Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
What team will improve their performance the most this year, compared to last years team?

brace
brace
I'll go with Spring Valley, even though they were good last year. I expect them to do well this year. Dutch Fork will have a better record but they were playing very good ball at the end of the season last year so I'm not sure sure their up for the most improvement award.

I also expect to see much more out of TL Hanna this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dutch fork

Brace
Brace
My vote is for James Island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree with Hammer, James Island is definitely loaded with seniors, starting probably all 11, and there won't be a weakness on the field at all from the goalie right up to the forwards. Very strong midfield and defense.

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
In 3A, Dreher should be one of the top teams. They have 5 seniors from the U18 state championship tean (NECSA Ambush) and the goalie from the state runner-up (CSC).

corner kick
corner kick
im not going to say anything

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Player, School, Class, Points - Goals - Assists
Nathan Arroyo, Northwestern, Junior 121 - 45 - 31
Andrew Phillips, Northwestern, Junior 77 - 31 - 15
Ryan Kropp, Northwestern, Sophomore 68 - 15 - 38

So, when your looking at the '05 stats from last year and consider the Class level of which NW was at the time of their performance, its going to be hard to ignore their offensive power and the fact they return one of (if not the) top defensive player on the team from injury.

Looking to roll...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yup,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
James Clinton is the TOP defensive player who got hurt during the pre season tournment agaisnt irmo and didnt play the entire year....

look out for northwestern new coach but same frame of mind......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason those kids scored so many goals last year is because northwestern didn't play anybody good. They played irmo once and then didn't play a quality team again until south aiken in the upper state semi-finals. They blew everyone out 10-12 to zero because they played teams like rock hill, easely, and lancaster. I'll give the arroyo kid some credit, 45 goals in one season is a lot, but any team can score 150+ goals in a season if they play rock hill, easely, and lancaster every game.

world cup
world cup
Anti-Trojanman,

That's right. Northwestern will have to face that crappy Fort Mill team twice again this year. Who couldn't roll up 45 goals on them?!?!

What rock did you crawl out from under?

Northwestern got it done every game last year, and although the region isn't deep they took care of business and excelled out of region as well. No shame in losing to the eventual state champ in the upper-state finals.

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
Why are you even discussing NW in this thread? Can they be the most improved team if they were #3 or #4 in the state last year? I highly doubt it. They will be good again this year, but far from the most improved team. Read the thread topic before you go beating your chest on how good NW is!

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
Does anyone have any information on how good Dorman is supposed to be this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
trojanman23, you say the only quality sides they played were south aiken and irmo? correct me if i am wrong but didnt they play eastide which was probably the best team in the state regardless of any classification. looking at their schedule it looks like you are bashing teams such as fort mill, dorman, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea soccerboy has a point, nw shouldn't be discussed in this thread b/c all they can really do is go down from there, they've already been at the top. all the goals are impressive but the strength of schedule is not strong at all. They may have played your precious fort mill and dorman, who both are mediocre teams at best, but they also did play lancaster and rock hill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccergirl18 stop your crying...
You must have a man on one of those lowly mediocre teams ah?
My point as most improved then would be instead of beating your school 7-0 they will increase this to 12-0... and capture those two losses they had last year.
Either way and just for fun was this insert on NW, your bashing of many other highschool teams does not fair well in any POST so shut the front door and go away please!

J
world cup
world cup
J
Picking on a girl..just because she is a girl? Quite sad. Even worse..is that she is far more articulate than you. If anything..at least I could read her post without backtracking.

I'm wondering about Dorman as well..and there has also been talk of James Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if i had a man on a mediocre team, then i wouldn't call them mediocre. yea James Island has been getting some talk lately, they'll be a force in lower state along with dutch fork.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
putting james island on the same level as dutch fork may be the most amusing thing ive heard this week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L-E Dude... What's that for "losing end" as losing end of any game you were in?

Nice comeback by the way. Very creative and to the point...

She must be your girl?

You guys, come on!!! James Island? I think not.

The lower state teams will once again eat them up. But don't worry, I feel the National Coaches Poll will feel the same as you folks about the weak schedule and place NW #1 in the Nation once again...

Oh, and you can re-read that as many time as you like...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
P.S. I guess you could call South Akien's schedule weak also since they did not play anyone except Irmo and NW also right.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Yet again.. I don't follow. But I won't waste my time backtracking this time [Wink]

Side note: I find it interesting..that people are more inclined to PM information on specific teams..rather than post it in the designated thread. On second thought..it's probably to avoid the back-and-forth BS or "conflict of interest" (had to use that term since it's so popular these days) ..anyway.. whatever..another thread down the pipes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no lower state team has "eaten up" james island. they beat hilton head, they beat summerville, they beat brookl(and)-cayce, they took wando to pk's. wando took irmo to pk's, and irmo beat dutch fork 3-0. i think james island is on the same level as dutch fork. by the way, the james island club team recently beat the mt. pleasant club team during the regular season, and the wando club team is probably better than the high school team.

[ December 17, 2005, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Kevin Heise ]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your statement about their club team beating mt pleasant doesnt mean anything because you can look and some of their results during the season and they were far less from impressive.also the way you state that james island is on the same level as dutch fork is simply errant. by saying that i assume you mean for example since clemson beat florida state and florida state beat virginia tech then that makes clemson better than both of them and they should be in a bcs game. i think not..we can make a chain list of who beats who and you could eventually be putting a team like lower richland over than irmo ( a little too extreme in that case)...just tryin to make a point nothin personal

hat-trick
hat-trick
South Aiken's weak schedule is irrelevant. They won state, and no one is complaining about their inflated stats...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the fact still remains that no lower state team has "eaten up" james island.

goal
goal
I think Hartsville ate them up pretty good in the playoffs two years ago!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the team was all sophmores and that was a fluke, everybody knows that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
James Island 2005 Record --- 16-5-1
Losses:
Wando 3-2 (Preseason)
1-0 (P.K's)
2-1
Bishop England 1-0 (P.K's)
Dutch Fork 2-1 (First Round)

All Losses by one goal or P.K's - Sounds to me like they got torn apart by everyone last year

Dutch Fork tied and lost to B-C, JI won 1-0 to
B-C; unlucky Irmo handled Dutch Fork 4 times last year 3 in regular season and once in playoffs

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
First off your wrong. Dutch Fork only played Irmo three times. Second off, not one of those times were they "handled". Irmo was definitely the better team, but each game was a well played game on both parts. So before you start tryin to make retarded conclusions atelast get your facts straight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'd say 3-0 is a pretty solid victory for irmo, and if 3-0 is a close game, then how can anyone say JI isn't on the same level as dutch fork, they only lost 2-1

J
world cup
world cup
J
..whoa.. logic.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard