A
sorry about my last statement i meant to take off the last sentence* sorry

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
to Loc Dog what i didn't mean that your team had to be of superstars like geathers, i was talking about having the basic skills, i think it should be limited, not so much as to be ridiculous, but to set a reasonable amount

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
It should be unlimited.

first of all, not one person on here has said how you would handle the lopsided games with subbing logically. Because of region games, there will always be lopsided scores. When you are a better team and you play teams like LR, OW, Rock Hill, Marlboro Co., Hartsville, etc., it allows some of your bench players to get considerable minutes. Your starters still get their run, but then some of the kids who dont play much, if any, in the big games get a chance to show what they can do. If you limit subs then you limit some of these players minutes.

Secondly, why is unlimited substituting an advantage? I think leaving players in the match is better than having these line changes, which I have seen very little of. the good teams tend to get in a flow and want very little changes to stay in it.

Thirdly, by limiting subs, will that really make everyone match fit? Or will it just slow down the pace of the game? Teams will just sit in more and counter even more than they already do if they are not fit.

Lastly, high level club players, ie premier and challenge level, are not asked to play 90 mins or sit, so why should a high school player who may only play during the high school season be asked to do something different? Lets be real, only at the big schools are they getting 18-20 soccer players if they are lucky. Do you think Heise is getting that many soccer players? some years he might, others he definitely is not.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
i understand what you are saying but limiting subs would help create better plays and get a few that plan for college ready for a college like atmosphere. we can argue about this all day but for a change to happen like this it would be national and that would just make to much of a problem. so the verdict is that until subbing becomes a problem nothing about the rule will change

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
As I see it, a HUGE problem with limiting substitutions would be the officials keeping track of it. In college there is a fourth official. Now, I haven't coached, or been, to a high school game in 4 years, but when I did coach, we sometimes had trouble getting 2 refs at a game (and I coached in Greenville County). I think it would be very hard to get a third or a fourth official. I have seen very few competent high school officials so it may be asking a lot to have the ones in the center keep track. Just my opinion.

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
that's y the 2 subs per half and unilimited at the half is a perfect option, i don't think it would be a burden on 1 ref to keep track of 2 subs per team per half, at halftime its unilimited so they wouldn't have to worry about it

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
once again my idea about 2 subs a team each half and unlimited during half would be perfect. its simple and not very hard to follow and the only way this would work is if the rules were changed on a national scale.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
idk but i think my statements about the substitutions has been my first good comments on this forum in a long time. everything else has been actual argueing with others on how good i think swansea actually is. a change is in due process, i will continue to contribute to forums only when i express my opinion and ill try not to drag swansea into it unless it is relevant. (man i think i spelled a few words wrong.) just gimme this one last post...SWANSEA TOP TEN IN 2A. thats my last swansea comment. i bid you fellows goodbye.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I believe you mentioned preparing the players for college by limiting subs. How does the come into play for Swansea? I just don't see how you personally would want to limit subs for college purposes?

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
omg i was saying for athletes that plan on going to college to play, not people from swansea. well so far we actually already have one person who has committed

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard