Corner Kick
G
upstate PUBLIC 1A

#31944 05/15/06 12:31 AM
N
bench
bench
N
Sorry, Guardrail, I just couldn't resist...
How big is Academic Magnet? Oh yeah, it's a HUGE 1A school, ALMOST 2A...
What is its geographic area that it draws from...oh yeah, Greater Charleston (urban/suburban, maybe SOME rural??)...don't forget, this is the biggest argument that the whiners have about BE and CC (SCS doesn't win anything)...
What are the demographics of the students at AMHS...oh yeah, fairly diverse, but PLENTY of "affluent" (another argument by the whiners) students are there.
Just wait until AMHS wins a few championships in a row (it is entirely possible, even likely). You will need to get your arguments together and get ready to defend your teams, because your school has many of the advantages that BE and CC have, and double (??) the student body of CC.

Can we create a new message board "Soccer Chatter For Grumpy Old Men That Are Bored" for Guardrail? He might even be angry, not just grumpy. I wonder why? Is he just mad because Lincoln (boys) and BE (girls) beat the AMHS teams in the playoffs this year? It seems MUCH more deep than that.

#31945 05/15/06 03:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, other than CC, the upstate has a ways to go, especially since SCS is alomst, if not the smallest 1A school!!! other than this year, we have finished third in the state every year!!! i think that is pretty impresive for such a small school that doesnt recruit!!!

scisafan, why are you even talking, lets see i have been on her two years, you have been on here 5 days, i dont think you have the right to start trash talking anybody!!!

#31946 05/16/06 04:29 AM
goal
goal
I just wanted to give special props to CC and Lincoln!! That was a very good game. I was especially impressed with Lincoln. They are a very talented team with some impressive players. Notable Preston Myers and Darwin Deas, I think, are very talented teams and college coaches should line up for those two guys. Both are very talented, quick, and very soccer savy. Also, I can't remember their names but #1, #10, #2, and #5, all are talented athletic soccer players. That is a very exciting team to watch and the state should take notice of those players and that team. Not to mention they are a young too. In my opinion, that was the most exciting interesting match in the state championships. I take back what I said about them.

#31947 05/15/06 11:30 PM
N
kick off
kick off
N
What team's in 1A will be strong in 2007?

#31948 05/16/06 03:08 AM
G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
scisa - you miss one very significant point. AMHS is a publicly funded academic institution who's admissions are based on academics. They have little if any control over who does or does not apply. And oh by the way afluence has nothing to do with getting into AMHS either.

BE and CCES are private schools who can and will recruit and subsidize athletes as long as they meet other academic requirements. No way you say - sorry but when my son was in high school up here it was experienced by players he knew.

#31949 05/16/06 04:06 AM
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Congratulations Lincoln...on winning everybody's respect...IT'S ABOUT TIME PEOPLE START TO TAKE NOTICE!!! Great game on Saturday...wish I could have been there...

#31950 05/16/06 01:26 PM
goal kick
goal kick
I Noticed...

quote:
Originally posted by Coastal Soccer Club:
Instead of asking what happened to other teams who play Lincoln, you should be asking why is Lincoln so good. 5 reasons; Preston, Adrian, Terrance, Nick, and Darwin.

These 5 players have been involved in Club soccer and ODP since they were 9/10 years old. In addition, Jamal Geathers came from the same small town (McClelenville). The remaining six players for Lincoln don’t have the skills the top 5 have, but they are very fast, very strong, and do not give up. It’s simple, 11 athletes and 5 skilled players in key positions on the field.

Club soccer and the gracious generosity of many parents in the Myrtle Beach / Mt. Pleasant areas turned this little school into contenders. In addition, the same group of parents and Jason (Aiken) were instrumental in getting Jamal (From McClelenville) to USC. I am so glad that these guys are still playing soccer and these athletes should be commended for their efforts. In addition, other soccer clubs should emulate this success and include those who are less fortunate in their programs.

“GREAT STUFF”

#31951 05/16/06 02:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SCS will be pretty stong next year!!! only losing two seniors!!!

Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard