance to win?

Irmo or NW should have been in the A bracket...

B
goal
goal
B
Bdad, poor choice of words. Under the radar definitely is not a bad thing. Your right about the Columbia posters. I've noticed that.

Shearer, returning and/or potential starters, save 1 are on the teams mentioned. Naturally too soon to predict that. Other players that could/should move up are also within these teams.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
I think ranking and grouping the teams by last years power ranking is a good theory, but doesn't always work out. You say that the three top teams are in one bracket, but thats looking at last years teams. A lot of teams could be very different this year. Irmo, for instance, lost 13 seniors and like 8 starters. I know they don't rebuild, they reload, but that's still a difficult task for any team to come back from. Obviously it is still the strongest group by far, but not to the extent that everyone is saying.

J
Brace
Brace
J
I think that DF will probably take the tourney this year. Irmo is not going to be as strong as in past years. They will be good, but not strong. DF is going to crush some people this year. The NN Irmo game will be a good game. NN wants some revenge for their loss to them a few years back. I think I might have to fly down to watch some of this tournament. Has anyone heard about the squad that NN is possibly going to bring? Did they lose many people last year?

J
world cup
world cup
J
..bring me some cheese.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard