Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
corner kick
corner kick
B
well i think that because northwestern lost shouldnt that show that numbers often dont mean anything? When you looked at NW schedule they didnt play to many top rated teams at any rate. I just dont think because they were #1 alot last year and then got beat by a better team they should be rated the top team this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel, with a number of seniors that played in the 2004 championship game gone, and the intro of a new forward, plus the change in the game style for the team because of the players available and having true Junior leadership on the team versus Senior for 2005 rates them very high for preseason #1 bragging rights in 2006.

The Lake Murray Tourney will tell alot for this team this year.

They could face 2-3 top teams in order to win this year.

North Norman is younger than years past which might help Irmo in the first game.

Either way, it will be very interesting for 2006 and the coaching with Finotti just helped gell these juniors for there last year with a very good coach for 2006...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seems similar to the irmo team last year who were a senior dominated team but just couldnt get the job done.i agree with lowvolt05 that the lake murray challenge will tell a lot for northwestern.also with having a far more difficult schedule this year due to the addition of the palmetto cup in their schedule they could ultimately end up with more losses although they will be far more prepared come playoff time unlike last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love it.
Every year Wando is picked middle to lower of the pack. More years than none, they are in the thick of the playoffs when other teams picked ahead of them are eliminated.

hat-trick
hat-trick
According to the massey rankings. Wando over the past years has been ranked 5, 11, 2, 8, and 14, making thier average ranking 8.
People have thus far ranked them at 9, 7, 5, 12, 3, 8, and 7. an average ranking of 7.2. I think people's preseason rankings of Wando have been reasonable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wright-Phillips-Why do you say Northwestern will have more loses? They are capable of beating any team in the state...just because their schedule may be tougher does not mean they will lose more games than last year(only two loses).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i say they "could" end up with more losses.i didnt say they would. if you compare last years schedule to this years you would think that they would have more this year instead of last.they are capable of beating anyone in the state.does anyone have any in depth information on their players?i know arroyo is up top but who all is in their midfield? who are there center mids and outside mids or other mids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forwards:Ryan Kropp,Andrew Phillips, Arroyo,and Mitchell Gullick(sub)

Midfield:Vance Benson,Holden Mchonahey,Reid Hovis,Rob Tice

Defense:James Clinton, DJ Piers, Ben Brannan, Alexander Galloway

Goalkeeper:Taylor Crawford

These players were all starters at one point for Northwestern last year and are returning this year. They will also have some talent coming up from the JV team and possibly some freshmen on the squad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
only players ive heard of are arroyo and benson.. how are the other midfielders? ive seen the stats of all three forwards and it is quite impressive what they did last year

C
throw in
throw in
C
I think ya'll are really underestimateing PG. Their whole team can not wait for the Pinewood Prep game due to Pinewood's lucky last minute goal in over time last year. They have many returning players and many rising players that all show lots of talent. They have a stellar defense and a reasonable offense, so don't just push them aside and forget about them.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard