Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#32683 02/19/06 02:55 AM
hat-trick
hat-trick
I don't have the stats from the ben lippen games today. However I'd like to note that in the Dutch Fork game, Kip Amaker was a machine. He not only continuously fouuled ben lippen players, but also his own players. I think the final foul count was something like 26-12 (ben lippen with 12) but 2 yellows for ben lippen and no cards for dutch fork (I don't know how you can get called for 26 fouls and not get at least one card for PI).
Northwestern 3-1 Ben Lippen
1-0 ben lippen 20 minutes in, and Northwestern answered. with 9 minutes left Northwestern was awarded a PK to make it 2-1. Then in the final seconds of the match they finished on the corner. I personally am proud of the showing that Ben Lippen had in the tournament. I think we were the only Scisa team to win a game this weekend.

#32684 02/19/06 03:02 AM
S
kick off
kick off
S
kipp amaker is a beast, he plays hard always. he has a tendency to foul, but rarely gives up anything too dangerous for his own team. i wouldnt mind having him on my team, whether or not he fouls.

#32685 02/19/06 03:12 AM
hat-trick
hat-trick
Eastside is 2-1

#32686 02/19/06 04:58 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Okay. Warning: Long!

First of all..I'd like to say: What a GREAT pre-season tournament. Thoroughly enjoyed myself today!

As for what I saw.

9AM - Irmo/Northwestern: 3-1 NW

My first impression of Irmo..small. Just couldn't get over their lack of size. As the game got underway..Enzo Martinez (as the kids are saying) is "straight sick nasty"..seriously. Northwestern definitely controlled the majority of the match. There was little to NO communication between Irmo's keeper and the fullbacks..and Northwestern just tore them apart..playing balls into that space and letting the confusion do the work. The Irmo goal came pretty late and was merely consolation. Enzo, Andrew Phillips, and Ryan Kropp(despite his hair) were a great offensive tandem for NW.

11AM - Ben Lippen/Dutch Fork: 0-1(OT) DF

First- Whoever said earlier that DF controlled from the second half on..is mistaken. If I learned anything from the two Ben Lippen matches I watched today. It's that they are a SOLID second half team. If you don't put them away early..you're in for a tough one.
So- DF started the match without a lot of their starters..taking BL lightly of course. DF still kept the ball on the BL half for most of the 1st..but BL started getting the ball into the attacking third..and I think after a close call.. the starters for DF (Hite, Goulet, Sams) came in. But it was too late. BL found their rythym and the rest of the match was fairly even. I'd still probably give the possession advantage to DF..and they did miss a few quality chances to distance themselves..(Goulet missing at least 4 just outside the post)
Another note on the officiating (which overall was very solid)..not only does it boggle my mind that Kipp Amaker himself had 7 fouls with no yellow.. but that a penalty was called inside DF's box..and BL was awarded a FREE KICK.. and not a PK!!
Long story short.. Ben Lippen had a monster game..and yes DF was missing Cates but BL didn't have four starters too.. a great match..just a shame to see a valiant effort fall short.

3PM - Ben Lippen/Northwestern: 3-1 NW

..pretty much the same story. Valiant effort..but just came up short. Totally different match than NW/Irmo. Excellent play from the BL keeper and SUPER fast defense #12 Justin (forget lastname). Still would give a slight advantage in possession to NW..but there was certainly NO domination of any kind.
As was said earlier..BL scored first..and was answered shortly after. Then the rain got a little heavier and the play became a bit more physical. Couldn't help but feel that the refs were a bit apprehensive about carding for something malicious..but were more than ready to card for dissent. Anyway..VERY physical match. BL really stepped it up and challenged 50/50 balls. The offense that resulted in a PK for NW was nothing that hadn't been going on for the last 20min. ..so there was a consistency issue there. And then the 3rd goal came with less than a minute before the final whistle.
Great GREAT performance from BL keeper, Kade #13, #4 Eric?, #12 Justin, and #15 in the middle.
..side note: The new NW coach was absolutely RAILING his team at the half.

5PM - Chapin/Norman North: 3-1 NN

Only stayed for the first half. 3-0 Norman at the half. There was no real point in sticking around. Chapin couldn't get ANYTHING past the NN defense..and the NN attack was just too much despite some excellent play from the Chapin keeper. Also..was kind of disappointed in the Chapin crowd. For it being at their place..there wasn't much support..and the voices that were there weren't very positive. Just an observation.

..left that match to go over to Eastside/DF

Eastside/DF was a perfect example of why PKs are a HORRIBLE way to finish a match. Eastside CONTROLLED that game..and the 2nd goal by #9 Rengifo was just..ridiculous. Burned a couple of DF defenders..then dribbled into the 18 and unloaded a MONSTER rocket to the NEAR post.. DF keeper just looked stunned. 2nd goal for DF was off a mistake by an EHS defender but props to DF for finishing. I can't stress enough though..the quality touch EHS had..their movement as a team.. all of it..was very impressive. DF never gave up though..and that's why they play the game.

So..I guess that concludes my summary. Excellent soccer all around..props to all the players I watched..good stuff!

(haven't proofread..so..sue me.)

#32687 02/19/06 05:20 AM
S
kick off
kick off
S
too bad you dont get extra points for style. eastsides second goal WAS ridiculous...but overall the game was fairly even. eastside dominated the last 10 minutes of the first half and a good portion of the second, but df started in control, and found their rhythm again later into the second half.

#32688 02/19/06 05:21 AM
S
kick off
kick off
S
and i would guess it had more to do with df resting players than underestimating bl. no one doubts that ben lippen is usually a pretty solid team in scisa.

#32689 02/19/06 05:31 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
The 2nd goal by Rengifo was definitely the best of the tournament (that I saw) ..distant 2nd was an Enzo Martinez goal against Irmo. But yeah..that shot from Rengifo was quality.

#32690 02/19/06 01:23 PM
S
bench
bench
S
isn't time of possession controlling the game? I agree BL was dangerous the whole game, but Dutch Fork had most of the possession of the ball from the second half on. It was definately a good game for BL (it did go to OT).

#32691 02/19/06 01:43 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
..don't want to argue semantics..but you still have to account for shots, 50/50 balls, etc. Neither team was that crisp as far as possessing and passing goes perhaps because most everything was contested and there was a pretty frantic pace to the match. Annnnnyway..

#32692 02/19/06 02:01 PM
R
goal kick
goal kick
R
The Finals of the Lake Murray Challenge between Dutch Fork and Norman North has been changed to 1:30 at Chapin High School.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard